Thinking of moving back to Thailand for good? Could use some opinions.

Skeetjones

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't. We are full already.

Oh yea? You telling me I shouldn't go back to the country my mom is from and where my blood relatives stay. Where I have a legit reason to go, and live if I feel I should.

BUT. Let all the non Thai foreigners run around with there drunk heads cut off, with there hands down the pants of the nearest bar girl half there age, claiming Thailand as there own country?

Suuuuuuuuure ok buddie. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

ADVICE: (If you are a Good Person)

Do not waste another minute.

Come now.

You will not regret your decision. Most things you believe are concerns will melt away after your arrive with a little very hard work. Keep your future goals clearly in mind and do not get sidetracked at bars or brothels, or on the golf course, which is a waste of time.

Best Advice:

Try to do something which is meaningful while you are here, such as study of the Thai culture, because this is the best place for it, and it will pay back to you many times over the hours you spend.

Learn the language!

EAT LOCAL, A L W A Y S!

I never eat nothing but Thai food, simply because I think it is about the best in the world, and SPICY!

I love it here, I love the people here, I love the houses here, I love the climate here, I love everything but the Telecoms here, and those I dislike MakMak!

Good luck to you, and treat the locals as well as they will treat you, which is better than in most places in this unfair world.

Above advice is free.

The hard part is yours to do with this opportunity what you will to create a happy life for yourself in a foreign land.

Edited by CzarThustraThusSpake

Come now.

You will not regret your decision. Most things you believe are concerns will melt away after your arrive with a little very hard work. Keep your future goals clearly in mind and do not get sidetracked at bars or brothels, or on the golf course, which is a waste of time.

Best Advice:

Try to do something which is meaningful while you are here, such as study of the Thai culture, because this is the best place for it, and it will pay back to you many times over the hours you spend.

Learn the language!

EAT LOCAL, A L W A Y S!

I never eat nothing but Thai food, simply because I think it is about the best in the world, and SPICY!

I love it here, I love the people here, I love the houses here, I love the climate here, I love everything but the Telecoms here, and those I dislike MakMak!

Good luck to you, and treat the locals as well as they will treat you, which is better than in most places in this unfair world.

Above advice is free.

The hard part is yours to do with this opportunity what you will to create a happy life for yourself in a foreign land.

Lol this must be copy and paste.

I've been lived that Thai life. "Mak mak" lol

Come now.

Best Advice:

Learn the language!

EAT LOCAL, A L W A Y S!

Above advice is free.

Just for a reference, what part of the States do you live, and, where born?

why dislike the Telecoms?

I was paying 600 Baht for 600 minutes and couldnt even use them all?

Maybe you are right.

But I just dislike Telecoms on principle.

Actually, I do kinda like TRUE after using this company's service for a few weeks.

BUT, my experience with AIS was a major disaster, and I mentioned that I still do like the service people there, but the end result has been a very tiring prolonged nightmare.

I will use True, and hope it gets even better.

Come now.

Best Advice:

Learn the language!

EAT LOCAL, A L W A Y S!

Above advice is free.

What is copy and paste?

I lived in the North Eastern US, for many years, about 20. Then, I got outta Dodge.

I think I would have liked Maine, but never tried it.

My stomping grounds are the TriState Area, but spent significant time on Martha's Vineyard, New London, before spending a year or two in Naples.

Dey Gots Da Cookoo Nuts down dare! In Naples.

Edited by CzarThustraThusSpake

Come now.

Best Advice:

Learn the language!

EAT LOCAL, A L W A Y S!

Above advice is free.

What is copy and paste?

I lived in the North Eastern US, for many years, about 20. Then, I got outta Dodge.

I think I would have liked Maine, but never tried it.

My stomping grounds are the TriState Area, but spent significant time on Martha's Vineyard, New London, before spending a year or two in Naples.

Dey Gots Da Cookoo Nuts down dare! In Naples.

The hell are you rambling about? You must be drunk.

The hell are you rambling about? You must be drunk.

Just replying to the question of where I have lived before coming to Thailand.

Someone here asked, so I answered.

And, NO, I am not on the sauce.

I never touch the stuff.

(Lips that touch liquor will never touch mine)

K

I am aware of a Thai community in LA,

that is about all I know,

small one in south florida,

I did just get an awesome Se Wa De Ka, from a girl I know here who saw my Lao flag

tee shirt and told me both her parents were born there.....

I have known her 3 years, and never knew that!

Edited by Scarpolo

Anyways. Thailand I feel, free (poor, but free), memory's of fun times and stress free living with my family. So that is weighing in on me right now.

You do not sound that you live a wealthy life where you are now.You can't leave your problems at the airport. Maybe going to college in Thailand?

How comes that you couldn't even finish a college degree? Did you smoke it? And the ";relationship" to your mom as a thirty year old is also strange.

You're in a relationship, where you're scared to end it? You've got too many problems coming with you. and mom won't hod hands with you all day long.

Wish you best of luck to understand what life's all about.-wai2.gif

I did just get an awesome Se Wa De Ka, from a girl I know here who saw my Lao flag

Did you wear your Pattaya shirt, when she saw you?

Singha singlet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

no man,

it was the Lao flag shirt.

I also have the beer Lao shirt, and offered it to her, but, she declined, thankfully!

I have a good friend who was raised in the US (not US citizen), who returned home in his late 20's. Because his English is excellent (So Ca High School), he does quite well.

He chose a job (CPN) where his language skills work for him and his salary is more than most Native English Language teachers.

You need to think what important to you? Money? fame? just getting by? Then sort out your issues being abusive is not cool ,being abused isn't either. If you decide to return to Thailand what is your plan for work? Once you get sorted your answer will be clear then go with it. I myself love it here, politics aside it is nice. But that's me and I don't need money or have to work. So good luck remember Home is where you rest your head. Money isn't everything But being happy has alot going for it.

• Like 1

changeing locations is not going to help you, it will be the same wherever you go. you are the only one that can change you

good luck if you try

I was indeed a wild one (as my tv name suggests) and did things like travelling to the other side of the world on a one way ticket, then deliberately spent ALL my money and then took it from there. My advice is to go for it. Too many people will not leave their comfort zone and subsequently miss out on a whole different life.

Sounds like Thailand would be a good place for you and get into Buddhism, it'll take away all that anger. Good luck whatever you decide.

That's Me all day but only if You can handle it ? It seems like this boy hasn't got a clue about life ? Good craic about Buddhism or GOD but as said good luck..

Geordie Boy from Tyne & Wear UK fromally know as Mad Murphy

Are you still talking out of your ass Scarpolo?

I doubt you were wearing a laos flag and I doubt a laos girl said hello to you in THAI because of it.

You realize 'se wa dee ka' is not hello in laos?

Are you still talking out of your ass Scarpolo?

I doubt you were wearing a laos flag and I doubt a laos girl said hello to you in THAI because of it.

You realize 'se wa dee ka' is not hello in laos?

Bo!

Many people from Issan consider themselves Lao, even the younger generations. Yet they speak Issan Thai/Thai.

One of my daughters refers to herself as 'falang lao'. She's ten.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

if you really committed the crimes you confessed to in the OP, only the court should decide where you live

you should hand yourself in to the police and let the justice system protect the rest of society from your violence

if you do this in america you will probably receive some free help to fix / control your mental health issues

I'm by no means am living wild.

I've lived in Thailand for 3 years so I need no paragraphs about the 'rules' and life style.

I'm in a bad relationship and I admit that.

My mom is leaving and I will be alone in the state no moral or any type of support if / will the relationship goes sour. That worries me.

It's been on my mind, just asking for some opinions. I don't need to hear how someone will beat me to death or I'm headed for jail.

If you know you are in a bad relationship, as you say, and are asking what you should do about it then it is clear you have a normal life problem that most adults at age 30 know how to handle. You dont.

So you should get some help. If Mom or family hasn't been helpful in this capacity (some families can be and others cannot... it depends on a lot) then you should get it from a professional. Go get some therapy. And end the relationship.

Generally speaking... in today's world you cannot get a decent job and career without some kind of advanced degree - MBA, MA, or some kind of graduate school. That's general. People will disagree but based on what you have said it is probably a good idea for you.

Don't look to Thailand for good schools, unless you talk about Sasin, which is as expensive as a grad program in the USA and is only really good if you plan to work in Thailand, even though it is as good as many grad programs in the USA, in fact.

One part kind of shocked me: still living with Mom at age 30?

I can't relate. I left home at 18 when I went to college and have never been back for more than a visit. I love my Dad and my Mom a lot. Great people. But I never wanted to live under their roof after I was 15 or so.

Get help. Its not unusual to need help of this kind. I know many people who have needed some help at different points in their lives and it made their lives better.

OP - don't listen to all those that try to make you feel guilty or not normal having a relationship with your mother at 30 years old. These people wear their own head and heart and they try to make it fit for you. Keep close and loving to your mother and don't start listening to all those people that think that breaking away from their mother at a young age somehow makes them more of a man.

if you really committed the crimes you confessed to in the OP, only the court should decide where you live

you should hand yourself in to the police and let the justice system protect the rest of society from your violence

if you do this in america you will probably receive some free help to fix / control your mental health issues

Lol. Be quiet woman. Stay in the kitchen.

OP - don't listen to all those that try to make you feel guilty or not normal having a relationship with your mother at 30 years old. These people wear their own head and heart and they try to make it fit for you. Keep close and loving to your mother and don't start listening to all those people that think that breaking away from their mother at a young age somehow makes them more of a man.

I'm not sure what's weird about it? Being close to my mom is weird? She has been through 4 divorces. She's older and alone now. If I knew she had a man at home taking care of her then I would be more confident not being so worried all the time.

Must be an asian thing. All the asian people I know here in there mid-late 20's mostly live together with some older family member still, weather it's mom living in their place or uncles / aunts helping the younger generation out.

I haven't lived with my mom since 24. And only because I moved back from Thailand.

I'm not sure what weird about being close to my mom, when I know she's been planning to move back to Thailand, I'm trying to spend as much time with her as I can. She also lives alone in the not the best of apartments. She's always had my back, and I need to be there for her also. Her other son, rarely ever sees her maybe 7 times in the last 3 years. So I have to make sure she's ok.

I'm by no means am living wild.

I've lived in Thailand for 3 years so I need no paragraphs about the 'rules' and life style.

I'm in a bad relationship and I admit that.

My mom is leaving and I will be alone in the state no moral or any type of support if / will the relationship goes sour. That worries me.

It's been on my mind, just asking for some opinions. I don't need to hear how someone will beat me to death or I'm headed for jail.

If you know you are in a bad relationship, as you say, and are asking what you should do about it then it is clear you have a normal life problem that most adults at age 30 know how to handle. You dont.

So you should get some help. If Mom or family hasn't been helpful in this capacity (some families can be and others cannot... it depends on a lot) then you should get it from a professional. Go get some therapy. And end the relationship.

Generally speaking... in today's world you cannot get a decent job and career without some kind of advanced degree - MBA, MA, or some kind of graduate school. That's general. People will disagree but based on what you have said it is probably a good idea for you.

Don't look to Thailand for good schools, unless you talk about Sasin, which is as expensive as a grad program in the USA and is only really good if you plan to work in Thailand, even though it is as good as many grad programs in the USA, in fact.

One part kind of shocked me: still living with Mom at age 30?

I can't relate. I left home at 18 when I went to college and have never been back for more than a visit. I love my Dad and my Mom a lot. Great people. But I never wanted to live under their roof after I was 15 or so.

Get help. Its not unusual to need help of this kind. I know many people who have needed some help at different points in their lives and it made their lives better.

Some good points.

But I'm not living with my mom at 30.

I asked if I should go back to Thailand at age 30. If I can find a job in BKK and make it on my own then I will do that 110%.

If I live at my moms house in the village and help her with her business then what's wrong with that? Where else am I going to live in a VILLAGE? A fancy apartment? The village doesn't have those. Only makes sense to stay at moms house.

My two aunts, their boyfriends, ex wife and kid...Live at my moms house. My moms ex boyfriends mom and dad and cousin and her nephews lived at my moms house all at one time.

That's how asian family's work. You all should know that. Your bar girlfriends family live the same way.

Lol. Be quiet woman. Stay in the kitchen.

nothing tough or manly about beating up women

if you aren't brave enough to face justice i'm sure karma will catch up on you later

best regards, miss brit