Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

Great,

Anything to pxxs of the Argentinian forces. GREAT The best joke this year,other than the slope joke My wife now accepts her nick name

as i have to as well, being called Falang all day long. Not falang vely big ,all day long

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/clarkson-describes-argentina-terror-022311278.html

Clarkson describes Argentina terrorpa_165943.gifPress Association – 9 hours ago
  • news-showbiz-14063-74dbc4d3cac7a1369bcf2View Photo

Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has described a "terrifying experience" at …

Jeremy Clarkson has described the moment the Top Gear cast and crew were attacked by an angry crowd in Argentina as "the most terrifying thing I've ever been involved in".

The star and his crew on the BBC show had to abandon their cars at the roadside as they were pelted with stones.

Trouble erupted after it emerged the team were using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people suggested could refer to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

Mr Clarkson told The Sun the mob shouted "burn their cars" and tried to attack them with pickaxe handles.

He said: "I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan, but this was the most terrifying thing I've ever been involved in.

"There were hundreds of them. They were hurling rocks and bricks at our cars.

"This is not just some kind of jolly Top Gear jape - this was deadly serious."

The issue is the nature of racism, and the fact that it can only be used as a weapon by a dominant ethnic group against an oppressed group.

WRONG!Totally and utterly wrong!

Nowhere in the following pages does it say it can ONLY be used as you stated.'Only' being the operative word here. It can be, and is often used in that context, but never 'only', as you wrote.

This should clue you in as you're badly misinformed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/racism

http://i.word.com/idictionary/racism

Merely believing one's race is superior isn't the same as meaning it can only be used by the 'dominant' group.

Read the links and maybe you'll get it, but maybe not!

So long as you limit your enquiries about racism to dictionaries you will never see the full picture and get a proper understanding of the whole issue.

PS - have you noticed that it is always those who deny the most that are in reality the ones afflicted?

the fact that this never seems to have occurred to you before and you have had to google some sort of answer to fit your own prejudice is telling enough.

The googling was for your benefit, not mine.

They were just a tool to prove you wrong.

so a waste of time then?

The issue is the nature of racism, and the fact that it can only be used as a weapon by a dominant ethnic group against an oppressed group.

WRONG!Totally and utterly wrong!

Nowhere in the following pages does it say it can ONLY be used as you stated.'Only' being the operative word here. It can be, and is often used in that context, but never 'only', as you wrote.

This should clue you in as you're badly misinformed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/racism

http://i.word.com/idictionary/racism

Merely believing one's race is superior isn't the same as meaning it can only be used by the 'dominant' group.

Read the links and maybe you'll get it, but maybe not!

So long as you limit your enquiries about racism to dictionaries you will never see the full picture and get a proper understanding of the whole issue.

PS - have you noticed that it is always those who deny the most that are in reality the ones afflicted?

the fact that this never seems to have occurred to you before and you have had to google some sort of answer to fit your own prejudice is telling enough.

The googling was for your benefit, not mine.

They were just a tool to prove you wrong.

so a waste of time then?

Clarkson has no doing in this apart from driving the car.

The Top Gear producers chose the number plate.

So don't bother slagging off Clarkson and don't expect him to lose his job.

sorry but once the history of that numberplate is confirmed it is very unlikely that JC will remain "blameless".

Clarkson has no doing in this apart from driving the car.

The Top Gear producers chose the number plate.

So don't bother slagging off Clarkson and don't expect him to lose his job.

sorry but once the history of that numberplate is confirmed it is very unlikely that JC will remain "blameless".

Check the number yourself ... https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=vegxVJ-NJ43auQTFnYHQCg&url=https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla&cd=1&ved=0CCMQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEHYCL01PT6y_Pwad9TSIilrZ-OGw&sig2=c4LzpkvMhA0FJoPypLSRKw

It belongs to a grey Porsche. The grey Porsche that Clarkson drove!

"Trouble erupted after it emerged the team were using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people suggested could refer to the Falklands conflict of 1982."

cheesy.gif How stupid is that! Argentinian's must be paranoid!

jeremy had to hide under the bed to escape the argies and they made the xmas special an even better xmas special

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson--hid-under-bed--from-angry-mob-in-argentina-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-121241675.html

Jeremy Clarkson 'hid under bed' from angry mob in Argentina – Daily TV round-up Top Gear star says mob '100 percent wanted to kill us'.

jeremy had to hide under the bed to escape the argies and they made the xmas special an even better xmas special

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson--hid-under-bed--from-angry-mob-in-argentina-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-121241675.html

Jeremy Clarkson 'hid under bed' from angry mob in Argentina – Daily TV round-up Top Gear star says mob '100 percent wanted to kill us'.

Not only did he hide under the bed he ran away to Buenos Aires and left behind 29 members of his production crew to deal with the violence while he was tucked up in his safe little bed hundreds of miles away. What a brave little tiger he is - diddums bah.gif

I'm feeling very gay today!! Not in the sexual sense, but happy and carefree. Perhaps my 'Gayness' would quickly evaporate if someone asked me I was gay?? And no, I am not!

Perhaps it would quickly evaporate if someone asked you why you were talking such irrelevant ? We benders are eternally grateful that you're not gay. We couldn't stand the embarrassment if you were facepalm.gif

I am really looking forward to his next one (joke) but I must admit this one will be hard to beat. I bet he will not cry for Argentina

By the way,the one of the reasons for keeping them out of the Falklands is,,It has the best seatrout fishing on the planet Fly only :0

Im half Asian and don't find it bad at all, it all depends on how it is used.

It was clearly just a light racist joke which was harmless, it was not said in any bad way or form. A lot different if he said "get that stup@# f@#@ing slope off the bridge" lol <deleted> is everyone (or just the media) getting worked up about.

Who the hell is complaining? Probably juts the media trying to get a story out of nothing.

Im half Asian and don't find it bad at all, it all depends on how it is used.

It was clearly just a light racist joke which was harmless, it was not said in any bad way or form. A lot different if he said "get that stup@# f@#@ing slope off the bridge" lol <deleted> is everyone (or just the media) getting worked up about.

Who the hell is complaining? Probably juts the media trying to get a story out of nothing.

Im full Anglo Saxon,blond hair blue eye aryan race, not kraut but English I dont mind if some coon calls me honky, I am also married to a slope,who calls all honkys

falang and some of my best friends are four x two Jew, we do have a few chinkys that visit us most weekends, and also have a geat Dago friend in Italy.

We rent a house from a frog that is married to a slope, and look forward to our schmalz herring every year in Wentworth st east london

so please tell me what is wrong.

My old man ( father) was a ventriloquist. no joke.

He worked after ww2 for Billy Butlin for years

Part of his act was he told a joke, He said a black man and a chinese woman got married, they had a son and when he was born he was white.

My father the ventriloquist said,and what was his name, and the doll said &lt;deleted&gt; Went Wong. That was in the early 60s Things have changed

Part of his act was he told a joke, He said a black man and a chinese woman got married, they had a son and when he was born he was white.

My father the ventriloquist said,and what was his name, and the doll said <deleted> Went Wong. That was in the early 60s Things have changed

If I remember correctly, Monty Python was more recent than the 60s and a lot of their jokes were racist ( remember the one with the Germans? ). Still funny though. Some people need to lighten up- life's too short.

My father the ventriloquist said,and what was his name, and the doll said <deleted> Went Wong. That was in the early 60s Things have changed

If I remember correctly, Monty Python was more recent than the 60s and a lot of their jokes were racist ( remember the one with the Germans? ). Still funny though. Some people need to lighten up- life's too short.

First Python episodes were in there late 60s, by the mid seventies they were done on TV - over 40 year ago

however I don't think that you analysis for what is or isn't a racist joke is very reliable.

It's fairly obvious the JC is out of control, and the Beeb are in a quandary. Someone KNEW about the numberplate, and I guess is the JC knew was instrumental or tacitly agreed to the exercise.

Or it's equally obvious that the Argentinians have got their knickers in a twist over nothing. It's not as if it's a fake number plate. It's real and belongs to a grey Porsche. Are you suggesting that the BBC scoured the 2nd hand car sales to find that number plate?

It's fairly obvious the JC is out of control, and the Beeb are in a quandary. Someone KNEW about the numberplate, and I guess is the JC knew was instrumental or tacitly agreed to the exercise.

Or it's equally obvious that the Argentinians have got their knickers in a twist over nothing. It's not as if it's a fake number plate. It's real and belongs to a grey Porsche. Are you suggesting that the BBC scoured the 2nd hand car sales to find that number plate?

I'm suggesting the numberplate was included on purpose, whether or not it was bought for the car, with the car, or the car was noticed to have this plate is something that I'm sure will become clear later.

"According to the grey Porsche’s history, it changed its registration to H1 VAE for a three-year period before 2001 and then reverted back to H982 FKL. The fact that the Top Gear team was travelling with the old plate, by now assigned to another vehicle, will add to suspicion that the BBC team realised that the original registration was contentious. Veterans groups in Argentina have described the plate as “a mockery to us all”. Independent ....

the question you have to ask is why were they carrying two sets of registration plates?

Edited by wilcopops

I'm suggesting the numberplate was included on purpose, whether or not it was bought for the car, with the car, or the car was noticed to have this plate is something that I'm sure will become clear later.

"According to the grey Porsche’s history, it changed its registration to H1 VAE for a three-year period before 2001 and then reverted back to H982 FKL. The fact that the Top Gear team was travelling with the old plate, by now assigned to another vehicle, will add to suspicion that the BBC team realised that the original registration was contentious. Veterans groups in Argentina have described the plate as “a mockery to us all”. Independent ....

the question you have to ask is why were they carrying two sets of registration plates?

Porsche equals ...private plate.