Minivan Drivers drug tested by Transport Officials in South Pattaya

webfact

Minivan Drivers drug tested by Transport Officials in South Pattaya

taxi-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday Morning checks were made on minivan drivers following orders from the Provincial Governor who suspects many drivers work long hours and take illegal drugs to stop them from sleeping.

Khun Kosin, Head of Transport Safety for Banglamung District led the operation on the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya, close to where a crash involving a minivan took place last week.

11 Minivan drivers were checked and 1 of them failed a presumptive drugs test and was handed over to Pattaya Police for further investigation.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/122735/minivan-drivers-drug-tested-by-transport-officials-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-25

The almost daily carnage within all aspects of the Thai transportation systems is atrocious and puts the injury and loss of life at the feet of the Government and the enforcement officials who have failed in almost all aspects to provide any sustainability in control,administration or enforcement. This blood is on their hands.

• Like 2

i recently traveled on a national coach journey in the uk i was interested to see that the driver prior to starting the bus

had to use a breathalyzer system to activate the starting procedure i presume POSITIVE means no go

half way through the trip pull into station rest area after the rest period i noticed the engine was kept running all this rest time approx 30 mins purely out of interest i asked the driver about the need for this his reply no need for this as it would require going through the b test again mmmmmmmmmm

so all the rules /regs and safety devises pretty well redundant

Not sure which is worse.

1/ Driving while high

2/ Falling asleep at the wheel

3/ Driving the mini van like you are in a Nascar race.

They need a multi prong plan with proper training, testing, and enforcement of the laws

with real penalties for both the drivers and the companies who's busses/vans are so poorly

maintained.

After one particularly interesting minivan trip in Ao Nang recently, the driver actually had the balls to ask me for a tip. I told him I would give him two, the first tip - when going around corners, try to do it on four wheels not two, and the second tip was if he ever saw me again, run away because I would punch him very hard. He was still holding out his hand for money when I walked away

All anyone has to do is head to North Pattaya near Alcazars ladyboy show, and there is a Thai restaurant there and always lots of min vans, and they are ALWAYS drinking. Every time I go to eat there, it's full of drivers getting sh*t faced, and every one of them drive away.