Bangkok Police seek cab drivers helping drunks evade arrest

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

@Seajae post 56

the Sandman, shagger Van. many women met their man in a Sandman.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png width=20 alt=biggrin.png>

How does this connect to this thread?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

People, please it is not an offence to drive a drunk person from one location to another. The taxi drivers are not breaking any law. If the guy is totally pissed then they are irresponsible if they give the keys back to him/her and that is it. They could take the 300 baht walk back down to the BIB give them the keys say he is to pissed to drive. He hasn't been found driving so the worst case is he gets locked up for drunk in a public place. The taxi driver makes his money and nobody dies.

You make so many unrealistic scenarios (excuses). Given the jist of many of your previous posts you surprise.

@Seajae post 56

the Sandman, shagger Van. many women met their man in a Sandman.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png width=20 alt=biggrin.png>

How does this connect to this thread?

it doesn't but I was just smiling at seajae's post.

I'm sorry never smile again, still transgressing into the grumpy old man syndrome. biggrin.png

People, please it is not an offence to drive a drunk person from one location to another. The taxi drivers are not breaking any law. If the guy is totally pissed then they are irresponsible if they give the keys back to him/her and that is it. They could take the 300 baht walk back down to the BIB give them the keys say he is to pissed to drive. He hasn't been found driving so the worst case is he gets locked up for drunk in a public place. The taxi driver makes his money and nobody dies.

You make so many unrealistic scenarios (excuses). Given the jist of many of your previous posts you surprise.

I have worked in the Victoria Police (Melb Aust) traffic Alcohol Section and hold qualifications. Yep unrealistic and bullshit excuses. &lt;deleted&gt; you beat me hands down on this one, how can I match you here?

People, please it is not an offence to drive a drunk person from one location to another. The taxi drivers are not breaking any law.

they are helping someone to break the law ,by giving a drunk driver back his keys 300 metres after the checkpoint and walking back to their own taxi/car

if thats not intentonally breaking/circumventing the law i dont know what is ........whistling.gif

Why bother to pay the cab drivers when the drunk drivers could easily bribe the bib? Save the hassle.

its not 100% sure anymore theyle all accept a bribe and let you drive on drunk

i got breathalised on my bike after about 10 large bottles of chang and somehow the breathaliser

didnt pick it up

they asked me if id drank much and i said no,i just had a beer with my friend

fined 400 for making an illegal u-turn and allowed to go

they need better equipment if they want to actually stop this behaviour but it seems like theyre happier

to let it conttinue with tea money than actually stopping a crime

my thai friend was going from one party to another on new years eve in his jeep and he got fined 400 as well and

the cop wrote him a receipt to say hes already been fined in case he got stopped again in the next checkpoints so

he would not have to pay again .............and let him drive on :)

People, please it is not an offence to drive a drunk person from one location to another. The taxi drivers are not breaking any law.

they are helping someone to break the law ,by giving a drunk driver back his keys 300 metres after the checkpoint and walking back to their own taxi/car

if thats not intentonally breaking/circumventing the law i dont know what is ........whistling.gif

That is just plain silly, if they kept his keys they would be breaking the law. The cab driver is in no way encouraging the person to drive. He was hired to do a task and he did it he is not responsible for what the individual does later. Why not charge the bar/club owner who provided a service and sold him a beer and the bar girl who sat on his lap and encourage him to buy more beer. Weren't they helping him to get drunk and break the law?

• Like 1

Have to say , i am with Chooka on this, Taxi drivers are paid to drive, his car or yours, 10 yards or 10 miles, not their job to do the work for the police who are only in it for the Cash anyway.......................coffee1.gif