Are thai people the most illogical people you have ever met?

advancebooking

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a group, forum posters from all over the world are the most illogical people I have even encountered.

Logical in what way? Based on what factors or variables or in the social norm sense, what values? Or more so what calculations of what is perceived or what can happen or has already happened does elude the possibility with one person or conversation to another?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As a group, forum posters from all over the world are the most illogical people I have even encountered.

Logical in what way? Based on what factors or variables or in the social norm sense, what values? Or more so what calculations of what is perceived or what can happen or has already happened does elude the possibility with one person or conversation to another?

it is more, in my opinion, trying to figure out why Thai's don't jump thru hoops for foreigners

it is more, in my opinion, trying to figure out why Thai's don't jump thru hoops for foreigners

You should know by now.

You should know by now.
5% battery

Actually in no way saying opposite, but a question that will linger on all populations in respect to all humanities for...until only one race exists.

As the atached phots are taken directly from the bottom of this page, would it be logical to assume that Thai Visa promotes the very things the moderators dislike hearing written about, on the very same pages these girls are being advertised ie., sold to westerners?

post-192707-0-47820900-1396560649_thumb.

post-192707-0-87759000-1396560650_thumb.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As the atached phots are taken directly from the bottom of this page, would it be logical to assume that Thai Visa promotes the very things the moderators dislike hearing written about, on the very same pages these girls are being advertised ie., sold to westerners?

Yes...quite an ironic group of people....but money always sells at the end of the day.....some just sell out quite cheaply and then try to deny it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes...quite an ironic group of people....but money always sells at the end of the day.....some just sell out quite cheaply and then try to deny it.

+

I suppose that makes Thai Visa AD salespeople, pimps?

+

I suppose that makes Thai Visa AD salespeople, pimps?

Not really.

They just be lacky's, others give the orders.

And not really pimps anyway...whats that word for people that say one thing and do the other....you know the kind of people that you cannot rely upon, ones you would not trust or call friends etc.

I went to the thai tailor directly. I gave him a shirt and some fabric I got then told him to make an exact copy of the shirt I brought.

I am back next day the shirt is not the same. I explain it to him. OK come back tomorrow. When I am back the shirt is not the same. I explain it to him again but the next day when I am back the shirt is not the same. So I explain it to him again then add: I don't mind how long it is going to take but you are going to make it right. Today I am going to see how he is making progress mentally.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

Oh geesh where do I start:

IN ESPLANADE shopping in the ADIDAS store; I wanted to try on a pair of sneakers (4800b) and had my mind pretty much made up that I was going to buy. I was wearing sandals so I didn't have socks on and requested a new/clean sock before I put my feet into the wall display sneaker that hundreds of others have put their feet in. Nothing special, you know those nylon things they give you at airport security, I just wanted SOMETHING rather than my bare foot. They sell socks and suggested I buy a pack of socks. Shook my head and left.

* I seriously don't get these people not having the logic to make a common-sense, executive decision or just THINK that a sock, a mere 10-20b was a deciding factor of a 4800b SALE

IN ESPLANADE - SUBWAY restaurant has a different sub special everyday (6"sub+drink).for 99b. I devoured the sub and decided to get another 6"sub BUT I didn't need the drink. So my logic was thinking maybe I can save 10-20b off the special instead of paying for ANOTHER drink. Wouldn't do it but she suggested if I just wanted the sub and not the drink that comes with the 99b special that I just pay the regular sub price of 129b. So pay MORE and get less. I got ANOTHER special, made it a point to fill up the other cup.

* HERES THE KICKER - She said she couldn't ring up the items seperatly or whatever YET on the receipt the sub and the drink are broken down.

In an earlier posting someone stated it correctly...some things here in Thailand that are/could be very complicated in our home country can be done in minutes here and then some of the easiest logical no-brain things are IMPOSSIBLE. 6 of one & 1/2 dozen another I guess.

Where else can you do those things? Especially the socks.

I don't understand the cluelessness of some of the expats here. They do not give you new socks whenever you try a shoe in london either, and I am willong to bet that its the case everywhere around the world.

Do people even read these posts.. NO I didn't want FREE NEW socks.. I simply wanted something to put on my foot before I put on their display model shoe and get gangrene

I got as far as

"- I went to buy a new push bike and the bike I wanted to purchase did not have any peddles attached. I asked him if he could screw them on so that I could take it for a test ride before buying. He said no, only after paying for the bike. I opened my wallet and showed him 10,000 baht cash and walked to the store next door and purchased a bike from a more logical businessman."

Where is the logic in having pedals on a bike you are going to push. Why didn't you ask for a Motor also.

I would say "yes and no".

Thais are not illogical or unreasonable.

It is just that their logic and reasons are so different from mine. tongue.png

Maybe like sharks from JAWS (1975) but forget the swimming part:

Hooper: Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks, and that's all.

Advancebooking; your life must be very problematic and stressful in Thailand.

I wonder how you manage to cope with it all, day by day? Have you tried yoga or perhaps in your case even take up smoking or drink to help you relax and chill out a bit?

Maybe "soapie" would help him ?

He`ll probably even moan about that, that it`s the wrong brand of soap, the water was too hot, the girl was too cold, the girl spoke 32 different languages fluently with no accents, but English wasn`t part of her vocabulary.

Get a grip. A light hearted post by the OP, and still people like you lot cant wait to jump down his throat. How dare he say anything about the daily head scratching logic and utter confusion that is a regular occurrence in Thailand ? Go buy yourselves another amulet, Wai your 7/11 counter staff when you're buying your bog roll, and keep kidding yourseltf that you're really wanted here, and doing Thailand a great fxcking favour. Muppet.

• Like 1

Advancebooking; your life must be very problematic and stressful in Thailand.

I wonder how you manage to cope with it all, day by day? Have you tried yoga or perhaps in your case even take up smoking or drink to help you relax and chill out a bit?

Maybe "soapie" would help him ?

He`ll probably even moan about that, that it`s the wrong brand of soap, the water was too hot, the girl was too cold, the girl spoke 32 different languages fluently with no accents, but English wasn`t part of her vocabulary.

Get a grip. A light hearted post by the OP, and still people like you lot cant wait to jump down his throat. How dare he say anything about the daily head scratching logic and utter confusion that is a regular occurrence in Thailand ? Go buy yourselves another amulet, Wai your 7/11 counter staff when you're buying your bog roll, and keep kidding yourseltf that you're really wanted here, and doing Thailand a great fxcking favour. Muppet.

Like, who still uses toilet paper?cheesy.gif