New Chinese Restaurant - Absolute Gem

seadoo

Now I'm a self confessed lover of Chinese food and we have tried most if not all of the Chinese Restaurants in this town for some are very good.

But last night we discovered a new and absolute gem.

It is an authentic Chinese Restaurant actually run by a Husband and Wife team who are Chinese and speak no English or Thai - they do speak Russian though.

The food was real Chinese food plus their menu had some western style Chinese dishes.

The menu is 95% in Chinese writing all with photos.

The food was stunning, huge servings and the best I have tried in this town in my 10 years here.

Testament was the fact that the kids wanted more.

5 huge dishes, rice and drinks 840 Baht.

Now don't expect a lavish decor, it's typical of a small Chinese restaurant in China. Has some signs out front in english saying Chinese restaurant.

They don't cook with MSG - I showed them the Chinese word for thqt on my phone and they said no.

Now the restaurant is a little out of the way, it is about 150 metres from Sukhumvit Road on the right hand side of Soi Neurn Plub Wann or Sukhumvit Soi 53 - don't blink or you will miss it.

Worth the effort to get there easy parking across the road in the night time when the shops are closed across the road.

Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

post-37218-13949501864536_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, in the old Soi Welcome Jomtien location, it was a promising place but had some really serious problems.

Like, as mentioned, really serious language issues for non-Chinese, non-Russian speakers.

Like most of the menu not being available.

Like promised for ingredients on the menu not being delivered.

For example, pork with eggplant served with no pork.

Like no actual Sechuan peppers in dishes calling for them.

However there were bright sides too and some obvious kitchen talent.

It is possible they have cleaned up their act in this new location.

I haven't been yet but there was another poster a while back who seemed to indicate things had improved from Soi Welcome.

Yes, for me the new location is awful.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1