Shed...

Showbags

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Location would factor in to the price you pay.

Also if you want to get materials yourself and just pay labour costs, or you want someone to supply and build.

Or do you intend doing it all yourself ?

Approx dimensions ?

Edited by CharlieH

Wow, good job mate, nice size aswell.

Good "mancave" I would guesstimate about 100k

100K? Are you serious? If I spent 15K I would wonder what I was doing wrong.

Yes I am, but it depends entirely on the spec, which we dont know and I have made certain assumptions, I have assumed the interior is finished to an adequate standard and it has a concrete base, and finished floor etc. That aspect alone would eat your 15k.

I suppose you would make mine for less too huh ?

post-109645-0-43997500-1394969217_thumb.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Only what we see here, and assuming there is a concrete floor inside, 60.000 in materials, that is if he bought all the wood and it is decent hardwood. If the OP had all the wood laying around, then material cost would be the concrete floor only of course

• Like 1

Yes I am, but it depends entirely on the spec, which we dont know and I have made certain assumptions, I have assumed the interior is finished to an adequate standard and it has a concrete base, and finished floor etc. That aspect alone would eat your 15k.

attachicon.gif20140316_181745.jpg

We are talking about a shed, not a bijou residence for the refined connoisseur. I must admit that I do all my building myself and that I think I have an idea of what a simple construction like this should cost,

Edited by cooked

Only what we see here, and assuming there is a concrete floor inside, 60.000 in materials, that is if he bought all the wood and it is decent hardwood. If the OP had all the wood laying around, then material cost would be the concrete floor only of course

Would be inclined to agree with you on this one...

Neversure had a thread going about costs, a couple of days ago. I hope this one is going to have AC,.....nothing worse than drinking hot beer in a stinking hot shed.

We are talking about a shed, not a bijou residence for the refined connoisseur. I must admit that I do all my building myself and that I think I have an idea of what a simple construction like this should cost,

Wow 15k...

The solid wood beams alone cost 3 to 4 times that....but of course you would know that right ?

Oh....and the slab at 16 cube....??

Oh and even just the red bricks....circa 9000 of them at 8 satang each ?

Any idea how much metal roof is ?....steel frame ??

Seriously its obvious you have not built much other than a dog kennel perhaps.

post-190927-0-69517000-1394970840_thumb.

• Like 2

Neversure had a thread going about costs, a couple of days ago. I hope this one is going to have AC,.....nothing worse than drinking hot beer in a stinking hot shed.

Verandah is nice n cool....the rest is a shed...for stuff...stuff dun need aircon.

Crikey ... Even our house dun have aircon...

I have detailed all the costs....so whom ever gets closest to the mark...gets a free beer.

Doing it ourself, buying materials and employing labour....pic taken yesdy

Area is Khao Yai.

Dimensions is 10m x 5m x 5m high.

wow 5 meters high? that's pretty high. It will require columns built on site, with wall braces poured every couple of meters. and you would require a minimum of of six columns.

IMO it will cost about 100.000 bht

Now if you were doing it 3 Meters high,you can use the prefabricated columns, pour a slab. metal roof ,fill in the space between the columns with breeze block, and you are done. Easy to do. and a lot less expensive.

Here is a list of materials for those interested....

Labour...

Makro land fill...

Electric connection....

Water connection...

Old wood posts....

Wood for side panelling...

Toilet, wash basin, shower...

Water tank...

Sewage tank...

Electrical fittings, pipes etc...

Steel roof and fittings....

Steel beams...

Carport door, solid redwood....

Red bricks...

Steel rebar...

Wire mesh...

Cement bags....

Cement blocks....

Readymix cement...

sand and stone....

steel plates and bolts for posts....

loft floor....

Misc...

Verandah is nice n cool....the rest is a shed...for stuff...stuff dun need aircon.

Crikey ... Even our house dun have aircon...

I have detailed all the costs....so whom ever gets closest to the mark...gets a free beer.

ME...ME....pick ME !!!!!!!!!!biggrin.png ....I estimate 78000HT.....

Charlie.. Can you Pm me your costs on that one, Thanks

Bricks not rendered....only internal wall between shed and bedroom/toilet.....and inside the toilet and bedroom....shed interior and all external walls left red brick raw.....this actually took them a long time to do as inbetween each brick they had to smooth back the cement to give that look of the brick sticking out of the wall a little bit.

Bricks not rendered....only internal wall between shed and bedroom/toilet.....and inside the toilet and bedroom....shed interior and all external walls left red brick raw.....this actually took them a long time to do as inbetween each brick they had to smooth back the cement to give that look of the brick sticking out of the wall a little bit.

In the UK we call that "raking out" the joints and "pointing".

I'll stick with my 160k guess-timate.

Nicely done, and very frugally, good job!

My first TGF spent 65K - all her own money saved up over 18 months from her allowance - to buy/build her family a transported secondhand teak house not far from Muang Buriram.

So how in heck could a little SHED be estimated at 100??

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

Nicely done, and very frugally, good job!

My first TGF spent 65K - all her own money saved up over 18 months from her allowance - to buy/build her family a transported secondhand teak house not far from Muang Buriram.

So how in heck could a little SHED be estimated at 100??

Do the sums....do you know how expensive wood is here....then factor in quality redwood and around 20cm sq posts....x 21

Then steel roof....tis 160b a metre with insulation underneath.....

and like I said above ...16 cube of concrete slab, so do the sums....and that ain't even a quarter of the materials.

Methinks this guy wants to impress us with how much he spent on a 'shed'. This isn't a shed, and in his first posting he didn't mention the list of materials he used. Anyone that doesn't suggest a sum over

฿100 000.- is apparently an idiot. ( I have been building all my life, and not dog kennels). I helped my son in law rebuild his house to a high standard, steel joists, the lot, ฿20 000.- including concrete base... there again, we weren't ashamed of doing the work ourselves and I has assumed that the OP was going to proudly tell us how he did it himself. Strange post in that case.