Shed...

Showbags

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has a concrete base, Burmese redwood frame and sherawood walls - evrything about 4800 baht

lo0ks to be about 1/30th of the size of the OP's so calculating based on that the OP's would have cost about Bt150,000

Edited by Spoonman

Mine has a concrete base, Burmese redwood frame and sherawood walls - evrything about 4800 baht

That is a lot of money for that shed. Picture is bigger than the shed biggrin.png

Sorry misread the quote as 48.000 Baht. Time for new glasses I guess.

Edited by JesseFrank

Just based on the square meters....50

I did a carport of similar size....but all new materials original estimate was $75,000 baht.....no walls, no toilet. etc.....and according to your post recycled material....

So with that in mind....free material (recycled) ...you doing the labor costs......well.....guess you did it for NOTHING!

I did a carport of similar size....but all new materials original estimate was $75,000 baht.....no walls, no toilet. etc.....and according to your post recycled material....

So with that in mind....free material (recycled) ...you doing the labor costs......well.....guess you did it for NOTHING!

Please show me where to get free recycled redwood posts from ?

Please show me where to get free recycled redwood posts from ?

Well.... I incorrectly assumed when you said "recycled" That it meant you already had the materials (free) and were recycling them..

Obviously wrong.....my apologieswub.png

just curious....is this a shed (bare bones building generally used for storage) or a bungalow as it has a bedroom and bathroom?

Either way ...I am presently doing a construction project wherein the all in cost is going to be about 7000 baht a square meter.

You are building a 50 square meter building at a lesser standard than mine so my guess would be that its going to cost you 5000 baht/meter Sooooo

350,000 Baht

Edited by beachproperty

just curious....is this a shed (bare bones building generally used for storage) or a bungalow as it has a bedroom and bathroom?

Either way ...I am presently doing a construction project wherein the all in cost is going to be about 7000 baht a square meter.

You are building a 50 square meter building at a lesser standard than mine so my guess would be that its going to cost you 5000 baht/meter Sooooo

350,000 Baht

Not a bad guestimate the BP......

Don't forget the extra 3x10m verandah out front, but essentially that does not have the same cost as the other as no walls etc.....also includes some earthworks costs in that of around 30k.

It is a shed with an attached bedroom and toilet for a caretaker.....that area is 5x2.5m and the remainder of the building is 7.5x5m and that is bare bones shed....walls not rendered, leveled of with red brick showing etc, no ceiling, small loft area for extra storage above the bedroom etc and a water tank up there.

I spent the extra building it...as it could have been built cheaper....but so we could use it for something nicer later if we want, then all the essentials are there, strong frame and beautiful wood, even the outside brickwork is 'raked' out for a nicer look...as easier to do now than later.

Same with the roof, the steel frame is strong enough to take tiles if and when we want to change it later.

It is for storage of all our stuff as we are moving away soonish....so shed now....workshop, maybe even guesthouse later on if we ever come back.

Just getting it surveyed for subdivision and she's on the market.......anyone wanna rai ?...or 3 ??

Edited by Showbags

Its a lot more than you think.

Rule of thumb estimating for high quality reckon on 10k/m2 for domestic single storey plus 5k/m2 for deckings car ports, verandah.

Average quality 7k/m2

So 650,000 for high quality and 500,000 for average....all new materials though.

Using a lot of salvaged I think you saved 20% so your price between 400,000 and 500,000.

Far too indulgent for a shed!

My reputation on the line here with my budget estimate.

350/400k.......couple good estimates about.

Indulgent, but as mentioned above, it is built a little bigger, a little nicer and a little stronger for later if we wish to change some things with it and make it into something else, it is all there and very easy to do.....tiled roof, knock out a brick wall or 2 and put in louvered doors etc.

as for the poster somewhere above quoting 20k fora high quality build of a little house or such....cheesy.gif

Edited by Showbags

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know they had "redwood trees" in Thailand.

I suspect 'real' redwood would last about 12 months here, a tasty snack for the local insect life.

If he's getting recycled timber it's likely teak (expensive) or Burmese ironwood (mai daeng).

^ ta.... between 350 and 400k......not totaled it up since last few costs, door etc.

The builder wanted 10k to make the door...not including any materials....told him to shuv that and do meself.

Might not have been 7cm short but......still, 7cm not worth 10k.

• Like 1

oh that air vent.....well that was always going to be timbered across, just because the large chunk of wood missing from one side where the hinges would be going.....but that is also where the 7cm went missing.

First half was easy, second door will be difficult just to get it to fit evenly and not look stooopid with large gap down left side, nor in the middle where they meet.

Lets see......glues drying on the door for last 48hrs....ready to lock n loll tomorrow.

oh that air vent.....well that was always going to be timbered across, just because the large chunk of wood missing from one side where the hinges would be going.....but that is also where the 7cm went missing.

First half was easy, second door will be difficult just to get it to fit evenly and not look stooopid with large gap down left side, nor in the middle where they meet.

Lets see......glues drying on the door for last 48hrs....ready to lock n loll tomorrow.

go gettem showags....that must be some glue you are using....72 hrs to dry. Have you made sure you put the hardner in it?cheesy.gif

Bloody hell.....thats one expensive shed you have built.

post-77463-0-23016100-1397164500_thumb.j

Here's one of my four "sheds". The pile of wood in front will be charcoal in a few days. I noticed that the tractor that was supposed to be in the shed was missing and found it at a friends house one village away. He "forgat" to tell me that he "borrowed" it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you built that where I live, squatters would move in at night. The workshop that I bulit next to my house has now become my FIL's home, complete with a welding machine. When we don't have pigs in the pig pens people have asked my wife if they could "move in", a few pieces of used tin roofing and you would have an instant Thai house.

Websters definition of a shed is: "a slight structure built for shelter or storage; especially : a single-storied building with one or more sides unenclosed ", like the one I posted in post #53. An open ended strcture to keep my tractor in which has taken a sabatical!

The 7 cm gap will be an excellant entrance/exit for the bats and birds that will make their home inside, I'd enclose it ., but iut looks great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 7sm gap was 7cm....you can see the little bit above the door on the right to the cut out of the posts again on right side....that is 7cm, door was supposed to go to there and then the large section above that is being boarded over.

Anyway....all done now.....looks a treat, shall take piccy one day soonish.