When is the right time, what was it for you ?

CharlieH

Unless one is really sure there is never anything in their homeland they are going to want again, then DON"T cut ties...

I think a lot of us bitch about our country of origin, but at the end of the day, how real are these feelings? Sure I can talk trash about America and Americans and the system, but at the end of the day do I love it any less? No, it was the place that gave me opportunities, friendships and stability and without it, I wouldn't be able to do what I am doing in Thailand today... Same goes for every country, I doubt many of us would be able to do our "Thailand Thing" if it wasn't for our Native Lands...I had to remind this to a English man yesterday who wouldn't stop ranting about how terrible it how Thailand was so much better I asked him "So your retirement pension, that's really awful isn't it" he got my drift and stopped his rant

P.S. I'd love to see Scotland gain Independence or for that matter Wales and Northern Ireland once again become part of Ireland. But it's not really practical and I think that if Scotland does become its own country, they will soon find out that they would rather be part of the union again, just my yankee two cents

Edited by Smurkster

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cannot become a Thai citizen or a landed immigrant, you can never burn that final bridge. You are here at the pleasure of the people of Thailand and can be asked to leave at any time. So you should as a citizen of your home country, never try to destroy a bridge you may need in the future. The final bridge as you call it would be your passport. If you are fortunate enough to get permanent residency, you are still in the same boat but you have a few more privileges.

If you cannot become a Thai citizen or a landed immigrant, you can never burn that final bridge. You are here at the pleasure of the people of Thailand and can be asked to leave at any time. So you should as a citizen of your home country, never try to destroy a bridge you may need in the future. The final bridge as you call it would be your passport. If you are fortunate enough to get permanent residency, you are still in the same boat but you have a few more privileges.

Here they can ask me to leave. In my home country they can put me in prison. I'll take my chances here any day of the week. I can become a Thai Citizen if I want to. But why would I want to?

Here they can ask me to leave. In my home country they can put me in prison. I'll take my chances here any day of the week. I can become a Thai Citizen if I want to. But why would I want to?
Why wouldn't you want to?

i reckon the day i realized that i would never clean my own house, scour my own toilet or wash and iron my own clothes again was the day i committed, though admittedly it happened over time.

this is home. plain and simple.

im not not married btw, but i have a great housekeeper.

Edited by HooHaa

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^...wrong...if they want you to.

If you knew me you could say that. You don't and you can't.

But I did say that...so try and erase it from history if you like.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You did not tell the truth because you don't know me and have no way of knowing if Thailand wants me or doesn't want me. You posted something that you made up with no way of knowing if it was true or not.

Why wouldn't you want to?

I get money because I am a US citizen. I would not get money if I was a Thai citizen.

You did not tell the truth because you don't know me and have no way of knowing if Thailand wants me or doesn't want me. You posted something that you made up with no way of knowing if it was true or not.

Thats why I said 'if' gettit ??

Or you no unnerstan engrish ?

My statement stands...next...