What have you bought for your bike recently.

yankee99

I bought a 65mm oil filter removal tool today so I can give the big girl a oil filter change and some fresh oil.

The filter is up under the engine with no room for my trusty chain oil filter removal tool. I went and bought a strap and lever job....but it kept slipping!

As a side note, the auto parts guy I use thought I wanted a filter and came back with a oil filter. I already had a Honda oil filter but I asked the price.....80 baht. The Honda filter was 330 baht!

as far as i can remember the oil filter for the versys is cheaper than that

but was it the same quality filter the auto -parts guy got for 80thb ?

A friend who owns an Er6N said he paid 230 baht for an oil filter to suit. I think I got ripped off!

The 80 baht filter....probably OK. Back in Oz in the family garage we used Fram and Ryco filters for almost everything and I can't remember having a customer come back and complain.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a 65mm oil filter removal tool today so I can give the big girl a oil filter change and some fresh oil.

The filter is up under the engine with no room for my trusty chain oil filter removal tool. I went and bought a strap and lever job....but it kept slipping!

As a side note, the auto parts guy I use thought I wanted a filter and came back with a oil filter. I already had a Honda oil filter but I asked the price.....80 baht. The Honda filter was 330 baht!

as far as i can remember the oil filter for the versys is cheaper than that

but was it the same quality filter the auto -parts guy got for 80thb ?

A friend who owns an Er6N said he paid 230 baht for an oil filter to suit. I think I got ripped off!

The 80 baht filter....probably OK. Back in Oz in the family garage we used Fram and Ryco filters for almost everything and I can't remember having a customer come back and complain.

I think I went with a OEM Honda city filter about 100 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday I bought a GPS Tracker system to keep tabs on the bike's location...like if it gets stolen.

I'll install it in a hidden location.

Call it up and it text messages back the coordinates.

I guess it could be used for navigation too, albeit a bit awkwardly.

<$100.

• Like 2

Saturday I bought a GPS Tracker system to keep tabs on the bike's location...like if it gets stolen.

I'll install it in a hidden location.

Call it up and it text messages back the coordinates.

I guess it could be used for navigation too, albeit a bit awkwardly.

<$100.

Link please, as I'm curious to what type it is

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/category/gps+tracking.do

I haven't absorbed the owners manual yet, but its charger can be wired into vehicle or comes with 2 lithium cell phone batteries.

Listed applications:

-vehicle rental/fleet management

-powerful magnet & waterproof case

-protect: child/elderly/pet/packages

-personnel mgt/ covert tracking

-overspeed alert

post-174911-0-07301600-1396832667_thumb.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 2

superb!

got sliders, led signals and some cosmetics for cbr650f.

rearset is available at the end of this month from rsv racing so will buy it soon.

Just for clarification in case there are any wives or girlfriends reading this - bikes are not 'toys' - they are essential transport tools and every man has a devine right to own at least one. And the accessories are vital safety aids - even the ones that make it go faster.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife knows its a bike or mia Noi up To her :')

• Like 2

I haven't absorbed the owners manual yet, but its charger can be wired into vehicle or comes with 2 lithium cell phone batteries.

Listed applications:

-overspeed alert

attachicon.gifGPS Tracker.jpg

i am also looking for a gps tracker.

you can find cheaper ones on ebay but dont trust such products mostly.

at the moto show, seen units for cars that can be installed to bikes too around 3000 thb, installation is free. might get one installed soon. good investment imo.

• Like 1

Listed applications:

-overspeed alert

Do you need to pay monthly fees to keep their cell numbers active?

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

Listed applications:

-overspeed alert

i am also looking for a gps tracker.

you can find cheaper ones on ebay but dont trust such products mostly.

at the moto show, seen units for cars that can be installed to bikes too around 3000 thb, installation is free. might get one installed soon. good investment imo.

someone should send this link to Malaysia Airlines

• Like 2

"...monthly fees...?"

No.

It uses a common SIM card, (not included) with the phone number associated with it.

You have to pre-pay for the time (minimal I'd guess) that you will be receiving info from it.

Add credit, extend expiry, just as a regular cell phone.

It has an SOS button that rings up to 5 designated numbers when pressed.

Can be programmed to alert when it leaves a designated area or exceeds a designated speed.

Seems easy, cheap & pretty cool.

Bear in mind that I haven't actually used this thing yet.

• Like 1

Spoonman,

Example: The SIM in the cell phone I currently use now has 197 baht credit with expiry on 9 June 2015.

If I were to install this SIM into the GPS Tracker, it should need no additional credit additions (monthly fee/on going charges) before then, as I would use up very few minutes...just in testing the device or in case of theft...in Thailand.

Now if I go to Cambodia next week I will need to acquire a local SIM there to utilize the device, I guess.

Edited by papa al

Spoonman,

Example: The SIM in the cell phone I currently use now has 197 baht credit with expiry on 9 June 2015.

If I were to install this SIM into the GPS Tracker, it should need no additional credit additions (monthly fee/on going charges) before then, as I would use up very few minutes...just in testing the device or in case of theft...in Thailand.

Now if I go to Cambodia next week I will need to acquire a local SIM there to utilize the device, I guess.

That would be great but my understanding is if you need to track you need to use your data plan otherwise it can not send your signal to the internet. It also needs that data to assist with location if you are out of GPS site.

Your understanding is different than mine.

No data data/internet plan is necessary for basic location function, only cellular service.

You call the number, unit texts back lat/long.

'GPS site.' ? What is that? GPS signals are satellite based and globally accessible.

Under a building parking would deny satellite reception, sure.

GPS = Global Positioning System.

Listed applications:

-overspeed alert

Which model did you get from brick house? Are you in Thailand or the USA?.

Most of those gps trackers will work without any costs as long as number active. But out here you need regular topups to keep the sim active.

In that mode you call or text your bikes number in the defined way and it sms you the current location. So yes corre t no data needed whoever said that.

But.... thats the bad and pointless way of running it.

Most will also support sending location to some server or service on a scheduled basis. This requires data which requires spending money. But the data is very low so a few MB for a 100baht or whatever your provider offers will probably fall close to the minimum topup you need to buy to keep active. Already paying...might as well use it!

Huge advantage is regular updates. Track your last trip or more significantly, identify which motorbike shop the bike was sitting in before the tracker was found and removed... sms only mode would give you nothing! But on the plus side sms mode would give someone a simcard with loads of unspent credit along with your bike!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

yankee99: The model is GSM/GPRS/GPS TRACKER; purchased from private party in Pattaya, who has a few more available. PM me.

innerspace: What you describe is essentially accurate for most of these devices.

However, my needs are simple, as is my inexpensive SMS based device.

If I wake up and find my vehicle missing, I can make a call and find its location...

provided it is in line of sight of the satellites and the secret location of the small device has not been discovered by the thief.

In that case I will be out a vehicle, a $110 tracker, and, yes, a SIM worth ~$5.

"...bad and pointless", true.

At least I have my health.