Are thai people the most illogical people you have ever met?

advancebooking

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, logic just does not conform to your own.

By the way, the statement by the AF is not as illogical as it sounds.

Some of this can be easily dismissed as, they do not understand us, and don't always acknowledge that

I find they are willing to work with us

NO, not at all.

Of course if you like to think in stereotyps you can say it.

But the world is full with morons and the mentioned stories would been happened every-where.

For example: you try to bargain in Europe (every-where) with a bus driver for opening doors in no station. Impossible. Especially in USA when you may sue them about violated door opening later.

But in TH I have seen many times they open for you, even in middle lane too.

About your bicycle story: if you crash the cycle who pays for it to the vendor. Or if you don't crash but just would said: no thanks, the next consumer may say it's not a new bike some-one used before, can see on tires.

About your VD camping you are 100% right but last month in Berlin I have sat in an always empty movie room, came to old ladies and sat next to me.

I didn't understood but they had right to seat there where they wanted.

But there is nothing quite as good as the thai moron...

the most illogical people i have met in 7½ years reading and posting in Thaivisa whistling.gif

So true. Yet, these idiots feel qualified to criticize the Thais. No wonder Thailand expats have such a crappy reputation.

It's my theory that expats everywhere tend to hold their hosts in contempt.

• Like 1

the most illogical people i have met in 7½ years reading and posting in Thaivisa whistling.gif

So true. Yet, these idiots feel qualified to criticize the Thais. No wonder Thailand expats have such a crappy reputation.

Let me amend that a tad:

It's more an hypothesis, as it's basically an untested idea, and the content might better be expressed as:

that migrant and expat communities tend to hold there hosts in contempt.

I use "communities" to imply a social dimension and dynamic in the evolution and propagation of such feelings.

Let me amend that a tad:

It's more an hypothesis, as it's basically an untested idea, and the content might better be expressed as:

I use "communities" to imply a social dimension and dynamic in the evolution and propagation of such feelings.

If that were the case why do so many people want to be Thai citizens? Like Bill Heineke? Or why do so many people want to be citizens of the UK and US and Australia? Your hypothesis is nonsense.

Different strokes for different folks. Many single consider Thailand a good place to retire. Few Thai single men consider America a good place to retire. Many teachers from the Philippines want to live in Thailand. No Thai teachers want to live in the Philippines.

Edited by thailiketoo

If that were the case why do so many people want to be Thai citizens? Like Bill Heineke? Or why do so many people want to be citizens of the UK and US and Australia? Your hypothesis is nonsense.

'Cos as Thai citizens we don't need to play VISA games and can buy houses.

Nobody in their right mind would want to ONLY be a Thai citizen.

Not even Thais.

• Like 1

'Cos as Thai citizens we don't need to play VISA games and can buy houses.

Nobody in their right mind would want to ONLY be a Thai citizen.

Not even Thais.

First post. Let me amend that a tad:

I responded, "If that were the case why do so many people want to be Thai citizens? Like Bill Heineke? Or why do so many people want to be citizens of the UK and US and Australia? Your hypothesis is nonsense."

Get it now?

First poster said "expat communities tend to hold there hosts in contempt."

I said, "If that were the case why do so many people want to be Thai citizens? Like Bill Heineke? Or why do so many people want to be citizens of the UK and US and Australia? Your hypothesis is nonsense."

My friend was pick pocketed near Landmark hotel a few years ago and lost his ATM card. He went to the bank to get a replacement. They told him he needed to go file a police report first then come back. He said "forget it, close my account". They said ok, did it and gave him his money back. He then said "I want to open an account and get an ATM card", they said, "sure, no problem" and did it for him! True!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Apparently one other country is vying for the title.

Let me amend that a tad:

Different strokes for different folks. Many single consider Thailand a good place to retire. Few Thai single men consider America a good place to retire. Many teachers from the Philippines want to live in Thailand. No Thai teachers want to live in the Philippines.

So many? He was a Thai citizen automatically, he was born here under different rules. He gave up his USA citizen to save money.

Many want a USA , UK or other passport because it affords a lot of benefits.

I may want those benefits, and would be interested to know, who has changed their citizenship, and if US citizens can become dual citizens here, and if that even makes any sense?

I had a situation that occured identically in the UK and Thailand, both in Tescos. I bought a fridge in Thailand and a washing machine in the UK. Both times I forgot to get the points on my Tesco card. In the UK I went back and they looked at my receipt and went into the computer and added my points. In Thailand they refused and sent me to customer information, they also refused. So I said that I didn't want the fridge. No problem, 10 minutes of paperwork and I had my money back. I then said I did want the fridge, another 10 minutes paperwork and I had the fridge and my points.

My gf (at the time) thought, correctly, that i had made a lot of fuss and wasted alot of time to get the points. I explained I was making a point. She said,"Why? They haven't learnt anything". And she was absolutely correct. I had just been a bit of a <deleted> and wasted 40 minutes of my life for points that i would never redeem. But you know what? I loved it!!!!! Flame away

I don't think the USA allows u to take up another citizenship.

no problem at all, but getting more expensive to renounce your US citizenship for tax reasons

Just how easy, or hard is it, to become a Thai citizen?

Not hard per se if you live and work here, do everything legit, learn the language, but can take an unpredictably long time, erratic implementation when things are as unstable as they've been.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How low can you make your iq go ?

it would be hard to go lower than you, for sure.

Speaking about illogical,

Who was so smart to invent a LAPtop (computer for use on your lap) and made the thing get bloody hot on the bottom where it touches the lap?

There are letters on it, wait.....DELL INSPIRON.....must be American logica i guess.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How low can you make your iq go ?

it would be hard to go lower than you, for sure.

Try it...you might like it.

Here is a great example, from a TV poster, who demonstrates for all, an illogical-less-ness,, on the part of a young female,

1) who he freely admits was perfect, in every way, until she slept with him, and wanted him to become a tangible provider,

2) then he freely admits, that he was just slime, wanting to get in her pants,

3) then when she expressed her desire for a tangible relationship

He made it clear that all the things he said to her were bullshit to get her naked, and once he did, he was done.

So I ask,

who is the illogical one here?

I say, the girl was logical and honest, and the guy, clearly, dishonest and ill intentioned

And other posters want to know why some thai girls turn ugly on themm

we have guys like this to thank

I truly despise dishonesty

This guy had to lie to get women, and wants us to be proud of him

Edited by Scarpolo

It is more about the education system than anything else. It was the same in most western countries too when only the wealthy had any real education and everyone else was taught to learn by rote and never ask why. Educated Thais here are just as astute as their equally educated western contemporaries. When trained from birth to follow the rules given, never deviate, never think out of the box and never ask questions, it is not hard to see the problems going forward. Someone has already referred to the "American rednecks" , and it is likewise. Someone also said the same was once said about the Chinese - that was when the only Chinese we heard of were poorer classes working in restaurants or low paid manual labour - now we see the educated bankers etc, we can think differently!

We used to say it of the poor in the west, of the blacks, of the Irish, etc - because the only interaction was with uneducated ones (not though their own volition, but because they were either disallowed education or simply could not afford it). This is why it is not racism, and should be stated - no one here (I believe) actually believes there is a biological reason for it (or for the very low national IQ results), but a failed education system - hiding it does not make for impetus to change. The world laughed at Japanese products in the 50-70s, by the 90s all the best stuff comes from Japan (from suits to TVs, cars to robots).

There's a man talking sense! I agree. We are mostly born equal.

Ah yes, the education. Can't get enough of the education. It's all about the education. Wait a minute, aren't you the guy who got fleeced by the Thai ex-wife? She managed to take you for all your assets? A well-traveled, well educated (according to you) man-of-the-world, taken to the cleaners by a peasant farm girl. So now you're here to get back at the Thais....or at least in your mind. An axe to grind. The classic profile of the Thai-bashing farang. Wise up little man, it's time to move on.

It is more about the education system than anything else. It was the same in most western countries too when only the wealthy had any real education and everyone else was taught to learn by rote and never ask why. Educated Thais here are just as astute as their equally educated western contemporaries. When trained from birth to follow the rules given, never deviate, never think out of the box and never ask questions, it is not hard to see the problems going forward. Someone has already referred to the "American rednecks" , and it is likewise. Someone also said the same was once said about the Chinese - that was when the only Chinese we heard of were poorer classes working in restaurants or low paid manual labour - now we see the educated bankers etc, we can think differently!

We used to say it of the poor in the west, of the blacks, of the Irish, etc - because the only interaction was with uneducated ones (not though their own volition, but because they were either disallowed education or simply could not afford it). This is why it is not racism, and should be stated - no one here (I believe) actually believes there is a biological reason for it (or for the very low national IQ results), but a failed education system - hiding it does not make for impetus to change. The world laughed at Japanese products in the 50-70s, by the 90s all the best stuff comes from Japan (from suits to TVs, cars to robots).

There's a man talking sense! I agree. We are mostly born equal.

Ah yes, the education. Can't get enough of the education. It's all about the education. Wait a minute, aren't you the guy who got fleeced by the Thai ex-wife? She managed to take you for all your assets? A well-traveled, well educated (according to you) man-of-the-world, taken to the cleaners by a peasant farm girl. So now you're here to get back at the Thais....or at least in your mind. An axe to grind. The classic profile of the Thai-bashing farang. Wise up little man, it's time to move on.

If being a victim of fraud somehow makes a person a Thai basher in your mind then I will leave you to your own illogical mess. If saying the education system here needs improvement is Thai bashing then you are a entitled to that opinion. There is plenty wrong with my home country but it doesn't make me an English basher to note it. Anyway no point trying to demonstrate reality for you are obviously too busy looking at the shadows you think are reality. I will leave you wearing your dark glasses and a perfect example of your moniker - a right Berk [sic] Edited by slipperx