Pet Hates on Thai Visa Forums

A. BOOZER

A few pet peeves:

• Animated avatars drive me nuts
  • Seeing the same sigs over and over again - yes, I know sometimes forget about it means forget about it
  • Sudden closure of a thread and other moderation tactics that we're not supposed to discuss
  • Stupid one-liner sexual jokes
  • People who have the NEED to CAPITALIZE every other WORD to emphasize their POINT
  • The hang 'em high crowd and internet warriors
  • Seeing an interesting item in the email, clicking on it, and discovering that it is an ad
  • Messages that quote a long message and have no additional content
  • Lack of editing of quoted messages in general
  • Like 2

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seeing the same sigs over and over again - yes, I know sometimes forget about it means forget about it

You don't need to see ANY signatures EVER.

To do this, go to your Username Upper Right and choose:

Manage Ignore Prefs

Then Check the box (on top) Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages

Then Save Changes

Voila.

• Like 2

'seastallion' (post #91) ...

I am learning Thai (not very well) and the Teacher said that Ajarn is reserved for the likes of 'professors' or Monks ...

Bless you my son ....................................biggrin.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The ones who turn every subject into something about sex

Can we just have a normal conversation

NO! it would be too boring, lack of participation, and the topic will be left behind. Plus, people like to talk about sex.

Plus, people like to talk about sex.

Yes... mostly those who have not enough "real" sex biggrin.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't even like girls talking about sex during sex

You have people watching?......................

With each other

Threesomes?

Maybe its the very people who are helping Thailands dimise -
that are telling everyone else to leave...

so they can wallow in it?

My pet hate is.. when you rant about something or comment on something, you get the usual

''IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE THAILAND''..

It seems impossible to vent your opinion without one of these comments..

• Like 1

^^ Avatar threads....like there is some hidden meaning there or sumtin

Hahahaha...you still don't give me the meaning of your avatar.

He gives a rat's arse? (ie, he cares)

I believe just the opposite ... he could care less, as in "He could give a rat's arse."biggrin.png

I believe just the opposite ... he could care less, as in "He could give a rat's arse."biggrin.png

The more I read forums the less I want to return to Thailand.

Although having said that, I will return.

Just won't be sitting around the people who have lived there for years and are sick of it, near back packers or the tourists that treat people like dirt.

A lot of people hate my avatar.

It's hurtful.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Yeah Donnie, That's the only thing we hate about your posts, let's go with that............................whistling.gif

As for me there mikemac it's the emoticon virtuosi such as yerse'f , the Tweeters, guys who try to build little camps around the notion that stoopid and the verbally limited and the unread and those fully accepting of any and all gov't BS somehow have a direct line to Gawd and "the really of it". Posters who promote ignorance and illiteracy and folly yep FOLLY . . . . (only two syllables but I figure it'll bother you a smidge. . . .

But yeah, it's the hurtful comments some of you cowboys make when you, um, realize that I gotcher sad-case bedtime stories . . . . . . . gotcha comin' AND goin'.

So that's why you see ol' Donnie up there, smilin' from the inside.

Or maybe that's Donnie the morning after he's taken three Lomatils instead of a couple of Panadols.

How about YOU there mikemac.

Anything upset you more than a real estate pitch gone sideways or a cold call that wastes your time and then laughs in your ear ;-?

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

A. BOOZER

Posted 2014-03-25 07:25:18

I am sure that we each have different like and dislikes - things that are agreeable to us and things that irritate us.

However one of the things that really 'bugs' me are the Posters asking for help or information that are relevant to their locality, but then neglect to say where they are.

What do you think?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes but first of all, where are you living ? smile.png

A. BOOZER

Posted 2014-03-25 07:25:18

I am sure that we each have different like and dislikes - things that are agreeable to us and things that irritate us.

However one of the things that really 'bugs' me are the Posters asking for help or information that are relevant to their locality, but then neglect to say where they are.

What do you think?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes but first of all, where are you living ? smile.png

That may just apply where you are. So where are you?

Edited by harrry

1. Those who infer one is racist for criticizing XXX group. 2. Just as bad are those accusing one of political correctness if you disagree with their criticism of XXX group, or call attention to something stupid they've said. These are deflections away from the meat of the conversation and attempt to elevate (erroneously) oneself to an imaginary high ground.

3. Of course, there are legitimate instances or racism or overbearing political correctness too.

But mostly I see 1 & 2.

Edited by ChiangMike
  • Like 1

1. Those who infer one is racist for criticizing XXX group. 2. Just as bad are those accusing one of political correctness if you disagree with their criticism of XXX group, or call attention to something stupid they've said. These are deflections away from the meat of the conversation and attempt to elevate (erroneously) oneself to an imaginary high ground.

3. Of course, there are legitimate instances or racism or overbearing political correctness too.

But mostly I see 1 & 2.

Thais and Americans are not a race.

But mostly I see 1 & 2.

4. Pointing out the obvious.

• Like 2

But mostly I see 1 & 2.

4. Pointing out the obvious.

I was just trying to be nice. There is no racism on Thai Visa. The mods will delete a racist post in a minute. I was pointing out what you really meant was ethnocentrism which is the bread and butter or rice and fish heads of the daily Thai Visa milieu. Ethnocentrism or thinly veiled ethnocentrism is at any time about 37% of the General forum. Stereotype stuff and generalizations about people from a certain nation or region or group. Many people don't know that "old" is a stand alone word. It is not necessarily accompanied by fat, bald and sexpat. Girl is also a stand alone word and can be used in many different ways and is not always accompanied by the word bar, Thai or money hungry.

Edited by thailiketoo