buying at LAZADA - delivery question

siam2007

Hi all,

does anybody have experience with lazada ? I like that they offer a "cash on delivery" - option, but how does it work ?

I mean, they only give an estimate regarding delivery times, such as " 2-3 days" or "4-7 days".

But how do you learn WHEN the item will be actually delivered ? do they give you a phonecall ? They certainly won't expect that you stay at home for a full week just to wait for a delivery that may occur sooner or later......

thanks for any input.....

I have bought two items at cash on delivery terms. Soon after I order the item, I put the exact amount into an envelope and leave it the front desk of my hotel. Anyone who stays in a hotel/condo/serviced apartment could probably do the same. I've never been contacted about delivery time though.

You will receive by immediate email: 1. order confirmation, 2. welcome registration confirmation, and 3. another order confirmation notice with a tracking link. Then in a day or so you will receive an email that your order has shipped, with the same tracking link. My one and only order arrived the very next day after that before I could even think of tracking it! They of course wanted to know how to find my house, and if anyone was home or who was to receive it ( neighbor, maid, landlord, etc.), and to tell me about when, e.g. am or pm, it might be delivered. Of course I wasn't home, but my deaf hubby was, and there is a remote muu baan gate and a button in a guard house door....and my mobile was dying....and well, it came!

At least this was my experience with my 1st order with them.

clap2.gif

Lazada do what they say. In my area they use Kerry Logistics and I'm happy enough with the delivery times. As marieb stated, you get the email etc. and you can track your package.

Just have the exact amount ready as they don't have time to muck around with change.

My wife ordered some stuff from them last week and it arrived a few days later. We will order with them again as Kerry Logistics seem to try hard at getting the deliveries done on time.

Thai Visa sponsor InvadeIT also use Kerry Logistics.

I ordered 4 time last year and before every delivery the driver or dispatch called the house to get information on how to get there and they told me when the driver was going to be at the house. It help to speak basic Thai or have your wife take the call. I can mention that all delivery were by different carrier. One Kerry Logistic and three by local delivery compagny contracted by Lazada in Chiangmai.

Lazada is very safe, secure, and professional. Day one at noon, I searched their website and ordered a refurbished iPhone 4. A great price. Day three at noon, they hand delivered a sealed original box to my condo. I opened, inspected, tested, and paid cash. Very happy with their service. Good luck!

from my iPad in Cha-Am

Edited by ocean268

I have also bought various items from Lazada and I find them very good and prompt and apart from confirmation e-mails etc they always phone me a few hours before delivery to check I am at home.

For some even a few hours is not convenient. I found with another similar service they phone about 45 minutes prior delivery using a logistics company to see if it's convenient to deliver.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-69580-0-71321600-1421283428_thumb.jThis seems a reasonable thread to post this on so here goes

I have ordered 2x items from Lazada, one was in Sept last year (large TV) and have no issues with the service or delivery - so don't need to mention that again

Ordered a washing machine last week - no issues with the order process and it was done under my previous account info, same address - same phone number etc etc

Well this is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare actually getting it delivered.

Got tracking number and followed it as the order progressed

Then all in about the space of a few hours the order appears as

-Delivery Start - not at the time shown - no phone call from delivery van all day

Then later that evening

- Delivery fail disabled contact

So I'm hunting around for a number to call and after a while I find a number in BKK for CJGLS and call it, explaining the situation and asking why the driver did not call my number for directions or even leave a note to say he's been there, I give the girl the details and she says will call me back in 30 mins, no call but the status changes again to

- Delivery Start

Wait all day no phone call or contact and later that evening the status changes again to

- Delivery Fail Disable Contact

So I am assuming this represents 2x failed delivery attempts

I checked the order and it has correct address (although not easy to find) and correct phone number

The address is easy to find if the driver calls me and I tell him it's off 3rd road soi blah blah but absolutely no contact - nothing

I must admit I'm getting slightly pissed off at the stupidity, baring in mind I've lived at this address for quite a few years and had numerous items delivered to me by various carriers and have never encountered a problem like this

I will even post the tracking details here for everyone to see - the dates are correct but the website doesn't get updated at the times shown

So I'm going to wait for a phone call today unless they have given up not calling me

• 2 years later...

bump!

Do they make any problems if you turn down on item upon delivery? I mean with the cash on  delivery option! ordered a phone that is now being shipped so not able to cancel, changed my mind though want a different colour haha. 

I use a credit card for convenience. I have never had a problem, EXCEPT, when the item comes from overseas. It too irritates me that when searching, you can't exclude the items that are not stocked here in Thailand. I have no love for AliExpress but if you order an item from Lazada that is shipped from overseas you may as well order from AliExpress and save some money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gary A said:

I use a credit card for convenience. I have never had a problem, EXCEPT, when the item comes from overseas. It too irritates me that when searching, you can't exclude the items that are not stocked here in Thailand. I have no love for AliExpress but if you order an item from Lazada that is shipped from overseas you may as well order from AliExpress and save some money.

I learnt the hard way :sad:  , now I only ever buy from Lazada if its shipped  from Thailand  and COD  , if not I buy from ebay .

LAZADA F1.jpg

5 hours ago, Gary A said:

How can you tell if an item is stocked in Thailand or not? I am looking at this item

http://www.lazada.co.th/oase-biosmart-set-5000-flow-through-filters-biosmart-set-5000-7-17-10239791.html?ff=1&boost=2

I am not in Thailand right now but I plan to be in Thailand this fall and one of my projects  will be a small Koi pond 

I am in the US so bringing a Filter with me is not an option because everything here is 120V, Though I wish I could because of large available selection.

6 hours ago, Gary A said:

They now have an option on the left hand side of the page where you can specify a search for goods shipped from Thailand.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

They now have an option on the left hand side of the page where you can specify goods from Thailand.

Thanks for that information. I'll have a look.

How can you tell if an item is stocked in Thailand or not? I am looking at this item
http://www.lazada.co.th/oase-biosmart-set-5000-flow-through-filters-biosmart-set-5000-7-17-10239791.html?ff=1&boost=2
I am not in Thailand right now but I plan to be in Thailand this fall and one of my projects  will be a small Koi pond 
I am in the US so bringing a Filter with me is not an option because everything here is 120V, Though I wish I could because of large available selection.

This item ships from Thailand, because if not it will say (below the price) ships from abroad.

I have also been looking at one of these.

I find them very expensive here, but no surprise, but what you have to look out for are the replacement filters. The seller doesn't seem to have them.
  • Like 1

Anyone experienced with Lazada having items shipped from abroad ?

Looking at some connectors and mesh bags but Lazada only carries them "Shipped from abroad"

Questions I have

- will these items attract customs duty ?
- how long a wait approx before the items arrive?

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Anyone experienced with Lazada having items shipped from abroad ?

Looking at some connectors and mesh bags but Lazada only carries them "Shipped from abroad"

Questions I have

- will these items attract customs duty ?
- how long a wait approx before the items arrive?

1. All Lazada prices are all-in and they guarantee no additional fees.
  2. In around 30 Lazada shipments from overseas, they typically take 10 days to 2 weeks.  Shortest was 2 working days (plus a weekend) and longest was around 5 weeks but that was only once..
Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, impulse said:

1. All Lazada prices are all-in and they guarantee no additional fees.
  2. In around 30 Lazada shipments from overseas, they typically take 10 days to 2 weeks.  Shortest was 2 working days (plus a weekend) and longest was around 5 weeks but that was only once..

Thx, really appreciated.

I will order some stuff to try but only if they have COD (Cash on Delivery) :smile: that's why I like Lazada as AliExpress seems cheaper but I'd rather not pay for the goods in advance and with a Credit Card

My only gripe about AliExpress is that I had several shipments (out of around 50) where the delivery folks said they were delivered, but I didn't actually receive them for several days on some and weeks on another.  In the meantime, I filed for a refund on one of them but AliExpress rejected my claim since the delivery people showed it had been delivered- even though they couldn't tell me who had signed for it.  It was incumbent on me to prove I hadn't actually received it.  Which is, of course, impossible.  That was a black mark on AliExpress, but it worked out okay.

At the end of the day, I have always received what I ordered and I use my credit card since I'm often not around during the day to receive a COD shipment.  I have them delivered to the office and there's always someone there during working hours.  Just not me.

Edit:  BTW, I always get a little nervous when I get an AliExpress delivery notice e-mail on Saturday or Sunday since the office is closed and there's no way they could have delivered it those days.  Even the building's reception desk won't accept delivery unless they've been pre-warned.

Edited by impulse