Brand new WHITE CAR under the SUN for years, would it TURN YELLOW ? Any experience ?

I cut a nice piece of cloth to place along the dash top running the length of the window screen to stop the upholstery from cracking in the heat.

What make of car/truck has that problem ?

Just did it with all my vehicles here, not any particular make or model. If the sun is shining directly onto the dash top through the windscreen it becomes extremely hot and this is just a protection. I have seen older cars with the dash top all cracked and peeling and the inside showing through. I usually buy a meter of nice black furry type material and cut it to fit the top. I first did it on a Mercedes I had and it looked great so I have done at all times since. You can also buy ready made mats for this purpose but they don't look anything special.

I cut a nice piece of cloth to place along the dash top running the length of the window screen to stop the upholstery from cracking in the heat.

Just did it with all my vehicles here, not any particular make or model. If the sun is shining directly onto the dash top through the windscreen it becomes extremely hot and this is just a protection. I have seen older cars with the dash top all cracked and peeling and the inside showing through. I usually buy a meter of nice black furry type material and cut it to fit the top. I first did it on a Mercedes I had and it looked great so I have done at all times since. You can also buy ready made mats for this purpose but they don't look anything special.

A carpet on the dash doesn't look cool if you have trendy wheels..........laugh.png

• Like 2

A carpet on the dash doesn't look cool if you have trendy wheels..........laugh.png

And not to forget the fancy lights underneath....

All modern car panels are coated with clear paint. This blocks UV and protects the color. Therefore, sunlight will not degrade the paint. However, any contaminants that fall on the surface such as bird droppings and tree sap will harm the paint if left unchecked.

Frivolous topic if I ever seen one.....

Perhaps. The poster made a civil request for feedback. He deserves a civil response.

Let us stars a new topic that ,, I'm planning to buy a yellow car and I'm worried that the light

from the sun will turn it yellow, should I worry or better buy a color sun, more so, if I live the car

with out driving it for vary long time, will the there tiers turn square shape also...

Black absorbs, white reflects, if you don't believe that then check your laundry line next time you do a wash. On that basis, black items should become damaged whereas white items should remain pristine, correct?

I'll run that past the girl's at the laundry where I go. Don't hold your breathe waiting for a reply! biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

All modern car panels are coated with clear paint. This blocks UV and protects the color. Therefore, sunlight will not degrade the paint. However, any contaminants that fall on the surface such as bird droppings and tree sap will harm the paint if left unchecked.

Yes, it seems to be the reason why some people are so addicted to wash their car.

And I read that tha car paint should be washed very well when it comes our from the dealer.

related question - anyone use a car / truck cover? Suggestions / recommendations / advice appreciated.

If you want swirls, holograms and to ultimately give your car that "freshly sanded" look as the the dust the gets under wears away at your paint, they're a fantastic accessory, IMHO :P

Toyota says it will go yellow. My friend has to pay 400bt every service for a special polish to be applied. This is mandatory to keep the body warranty.

Oh boy, they saw him coming.

• Like 1