Thinking of moving back to Thailand for good? Could use some opinions.

Skeetjones

Start off my mom is moving back to Thailand for good this year, which leaves me in the state with no family members. My mom and I are very close at this point in our lives too.

I'm in a relationship I'm scared to end and feel it will not go anywhere. It's pretty abusive (being honest), I am physically abusive while she is mentally/manipulative abusive.

Last couple weeks I have been feeling homesick for Thailand, me and my mom have discussed the times we have had and fun it was. Also if I could go back to college (in Thailand) I would do everything different. Be more outgoing, friendly, not think I am better than everyone, ECT.

I'm at a dead end job, (yet does pay my bills and I get by ok) here that I've been at for 2+ years and approaching 30 years old soon I am feeling very overwhelmed that I am failing at life. Going through spells of depression, anger & guilt. My mom is constantly worrying about me when I at the age she shouldn't have to. I'm not a drug addict, or have a criminal record yet feel like there are people who have those problems yet at working better jobs, or have more things.

Anyways. Thailand I feel, free (poor, but free), memory's of fun times and stress free living with my family. So that is weighing in on me right now.

What do you guys think? Though it out in America with my chin up, keep working and hope for the best.

Or be with family, maybe go back to school in BKK (embarrassed to go back at 30 though), live life in the homeland?

Not sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort out your problems before coming here.

" I am physically abusive" I admire the admission but the issue needs addressing.

Thailand is not the place in which to resolve the problem ------------unless ----------------------

• Like 2

Whatever problems you have in the States, multiply them by about 5.

Unlike the States, where there are incremental punishments for incrementally serious misbehavior, you'll find you can behave as badly as you want, right up until you cross an invisible (and ever changing) line and get taken out back and beaten to death, pushed off a balcony, poisoned or arrested with drugs you didn't even know you had.

You'll feel like you're getting away with murder over here, right until the time it gets you killed. Or you may learn the unwritten rules in time and simply live a pauper's existence until you either die or go back home penniless.

The only way most expats finds happiness here in Thailand is to bring it with them, along with a big sweaty batch of the money they made back in the Nanny state.

Get your act together, get your finances in order, then come to Thailand if you still have the itch. And don't even think about getting a degree in Thailand unless it's just for chasing women (or if you want to exist on a Thai salary). Smart Thais send their kids abroad for their degree if they can afford it.

Wise and correct advice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I'm by no means am living wild.

I've lived in Thailand for 3 years so I need no paragraphs about the 'rules' and life style.

I'm in a bad relationship and I admit that.

My mom is leaving and I will be alone in the state no moral or any type of support if / will the relationship goes sour. That worries me.

It's been on my mind, just asking for some opinions. I don't need to hear how someone will beat me to death or I'm headed for jail.

College at 30? The women will be all over you.

And still no regular income. Why would anyone of average intelligence still be in college at the age of thirty.

At what age are you planning to secure regular employment?

Plenty return to study a little later in life. Friend of mine won apprentice of the year at age 38. All about wanting a change of career and a new start.

Op, stop abusing your gf tough guy. Hope her brother sorts you out.

Nothing tough about me. But I don't let any talk down to me and mentally mess with my head for 5 years, because I'm not ready for kids or marriage when I'm doing my best to make things work.

Yea yea yea... Get out the relationship... I wish it was that easy

Whatever problems you have in the states you will have here.

No they won't. The typical female undergrad will be 18-21. She will have nothing in common with a 30 year old farang freshman living off his mum. If he was a dashing doctoral or post doc fellow and was financially independent, then yes, there might be interest. Desirable Thai university girls can have their pick of a large pool of handsome, financially secure Thai university students.

• Like 1

I'm by no means am living wild.

I've lived in Thailand for 3 years so I need no paragraphs about the 'rules' and life style.

I'm in a bad relationship and I admit that.

My mom is leaving and I will be alone in the state no moral or any type of support if / will the relationship goes sour. That worries me.

It's been on my mind, just asking for some opinions. I don't need to hear how someone will beat me to death or I'm headed for jail.

If you don't like what you are going to hear from a bunch of oldsters who have been there and done that, don't ask questions in an open forum like Thai Visa. When you ask for advice you can't control what advice you are going to get, good and bad, relevant or not

Thank you professor obvious

No they won't. The typical female undergrad will be 18-21. She will have nothing in common with a 30 year old farang freshman living off his mum. If he was a dashing doctoral or post doc fellow and was financially independent, then yes, there might be interest. Desirable Thai university girls can have their pick of a large pool of handsome, financially secure Thai university students.

Lol who said I'm looking for a woman in Thailand? I've been there done that. If I did go, I'm doing my own thing. Been on lock down long enough. I've got 21 year olds trying to give me the cat here in America I don't think I'll have a problem in Thailand. Thanks

Lol who said I'm looking for a woman in Thailand? I've been there done that. If I did go, I'm doing my own thing. Been on lock down long enough. I've got 21 year olds trying to give me the cat here in America I don't think I'll have a problem in Thailand. Thanks

By reading ur op.....u must be at least halve thai or are you 100% thai ?

By reading ur op.....u must be at least halve thai or are you 100% thai ?

Half Thai. Half American.

I do believe the OP is trolling; however, what surprises me even more is that the TV community seems to relish supporting them :)

But I suppose it is a natural out come of narcissistic, self absorbed life styles and posting photos of one's latest iced coffee on Facebook.

Reality TV nonsense is doing well so why not Reality Trolling :)

I do believe the OP is trolling; however, what surprises me even more is that the TV community seems to relish supporting them :)

But I suppose it is a natural out come of narcissistic, self absorbed life styles and posting photos of one's latest iced coffee on Facebook.

Reality TV nonsense is doing well so why not Reality Trolling :)

How the hell I am trolling? I have two options I asked people.

Stay in America. Go to Thailand.

And we get people saying, I'll be thrown off buildings, I'm milking moms money, too dependent on mom, I won't find a girl at 30 (lol how? Some TV users find 20 year olds at 60+)