Senate panel to probe DSI chief Tarit's homestay in Khao Yai

webfact

Senate panel to probe DSI chief’s homestay in Khao Yai

1-29-2014-1-06-12-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Senate committee on corruption and good governance will on Tuesday make an inspection trip to Khao Yai national park to investigate if a homestay belonging to Department of Special Investigation chief was legally built or not.

Mr Prasarn Marukapitak, deputy chair of the Senate committee, said Monday that initial investigation showed that DSI chier Tarit Pengdit owns a land plot in Ban Morkrahat, Tambon Nong Nam Daeng of Pak Chong district, Nakhon Ratchasima on which he built a house and an eight-unit homestay worth altogether more than ten million baht.

The probe also showed that the house was legally built but the homestay was not, said Prasarn, adding that he would like to know where Mr Tarit got the funding to build the house and the homestay.

Prasarn insisted that the inspection trip was part of the Senate’s duty.

Tarit, meanwhile, insisted that his land plot was legally acquired and this could be verified. He also warned that the Senate committee must have a warrant from the court otherwise they would not be allowed into his property.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/senate-panel-probe-dsi-chiefs-homestay-khao-yai/i

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-18

• Like 1

I really hope they find evidence to nail this completely biased Pheu Thai attack dog. Sadly I don't think they will because there will be a myriad of cover ups and the trail will become so convoluted that no-one will be able to make head or tail of it.

However Tarit, please be so kind as to explain where all the money has been coming from? :rolleyes:

I hope they find evidence as well if it's there but I wouldn't have said 10 million was that much unless he has a lot more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I really hope they find evidence to nail this completely biased Pheu Thai attack dog. Sadly I don't think they will because there will be a myriad of cover ups and the trail will become so convoluted that no-one will be able to make head or tail of it.

However Tarit, please be so kind as to explain where all the money has been coming from? rolleyes.gif

I hope they find evidence as well if it's there but I wouldn't have said 10 million was that much unless he has a lot more.

Icebergs come to mind.

• Like 2

However Tarit, please be so kind as to explain where all the money has been coming from? rolleyes.gif

I guess you have an extra 10milion baht just laying around that's 300,000dollars for a official who makes what 60,000baht a month official salary, just guessing on salary. But I guess you couldn't help your self and had to throw a bit of support toward the old dog.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if they find much evidence of Thaksins largesse in Thailand, i am sure he insists that serious amounts (ie the likely amount due to Tarit) are paid offshore and subsequently held offshore by the recipient. He understands, better than most, about the need to hide the money trail.

Edited by wordchild

The OP reads the value is more than 10 million. In the Post article it was described as a luxury villa built on 4 rai with seven structures.

Khao Yai is one of the most popular weekend get a ways for the rich and famous. Average land prices in certain areas are 7 to 12 million a rai. Per sq meter condo prices rival many places in Bangkok as well.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-news-khao-yai-property-boom-heading-for-a-legal-wall-39353.php

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630886-developers-rushing-into-khao-yai-area/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Condo-in-Khao-Yai-for-holiday-homebuyers-30218905.html

need a warrant ? This man is in public office and should be open and transparent with his holdings and financials, unfortunately it's pretty easy to hide money in this part of the world but not so easy to explain when you start spending it

• Like 1

Oh you naughty, naughty, hypocritical boy, Tarit. Shame on you.

Not surprised though.

I think his picture is next to the Hypocrite definition in The version of Encyclopedia Britannica.

And the definition of Chameleon too,

There must be some evidence for a senate committee to investigate....not that anyone would be surprised if found legal or otherwise...unusual wealth can be concealed and these types of people are good at it.......

Kao Yai is becoming the spending place for the rich and famous of Thailand...more "resorts" and "spas" than you can shake a stick at!.......

Tarit just wants to get aboard and show his status....

Remain innocent before proved guilty but salary scale 90,000 Baht per month for 30 Mil for many years of saving needed unless herritage funds from family members

Is his salary as much as 90k? Maybe now at the peak of his career, but you really need to look at his salary history during the period he was "saving up" for this little treasure.

Countries that are relatively serious about corruption like Hong Kong can jail people just for having wealth that can't be explained as a result of legitimate income or inheritance etc. No need to prove corruption because it is self evident. Thailand would do well to follow suit and this repulsive little dung beetle would be a great place to start.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

We will not resign, we owe it to democracy and the people who elected us to stay in power is the PTP catchphrase. Futhermore how are we going to get the money to bribe the next election and pay into our overseas retirement fund, tell us that?

To all you blind red suckers supporting PTP day in and day out on TV, how does it feel trying to survive in LOS on the pittance you earn or have, compared to your majestic idols who are playing you like mugs to fatten their bank balances. They love it, everyday you are so paranoidly engrossed with Suthep they keep on keeping on. Now I have seen some losers in my time but you lot take the cake.

• Like 2

Most people with a grain of common sense who are in the limelight, do not make conspicuous purchases that could make the spotlight turn directly on them, they wait.

Patience and common sense are rare commodities here though, the feeling of being untouchable is in plentiful supply.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

Most people with a grain of common sense who are in the limelight, do not make conspicuous purchases that could make the spotlight turn directly on them, they wait.

Patience and common sense are rare commodities here though, the feeling of being untouchable is in plentiful supply.

aye from rags to riches - I think I'll start up an airline with all those weird deposits in my bank account

one of the most powerful agencies in the USA is the Internal Revenue - they'd have a ball in Thailand - what house ? that house - oh the gardener gave me that one because of my loyal service for employing him for 10 years, where is he now, well he passed away - he's buried under the tulip bed

• Like 1

IT isn't really all that hard to launder money if you are willing to give up a fair % of it in taxes and other expenses.

The car wash idea on breaking bad is a perfect example.

The problem with these guys is they don't want to give any of it up to make it appear legit.