Alcohol this Saturday

smokie36

As I understand it, bars will slowly flicker back to normal life around 5/6 this evening once they get the nod from the local plod, with much the same next weekend. Some places served, albeit surreptitiously but not with the aplomb of bygone days as the coppers have been hitting offenders hard.

Thank God I've not arrived on my 2 weeks annual holiday for these 2 weeks...

It looked like the opposite to me- on Saturday night many places were serving, albeit with plastic cups instead of bottles and glasses. Quite a few places just paid off the police before hand. Pubs were open, clubs were open- with the exception of a few areas closed, it was business as usual. I guess everyone wins- pubs make their money, police get their donations, and drinkers continue to cheerfully damage their livers.

It looked like the opposite to me- on Saturday night many places were serving, albeit with plastic cups instead of bottles and glasses. Quite a few places just paid off the police before hand. Pubs were open, clubs were open- with the exception of a few areas closed, it was business as usual. I guess everyone wins- pubs make their money, police get their donations, and drinkers continue to cheerfully damage their livers.

Great 'on the spot' reporting!