Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

I agree,it should stay open, ( What a Crack ) Sorry if you dont like it, dont read it,easy. I never listen,or watch the BBC easy. Bxxxxxds.

Life is for living. ( including getting pissed,and taking the piss,and having the piss taken) By the way,are there any more Green Jobs out there? or conected

units?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody in their right mind ever suggested it was anything else. The issue in fact is whether or not racist remarks are acceptable. If you are racist you might think they are.

Have you ever made a joke about the Irish or any other race?

If this stupidity carries on, the human race is going to becomne so boring that it will die out for lack of enthusiasm about anything.

Now we even see the BBC ( what a bunch of PC plonkers ) banning the word "girl" in case it causes offence w00t.gif .

Winkel-picker-sandels, are part of the second verse, of the second edidtion, of the Eaton boating song .

My name is Cuthbert , I live in Eaton square,with Winkel-Picker -Sandels ,and lots of curly hair. Says it all Nicht war?

Where were you educated old chap? Hakney secondry modern????

No that must be you old chap.

What is a second edidtion?

What are sandels?

Tally ho you old jizz bucket.

Hakney.....secondry?

Is English your native language old chap or have you been drinking turpentine again?

Learn to smell your birds, before you type them.

Jolly good.

Earlier this month they broadcasted this episode here in NL, I was wondering how they would translate (subtitle) the scene but it had been cut out... Pathetic. Never heard of the term "slope" as a derogatory term, which doesn't make much sense at all to begin with. I knew the term "squint eye" (which is much the same like equivalent the Dutch derogatory term).

Don't quite understand the fuzz... It was a (for me and others) failed attempt at a joke.

I wonder if they would get intro trouble if they said they'd go on W(h)ale hunting? ...

hehe clarkson resigned to the beeb on a 12m deal.... so not that concerned it seems :)

btw any chance of getting this silly bit of news to 100 pages ? gotta have something to do with so little allowed to comment on here these days.

hehe clarkson resigned to the beeb on a 12m deal.... so not that concerned it seems smile.png

btw any chance of getting this silly bit of news to 100 pages ? gotta have something to do with so little allowed to comment on here these days.

Was confused by your post. Not sure if it's a British vs American thing. Resigned is the past tense of resign

re·sign
riˈzīn/
verb
past tense: resigned; past participle: resigned
  1. 1.
    voluntarily leave a job or other position.
    "he resigned from the government in protest at the policy"
    synonyms: leave, hand in one's notice, give notice, stand down, step down; More
    • give up (an office, power, privilege, etc.).
      "four deputies resigned their seats"
      synonyms: give up, leave, vacate, stand down from; More
    • CHESS
      end a game by conceding defeat without being checkmated.
      "he lost his queen and resigned in 45 moves"
  2. 2.
    accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided.
    "he seems resigned to a shortened career"
    synonyms: reconcile oneself to, become resigned to, come to terms with, acceptMore
    • archaic
      surrender oneself to another's guidance.
      "he vows to resign himself to her direction"
Renew would have been a better choice. Worried for a moment that the lads wouldn't have Jeremy Clarkson on one of my favourite programmes.

And yeah the current situation does make the act of making an Internet post a bit dodgy.

Jeremy Clarkson reportedly negotiating new £12m BBC deal

The Top Gear presenter is set to renew his contract with the broadcaster despite racism controversy

Just weeks after he was embroiled in an N-word racism row, Jeremy Clarkson is set to sign a three-year £12million deal with the BBC, according to reports.

The deal, which would kick in when Clarkson’s current contract runs out next April, would keep the controversial Top Gear presenter at the BBC until 2018.

A BBC source told the Sunday People: “There is no question of Jeremy’s deal not being renewed.

“It is being worked on right now. The top executives want him signed up as soon as possible.

“We are all very ¬excited that Top Gear as we know it will be with us for three more years from 2015.”

Clarkson was called a racist after he was accused of using the word “n****r” in an unaired episode of Top Gear.

In the unseen footage, which was released by The Mirror, Clarkson appears to mumble the word while reciting a derogatory nursery rhyme.

Following calls for him to be sacked, the presenter published a film in which he apologised for any offence he had caused.

Jeremy Clarkson, what is happening ?

The coup in Bangkok has taken attention away from your racism row. Well, on Thai Visa, you're no longer the main issue.

Jeremy, England will be playing in the Football World Cup soon. Have you noticed that three or four so-called black men will be running out on the pitch, playing for England ??

Are those men, are they n____ ??

• 1 month later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2708268/Jeremy-Clarksons-slope-bridge-comment-Burma-Top-Gear-special-WAS-racist-Ofcom-rules.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Jeremy Clarkson's 'slope on the bridge' comment during Burma Top Gear special WAS racist, Ofcom rules
  • Regulator decided the comment, which was aired in March was racist
  • Two viewers complained they found the use of the term 'slope' offensive
  • Ofcom say it was scripted and the BBC 'failed' to check if it could offend
  • It comes just months after Clarkson was caught in another racism row

By Gemma Mullin

Published: 11:00, 28 July 2014 | Updated: 18:50, 28 July 2014

I know freedom of speech is somewhat curtailed here on TVF so some of you are being restrained in your comments....and some comments have been banished.

But why comment at all? There is nothing of substance to debate. There is (if it is still standing) a slope on the bridge. rolleyes.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2708268/Jeremy-Clarksons-slope-bridge-comment-Burma-Top-Gear-special-WAS-racist-Ofcom-rules.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Jeremy Clarkson's 'slope on the bridge' comment during Burma Top Gear special WAS racist, Ofcom rules

By Gemma Mullin

What a joke! Ofcom can go jump off a bridge - with or without a slope on it.

By Gemma Mullin

I said that would happen and I got attacked for being PC.whistling.gif

I think wilcopops may have been one of the complainants, Jezza's ex wife probably the other.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/gatiss-enters-clarkson-controversy-115323323.html#ugccmt-container

Mark Gatiss has questioned whether it is time for Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC following his latest gaffe.

Ofcom ruled that Top Gear had breached broadcasting rules over a "racial" term used by 54-year-old controversial presenter, in which he alluded to an Asian man as a "slope".

Mark, writer and star of hit BBC show Sherlock tweeted: "So Clarkson was given one last chance, yes? So now he'll have to go, yes?"

He was referring to an incident three months ago when the Top Gear star was caught up in another racism row which prompted him to apologise and he was given a final warning about his behaviour by the BBC.

In that incident, previously unaired footage from the programme came to light in which Jeremy appeared to use the n-word.

The Ofcom ruling involved a scene in which the presenters were involved in the construction of a makeshift bridge over the River Kwai and viewers saw an Asian man walking on the bamboo crossing, while the presenter declared: "That is a proud moment - but there is a slope on it."

Ofcom said: "Jeremy Clarkson deliberately employed the offensive word to refer to the Asian person crossing the bridge as well as the camber of the bridge."

The regular pointed out that the sequence had been scripted in advance and the production team would have known of the intended use of the offensive word.

Danny Cohen (left), previously controller of BBC One, described the Top Gear internal investigation as a 'health check'

The BBC's head of television, Danny Cohen, has said he does not believe Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson is racist.

In a letter to the Guardian, Cohen wrote: "It's no secret that there have been some significant issues on Top Gear in recent months.

"Whilst Jeremy and I disagree on the language some have recently found very offensive, I do not think he or anyone on the Top Gear team are racist."

Clarkson was given a final warning about his behaviour on the show in May.

It followed claims he used a racist word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC Two programme. Clarkson subsequently apologised.

Last week, Ofcom ruled Clarkson broke broadcasting rules during a Top Gear special in Burma, also known as Myanmar, when he used "an offensive racial term... which was not justified by context".

'Unique take'

Cohen recently implemented an internal review of the show, which he described in his letter as a "health check".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28685935

Actress speaks of her pride in taking on Jeremy Clarkson in race row over Top Gear 'slope on a bridge' comments

• Somi Guha, 36, made formal complaint to BBC over Clarkson's racist jibe
  • Presenter used word 'slope' - a derogatory term for those of Asian descent
  • Indian-born actress was offended by word used in Top Gear Burma special
  • Said she was trolled by Clarkson fans for taking a stand but has no regrets
  • Ofcom ruled last week that BBC had used an 'offensive racial term'

By Steph Cockroft

Published: 17:35, 3 August 2014 | Updated: 08:23, 4 August 2014

The actress who took a stand against Jeremy Clarkson after he made a racist joke during an episode of Top Gear said she is proud of her actions.

Indian-born Somi Guha revealed how she was inundated with nasty comments from Top Gear fans after publicly criticising Clarkson's use of the word 'slope' - a derogatory word for those of Asian descent - in a Burma special.

But today Ms Guha, from Tower Hamlets, east London, said she is glad she took a stand - and would happily do it again.

She told the Sunday Mirror: 'I'm glad I did what I did - and if I hear Jeremy Clarkson make any more racist comments on TV I won't hesitate to do the same thing.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714815/Actress-speaks-pride-taking-Jeremy-Clarkson-race-row-Top-Gear-slope-bridge-comments.html

Jeremy Clarkson is not racist, according to BBC head of television Danny Cohen.

In a letter to the Guardian addressing recent controversies surrounding the Top Gear presenter, Mr Cohen wrote: “Whilst Jeremy and I disagree on the language some have recently found very offensive, I do not think he or anyone on the Top Gear team are racist.”

With that in mind, here is a complete list of the non-racist controversies Clarkson has been caught up with.

The N-word

In May 2014, the Mirror claimed Clarkson had mumbled “catch a n##### by his toe” when reciting the nursery rhyme “eeny, meeny, miny, mo” in unaired Top Gear footage. Clarkson denied doing so, saying he had tried his hardest not to make the remark use the word and hadn’t done so but his efforts “obviously weren’t good enough”.

Didier Drogba

Clarkson was accused of racism in April 2014 after calling his (black) dog Didier Dogba. He responded: “Why is it racist to name our amazingly brilliant dog after a footballer?”

Source: the Guardian.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/here-are-all-the-nonracist-things-jeremy-clarkson-has-said--l14ffimcfe

Actress speaks of her pride in taking on Jeremy Clarkson in race row over Top Gear 'slope on a bridge' comments

• Somi Guha, 36, made formal complaint to BBC over Clarkson's racist jibe
  • Presenter used word 'slope' - a derogatory term for those of Asian descent
  • Indian-born actress was offended by word used in Top Gear Burma special
  • Said she was trolled by Clarkson fans for taking a stand but has no regrets
  • Ofcom ruled last week that BBC had used an 'offensive racial term'
By Steph Cockroft

Published: 17:35, 3 August 2014 | Updated: 08:23, 4 August 2014

The actress who took a stand against Jeremy Clarkson after he made a racist joke during an episode of Top Gear said she is proud of her actions.

Indian-born Somi Guha revealed how she was inundated with nasty comments from Top Gear fans after publicly criticising Clarkson's use of the word 'slope' - a derogatory word for those of Asian descent - in a Burma special.

But today Ms Guha, from Tower Hamlets, east London, said she is glad she took a stand - and would happily do it again.

She told the Sunday Mirror: 'I'm glad I did what I did - and if I hear Jeremy Clarkson make any more racist comments on TV I won't hesitate to do the same thing.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714815/Actress-speaks-pride-taking-Jeremy-Clarkson-race-row-Top-Gear-slope-bridge-comments.html

When Indians give up the vile caste system they will have more right to be offended by perceived racism. Till then, they should shut it.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/gatiss-enters-clarkson-controversy-115323323.html#ugccmt-container

Mark Gatiss has questioned whether it is time for Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC following his latest gaffe.

Ofcom ruled that Top Gear had breached broadcasting rules over a "racial" term used by 54-year-old controversial presenter, in which he alluded to an Asian man as a "slope".

Mark, writer and star of hit BBC show Sherlock tweeted: "So Clarkson was given one last chance, yes? So now he'll have to go, yes?"

He was referring to an incident three months ago when the Top Gear star was caught up in another racism row which prompted him to apologise and he was given a final warning about his behaviour by the BBC.

In that incident, previously unaired footage from the programme came to light in which Jeremy appeared to use the n-word.

The Ofcom ruling involved a scene in which the presenters were involved in the construction of a makeshift bridge over the River Kwai and viewers saw an Asian man walking on the bamboo crossing, while the presenter declared: "That is a proud moment - but there is a slope on it."

Ofcom said: "Jeremy Clarkson deliberately employed the offensive word to refer to the Asian person crossing the bridge as well as the camber of the bridge."

The regular pointed out that the sequence had been scripted in advance and the production team would have known of the intended use of the offensive word.

<The regular pointed out that the sequence had been scripted in advance >

So they claim the Asian person had been instructed to walk across the bridge at the same time as the sequence was being filmed? If not, and they didn't say so, it's all just BS.

I just watched the bit on U tube ( isn't it great? ) and you can't tell if the person is even Asian. Could be one of the film crew. It's definitely BS.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Nothing ridiculous about it. You're the one who introduced oppression and victimization into this argument.

I just gave examples to show the stupidity and ignorance of that.

Racial ethnic slurs happen against ALL races and all ethnicities, whether they've been oppressed or not, though many races/ethnicities have been oppressed at one time or another.

Your ridiculous assumption that racial slurs only occur against certain groups like blacks or Asians was proven wrong yet you're so blinded by liberalism that you seem to think only whites are racist. Again, another fallacy.

There're slurs or epithets for everyone. Whites use them against blacks and vice-versa. Asians use them against whites and vice-versa. It's not the domain of one group to use or be responsible for this type of language. Nothing '18th century' about that. But I probably think you have your centuries confused if you're trying to point out what I think you are.

You'd be better off finding real racism with the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or Eric Holder than someone like Jeremy Clarkson.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Now you are showing your abysmal ignorance. The issue is not what constitutes an ethnic slur. The issue is the nature

of racism, and the fact that it can only be used as a weapon by a dominant ethnic group against an oppressed group.

Since you are incapable of understanding this simple reality, it is futile to discuss the issue with you.

You may now continue your clueless sojourn in the fog of ignorance. Over and out.

So as a white person, I can go anywhere in the world have no fear that I will be abused in any way because I am white? White people are never targets for discrimination?

White people can be the target for all sorts of things, but they can never experience what it means to be an

oppressed underclass lorded over by an inhumane dominant class with a false sense of superiority.

Nothing ridiculous about it. You're the one who introduced oppression and victimization into this argument.

Racial ethnic slurs happen against ALL races and all ethnicities, whether they've been oppressed or not, though many races/ethnicities have been oppressed at one time or another.

Your ridiculous assumption that racial slurs only occur against certain groups like blacks or Asians was proven wrong yet you're so blinded by liberalism that you seem to think only whites are racist. Again, another fallacy.

There're slurs or epithets for everyone. Whites use them against blacks and vice-versa. Asians use them against whites and vice-versa. It's not the domain of one group to use or be responsible for this type of language. Nothing '18th century' about that. But I probably think you have your centuries confused if you're trying to point out what I think you are.

You'd be better off finding real racism with the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or Eric Holder than someone like Jeremy Clarkson.

Now you are showing your abysmal ignorance. The issue is not what constitutes an ethnic slur. The issue is the nature

of racism, and the fact that it can only be used as a weapon by a dominant ethnic group against an oppressed group.

Since you are incapable of understanding this simple reality, it is futile to discuss the issue with you.

You may now continue your clueless sojourn in the fog of ignorance. Over and out.

So as a white person, I can go anywhere in the world have no fear that I will be abused in any way because I am white? White people are never targets for discrimination?

White people can be the target for all sorts of things, but they can never experience what it means to be an

oppressed underclass lorded over by an inhumane dominant class with a false sense of superiority.

Complete and utter &lt;deleted&gt;! White farmers in Zimbabwe? Well, there're not many of them left as a lot of them have been murdered.

Do you live in Thailand or is it just you are right because you are superior or from some other under class?

Do you live in Thailand or is it just you are right because you are superior or from some other under class?

Yes, no and no.