wearing all your gold?

padsterj

And remember, Mrs.Trans told me this, Thai folk think a farang with a bird with all the gold stuff, is looked at as a farang buffalo. Not my words. whistling.gif

Jealous Thai women are also known to say this ermm.gif

Mrs.Trans has stuff but does NOT want to give the wrong impression when we are out. In fact she wears my mums stuff when we go somewhere special.....thumbsup.gif

Trans,

in case i decide to have my SUs 24k goldplated will you refuse to visit me? unsure.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfriend does not have the capacity to buy gold herself. I am very much appreciated for buying her nice things, I personally dont give a rats xxxx what other people think. if my lady is happy so am I.I have many wealthy friends back home, most are dick heads when it comes to money. you cant buy class,but here in Thailand having some gold when you are unable to obtain it yourself does earn respect despite what Thai folks say.

Total rolox, YOU are being looked at as a farang Buffalo. Thai folk don't give shit about the bird, she has relieved you of cash.....

farang buffalo! yeah good one dopey! wouldn't want to be your girlfriend /wife.. its not fleecing when freely given,and I don't care too much for Thai folk who are paranoid and jealous of farang..neither does my girlfriend.. and what would Thai folks say about a Thai person who gives his girlfriend /wife something nice. that he is a Thai buffalo.. you should really come into the 21st century it is so much more fun.

• Like 1

What's the point of owning jewellery if you can't or don't wear it? All those of you who bought things for your partner and keep them all locked up and hidden away, why on earth did you buy the stuff for her in the first place? I say good on her for wanting to wear it, that's why you buy jewellery right....to wear.

Most Thais I've encountered buy gold as a form of savings / investment, as it generally appreciates in value. It's smarter than buying ETFs, that's for sure.

That's why you see TONS of gold shops every where in Thailand, but you don't generally see anywhere near that many people wearing the stuff.

Edited by Nautilus05
  • Like 1

my girlfriend does not have the capacity to buy gold herself. I am very much appreciated for buying her nice things, I personally dont give a rats xxxx what other people think. if my lady is happy so am I.I have many wealthy friends back home, most are dick heads when it comes to money. you cant buy class,but here in Thailand having some gold when you are unable to obtain it yourself does earn respect despite what Thai folks say.

Total rolox, YOU are being looked at as a farang Buffalo. Thai folk don't give shit about the bird, she has relieved you of cash.....

farang buffalo! yeah good one dopey! wouldn't want to be your girlfriend /wife.. its not fleecing when freely given,and I don't care too much for Thai folk who are paranoid and jealous of farang..neither does my girlfriend.. and what would Thai folks say about a Thai person who gives his girlfriend /wife something nice. that he is a Thai buffalo.. you should really come into the 21st century it is so much more fun.

No, It means she is good at her job.

Forget the being able to tell if it's a copy or not. I have yet to meet a Woman who knows when you want to meet at 14:00 it does not mean 15:30. So what's the watch for?

Just because you want to do something at a certain time, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

True but when an agreed meeting time is set it is polite and courteous to be on time no? If I want to meet someone for lunch at 14:00 then is it nor right to meet at 14:00. And with a Rolex on it should be good enough to work at the correct time tongue.png

I got a fifty-bob Timex. Works just as well as any of your Rolex!

Forget the being able to tell if it's a copy or not. I have yet to meet a Woman who knows when you want to meet at 14:00 it does not mean 15:30. So what's the watch for?

Just because you want to do something at a certain time, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

True but when an agreed meeting time is set it is polite and courteous to be on time no? If I want to meet someone for lunch at 14:00 then is it nor right to meet at 14:00. And with a Rolex on it should be good enough to work at the correct time tongue.png

I got a fifty-bob Timex. Works just as well as any of your Rolex!

laugh.png , You ever see a Thai couple draped in gold....? Noooooooooooo, sorry guy, you want to look stupid to the locals, you carry on. ....thumbsup.gif

May I ask where you met your bird who likes walking around draped in gold, her position in life before you ?. Tell the truth now.........thumbsup.gif

What's the point of owning jewellery if you can't or don't wear it? All those of you who bought things for your partner and keep them all locked up and hidden away, why on earth did you buy the stuff for her in the first place? I say good on her for wanting to wear it, that's why you buy jewellery right....to wear.

Most Thais I've encountered buy gold as a form of savings / investment, as it generally appreciates in value. It's smarter than buying ETFs, that's for sure.

That's why you see TONS of gold shops every where in Thailand, but you don't generally see anywhere near that many people wearing the stuff.

jup and same was the case in the west some decades ago. many people prefered to take care of their savings themselves.... money under matras or gold ......

it's also a tradition here, let not forget. nearly all thai have (some) gold....

And remember, Mrs.Trans told me this, Thai folk think a farang with a bird with all the gold stuff, is looked at as a farang buffalo. Not my words. whistling.gif

Jealous Thai women are also known to say this ermm.gif

Mrs.Trans has stuff but does NOT want to give the wrong impression when we are out. In fact she wears my mums stuff when we go somewhere special.....thumbsup.gif

Trans,

in case i decide to have my SUs 24k goldplated will you refuse to visit me? unsure.png

I know you know what I am on about. smile.png

As for SU's, hmmmmmmmmmmm, a Weber conversion word be fun.............thumbsup.gif

she is good at her job.she is a chef!

[/quo

she is good at her job.she is a chef!

[/quo

She cooks up rubbish and you eat it all up. Well done.

• Like 1

Because she's an insecure idiot?

I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather be seen in track pants and a t-shirt and have everyone think I'm poor, versus wandering around with a bunch of gold. That's why instead of buying myself a $700 smart phone, I have this fashionable $30 Nokia.

year man ....i found my sosie....i am exactly that way...my self i have the 500 baths new brand samsung i fast never open

dont show gold.... show inteligence instead!

On women, I like to see something like a subtle necklace, with quality workmanship, draped delicately around her gentle soft skin, that hugs the shape and form around the nape of her neck, and falls enticingly towards where the imagination goes. Preferably made of silver or platinum rather than value attributed to gold or any other metal that it is made from.

10 baht of clunky engine hoist chains doesn't really shout appeal to me, even if it's near pure gold.

On the other hand bars of gold securely stored might not be a bad store of wealth against Ferns and other fiat. Preservation of wealth rather than speculation/growth.

As the saying goes "real beauty has no need to attract attention to itself".

I've been told that in times past, they used to have gold chains for more practical uses, and that a link taken from the visible chain would be a unit of value exchange.

You want just lock gold away then buy the bullion and don't pay big bucks for craftsmanship.

a) It's generally easier to get jewelery out of the country if / when needed.

B) It's tradition, and jewelery has symbolic value to it when passing it down to your kids / grand kids.

c) They do wear their gold, but only on special occasions (ie. 2 or 3 times a year). They don't wear it to just go out and about, and do some grocery shopping though. Not only is that shallow and petty, it's also dangerous.

You never had a grandma or someone with a small chest of jewelery she collected over her life, which she puts in her will? Like the poster above said, the West did the exact same thing decades ago as well.

It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth. In other words they are showing off.

The wife and I have a nice stash of jewellery, gold, diamond rings, watches and old family heirlooms, stuff that has been handed down by family through the generations or that we bought many years ago for what we believed would be an investment. They are all kept in a strong box at our bank and these items have not seen the light of day for years, in fact we have forgotten what they look like or how much we have. All this expensive junk will eventually be passed on to our children, otherwise we have no interest in it, what for?. Besides that, we would be too scared to wear expensive jewellery out in public, as victims of robbery waiting to happen. It`s just not practical these days nor safe, not worth the high risks involved just for appearances sake.

Showing of....they do it fysically.....u do it in writing....

You obviously don't show of in writing...........fysically?????? please a little more effort, there are online dictionaries

Edited by soalbundy

laugh.png , You ever see a Thai couple draped in gold....? Noooooooooooo, sorry guy, you want to look stupid to the locals, you carry on. ....thumbsup.gif

May I ask where you met your bird who likes walking around draped in gold, her position in life before you ?. Tell the truth now.........thumbsup.gif

I imagine the same place you did. Does your kid have red hair and a big co?k, he could be mine.biggrin.png

It it truly insightful when my better half does this. I find out just who she would like to impress and what situation is apparently special. Typically when we go to meet people she either has never met before or hasn't met for a long long time.

now this makes sense to me we have only recently got back to Bangkok and she hasn't seen some of her friends for a couple of years or more but when will she stop wearing it its been about a week now maybe more lol

The appearance of Thai Gold has the opposite effect of what it was originally intendended i.e cheap glary and unsophisticated.

Sorry! to confirm you are with someone of doubful virtue,then dress her up with,cheap looking baubles,and trinklets!

Seriously it is shocking,and sadly you can't buy virtue! anywhere in the world.

To SOALBUNDY...........

You wrote "You obviously don't show of in writing...........fysically?????? please a little more effort, there are online dictionaries"

When you criticise someone for their bad spelling you leave yourself open to the same criticism.

So you should have replied "You obviously don't show off in writing..........."

A common error by many, even when their first language is English. Posters often misspell through typing fast or with intention to do so. Just saying.

• Like 2

my girlfriend is a poor peasant farmer, and I met her at her husbands funeral , she worked on my sister in laws farm. And as for being draped in gold. Hardly! a ring and a necklace is not draped! and I don't wear any jewelry, so I don't see the correlation between couples draped in gold statement by you . I wonder how much you paid for your wife I would be interested in hearing of you and your wife's life in Tattler magazine soon. as it seems that is where your wife would like to station herself in life unfortunately she had to get a Buffalo farang to get there!

To SOALBUNDY...........

You wrote "You obviously don't show of in writing...........fysically?????? please a little more effort, there are online dictionaries"

When you criticise someone for their bad spelling you leave yourself open to the same criticism.

A common error by many, even when their first language is English. Posters often misspell through typing fast or with intention to do so. Just saying.

My keys "bounce" sometimes they repeat a letter,sometimes they don't write a letter. after writing a post i have to go back to correct which is usually easy as a misspelt word is red underlined. "Of" would not show as incorrect (you are right it it should be "off,which i undoubtedly keyed). American English correction will show a mistake even if it is correctly written in British English. BTW criticize is written with a Z not an S. At least i make an effort. One can excuse false syntax if the writer doesn't have English as his first language but if a word is shown to be wrongly spelt (red underlined) why not make an effort and look it up?.........The word fysically was not just glaring it was painful to look at.

I'm sayin' all the things that I know you'll like

Making good conversation I gotta handle you just right, you know what I mean

I took you to an intimate restaurant, then to a suggestive movie

There's nothing left to talk about 'less it's horizontally

Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical, let's get into physical

Let me hear your body talk, your body talk, let me hear your body talk

I've been patient, I've been good, try'n to keep my hands on the table

It's gettin' hard this holdin' back, you know what I mean

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view, we know each other mentally

You've gotta know that you're bringin' out the animal in me

Oh let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical, let's get into physical

Let's get animal, animal, I wanna get animal, let's get into animal

Let me hear your body talk, let me hear your body talk

To SOALBUNDY...........

My keys "bounce" sometimes they repeat a letter,sometimes they don't write a letter. after writing a post i have to go back to correct which is usually easy as a misspelt word is red underlined. "Of" would not show as incorrect (you are right it it should be "off,which i undoubtedly keyed). American English correction will show a mistake even if it is correctly written in British English. BTW criticize is written with a Z not an S. At least i make an effort. One can excuse false syntax if the writer doesn't have English as his first language but if a word is shown to be wrongly spelt (red underlined) why not make an effort and look it up?.........The word fysically was not just glaring it was painful to look at.

Padsterj: Let your wife read some of the stories about gold snatching along Jomtiem beach road, or even better, take her there, (with a bodyguard). But seriously, I would point out that the jewellery is an investment, and her family will get nothing if she loses it, and she will lose face in a big way, as you can't afford to buy it again..

I'm sayin' all the things that I know you'll like

Making good conversation I gotta handle you just right, you know what I mean

I took you to an intimate restaurant, then to a suggestive movie

There's nothing left to talk about 'less it's horizontally

I've been patient, I've been good, try'n to keep my hands on the table

It's gettin' hard this holdin' back, you know what I mean

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view, we know each other mentally

You've gotta know that you're bringin' out the animal in me

Oh let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical, let's get into physical

Let's get animal, animal, I wanna get animal, let's get into animal

Let me hear your body talk, let me hear your body talk

To SOALBUNDY...........

Full marks. Keep your hands on the table though,i'm not like that.