good bookmark-organizer program ?

siam2007

I used delicious for many many years until they were "swallowed" by something big and became useless...... since then, my bookmarks r somehow disorganized, having them on a file here on my harddrive, but not using any bookmark-organizer at this moment.

any recommendations for a SIMPLE easy-to-use freeware-program ? maybe with a APP for mobile devices available as well ?

thanks for any input.....

I have been organising my own bookmarks for years

Creating a tree of folders and subfolders

I know it needs some pruning

and is not a task I would like to start from scratch with unsorted bookmarks

But where does this tree live? If it's on your local hard drive, you're at risk of losing it all with a simple hardware failure or infection.

As mentioned above, cloud services sync all your bookmarks across multiple devices. The only catch us that you have to authenticate (i.e. sign in) to your profile. Google is essentially giving you a roaming user profile.

But where does this tree live? If it's on your local hard drive, you're at risk of losing it all with a simple hardware failure or infection.

As mentioned above, cloud services sync all your bookmarks across multiple devices. The only catch us that you have to authenticate (i.e. sign in) to your profile. Google is essentially giving you a roaming user profile.

And the other small catch is that it is 'public' knowledge. Use an SSD for backup.

It is simply the FF bookmarks folder, sub-divided, on the local drive

The whole FF settings are backed up with Mozbackup

and copied to an external back up drive weekly

You asked for a bookmark organiser, not a sync programme!!

Edited by astral
Added link for Mozbackup

They should be one and the same. Any good bookmark manager should be fault tolerant. I've never heard of "Mozbacup" but it sounds like the same thing as Google's roaming user profile. So that should be a safe way to manage bookmarks.

Edited by attrayant