Abhisit calls on Yingluck, Suthep to hold talks on live TV

webfact

Abhisit was a bit weak when he was in power, perhaps he's grown a pair.

Yes I was very unhappy with him as PM, and sure many thought it can't get worse....but it could get a lot worse.....

Tell us what you were not happy about. ????

was there mass monies disappearing, did they buy billions worth of dud tablets, did they go against the law of the land and try to rush through bills at 3am, was he ruled by a relative abroad, did he leave the country in a financial mess???? Answer NO.

On topic Abhisit in a debate with Yingluck would make her more dim than PTP polices that's why she will either decline or not answer, because she answers to only ONE.

Tell us what Abhisit and the Dems did for the country....

Did he build infrastructure ?

Did he maintain existing infrastructure ?

Did he do anything for the poor people ?

Did he do anything for the economy and was the economy doing well ?

Did he do anything at all ?

The answer is NO

Did the army budget get the highest in 20 years ? The answer is YES, because he had to suit his bosses ! and that's all he did in stead of governing !

Is he responsible for the killing of the 90 up people in 2010 ? The answer is YES.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that k.Suthep's job is somewhat finished when Ms. Yingluck steps down or is forced down through the NACC / Senate. He may want to be involved with advising or selecting an neutral MP, but than that's it.

Somehow, I find that very hard to believe.

Not sure myself what to believe, but Suthep has said so a few times and I think that there are enough real reform minded figures within the PDRC to have Suthep kindly sidelined if he wants to keep being actively involved.

There are ways to be part of the show, even when you're "out" - Thaksin, Banharn, Newin...many more.

"Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva Tuesday called on caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban to told talks on national reform live on TV"

Another anti-democrat suggestion from someone who is the leader of what is called a "Democrat Party".

So Suthep, representing electoral minority coup-mongers, gets to strut about the public space, at an equal level to someone representing the electoral majority.

Ridiculous.

Let him debate her, or whomever she selects to get down in the mud with him, in a Parliamentary debate.

And let Parliamentary rules dictate how that is done, considering a minority Opposition debating a majority governing party. Parliament has rules for such a thing.

AV's point quoted below, will be achieved when that Parliamentray session is broadcast live.

As he says, and I quote "will create confidence among the people and prevent the spread of rumours that cause both sides to attack each other"

But to put the leader of minority coup-mongers at the same level as an elected Prime Minister would be highly disrespectful to the voting majority, by diminshing the value of their vote....And it would not amuse them.

Maybe you should ask the public if they would like Suthep and Yinluck to a debate on TV, as I doubt PTP still has the voting majority- even if you want to continually spin this line.

I think that k.Suthep's job is somewhat finished when Ms. Yingluck steps down or is forced down through the NACC / Senate. He may want to be involved with advising or selecting an neutral MP, but than that's it.

Somehow, I find that very hard to believe.

Not sure myself what to believe, but Suthep has said so a few times and I think that there are enough real reform minded figures within the PDRC to have Suthep kindly sidelined if he wants to keep being actively involved.

There are ways to be part of the show, even when you're "out" - Thaksin, Banharn, Newin...many more.

Yes, you're right in that, but with the PDRC we're not talking about Suthep's party even though he helped set it up. I think, dreamer as I am, that the PDRC has evolved beyond Suthep who till the Yingluck government is really gone has a use. After when going into reforms and starting to involve larger groups of people surely Suthep will be lost. Maybe an honorary function of Shinawatra watchdog.

BTW Thaksin, Banharn and Newin are indeed still in charge of their 'political' parties.

Let him debate her, or whomever she selects to get down in the mud with him, in a Parliamentary debate.

And let Parliamentary rules dictate how that is done, considering a minority Opposition debating a majority governing party. Parliament has rules for such a thing.

AV's point quoted below, will be achieved when that Parliamentray session is broadcast live.

Given the government's track record at conducting parliamentary debates, I doubt this is an acceptable proposition.

Also, I don't think anyone, not even Yingluck, aims to "amuse" anyone, although she sometimes succeeds.

Yes I was very unhappy with him as PM, and sure many thought it can't get worse....but it could get a lot worse.....

was there mass monies disappearing, did they buy billions worth of dud tablets, did they go against the law of the land and try to rush through bills at 3am, was he ruled by a relative abroad, did he leave the country in a financial mess???? Answer NO.

On topic Abhisit in a debate with Yingluck would make her more dim than PTP polices that's why she will either decline or not answer, because she answers to only ONE.

The answer is NO

Did the army budget get the highest in 20 years ? The answer is YES, because he had to suit his bosses ! and that's all he did in stead of governing !

Is he responsible for the killing of the 90 up people in 2010 ? The answer is YES.

Do we have a selective memory? The answer is YES.

BTW even under the Yingluck government and under MoD Yingluck the budget for the MoD has risen. Therfor the army budget under Yingluck was even higher than under Abhisit.

None of this relevant to the topic though.

Abhisit at his most stupid !

Why would a PM want to talk with the guy who refused to talk when she asked.

Suthep belongs in Jail, and the moment they take him in, they should, broadcast live !

Seems that Yinluck and certainly the guy pulling her strings belong in gaol and the day they take them both into custody, it should also be broadcast live.

Smart man Abhisit. Distancing himself from the conflict and presenting the voice of reason happy in the knowledge that Yingluck couldn't tell you the 2 sides of a coin and that Suthep can talk for days

and such a brave leader to have , i cannot understand how this retard was ever PM , oh yea i forgot he was not elected .... what a pussy .....smart man ? <deleted> ? the reason behind all this trouble is you have two halfwits trying to pull down a democratically elected govt !!!

Yes, you're right in that, but with the PDRC we're not talking about Suthep's party even though he helped set it up. I think, dreamer as I am, that the PDRC has evolved beyond Suthep who till the Yingluck government is really gone has a use. After when going into reforms and starting to involve larger groups of people surely Suthep will be lost. Maybe an honorary function of Shinawatra watchdog.

BTW Thaksin, Banharn and Newin are indeed still in charge of their 'political' parties.

Suthep IS the Democrat Party in the south.

Reading through Thailand's political history, it seems that people quit/retire/let go for real only when that is the last option.

Until then they all hang on in one way or another. Sure, there are new parties forming, new alliances - but it's pretty much the same people or people connected to them.

Suthep IS the Democrat Party in the south.

Reading through Thailand's political history, it seems that people quit/retire/let go for real only when that is the last option.

Until then they all hang on in one way or another. Sure, there are new parties forming, new alliances - but it's pretty much the same people or people connected to them.

Yet some more reasons to really get going with reforms before the old guard manages to deflect the attention lots of Thai put on this now.

The answer is NO

5 Yes's, Your no is a lie-and biased, so the answer is yes. red fanatics were themselves responsible deaths.

economy was very stable at a time when the world crashed. 30baht med care abolished. dig up the rest yourself as you clearly just responded with biased.

"Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva Tuesday called on caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban to told talks on national reform live on TV"

Another anti-democrat suggestion from someone who is the leader of what is called a "Democrat Party".

So Suthep, representing electoral minority coup-mongers, gets to strut about the public space, at an equal level to someone representing the electoral majority.

Ridiculous.

As he says, and I quote "will create confidence among the people and prevent the spread of rumours that cause both sides to attack each other"

But to put the leader of minority coup-mongers at the same level as an elected Prime Minister would be highly disrespectful to the voting majority, by diminshing the value of their vote....And it would not amuse them.

Maybe you should ask the public if they would like Suthep and Yinluck to a debate on TV, as I doubt PTP still has the voting majority- even if you want to continually spin this line.

"...as I doubt PTP still has the voting majority- even if you want to continually spin this line"

Easy solution to that question...Count the votes of the last election for a clearly measurable indication.

What is this about "I doubt PTP still has the voting majority"...They did the last election!....What would have changed that?....The BKK. shenanigans by the coup-mongers would only have increased that voting majority.......And if you want to question that conclusion, have another election real quick..It will prove my point.

"Maybe you should ask the public if they would like Suthep and Yinluck to a debate on TV"

Why not in Parliament?...It is structured for such a thing, even permitting for counter-arguments and debating in a true debating manner.........Let the Public watch, followed immediately by an election.....How about that!

To give anti-democrats a soapbox outside Parliament rewards their anti-Democracy impulses, don't you think?....It is what they have been striving for....Avoid Parliament and exercise their Opposition through user-friendly Independent Agencies and judiciary. Now you want them exercising Opposition via public TV as well?

Giving into electoral non-participation, nullifying elections, avoiding parliament and exercising Parliamentary Opposition via all sorts of proxies is all anti-democratic stuff IMHO.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

"Abhisit Vejjajiva Tuesday called on caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban to told talks on national reform live on TV."

Edited by daveAustin

Bring it on!

Yingluck v Suthep live on TV !

What a brilliant show that would be but who would be the moderator ?

You won't need one because she won't do it. She cannot speak without a teleprompter showing brother's script for her. Hope I'm wrong. It would be a disaster for her.

Smart man Abhisit. Distancing himself from the conflict and presenting the voice of reason happy in the knowledge that Yingluck couldn't tell you the 2 sides of a coin and that Suthep can talk for days

Abhisit might be smart, but after boycotting the last election and threatening to do the same at the next one, the man has no credibility. He is nothing more than Suthep's lap dog answering to his master's voice. This is nothing more than a publicity stunt by the marginalised leader of a marginalised and increasingly irrelevant party.

If he wanted to make a serious contribution, he could start by confirming that his party will contest the next election and set out policies that benefit the whole country, not just the Democrats tradition supporters.

Your avatar subheading is incorrect.There is actually about 8-10 of you guys. All reading the same notes from Dubai via Chiangmai.

• Like 1

Ridiculous.

most time I do not pay attention to your posts anymore.

But when I do - like this time - it is a really good lough

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

The answer is NO

Apisit's crop programme was a lot better than Yingluck's record loss rice mortgage scheme.

And as for the army, Yingluck appointed a record number of generals this year.

How the red shirts must love her!

• Like 1

Is Yingluk allowed to take the 'Call a friend' option?

I think that option is only allowed once.

How would she answer any of the other questions?

Would all the answers be "good question. I will get back to you on that." or "I come from democracy."

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well I wanted to put an I like on that one but I thought it was so true that it would deserve posting again. Takes a lot to get me to spontaneously laugh but that one did it. All so true.

Why not? Everything else has failed so far.

I think Yingluck would not be able to make it because her helicopter is not equipped for night flying. So her brother would have to call in.

Seriously it is a good idea.

The problem I see is that the PTP would want a preview of the topics where they should be unknown to both participants. The only thing that should not be allowed is the past of either one of them. Just the actions pro and con of the present administration.

After all that is what this is all about. It has nothing to do with Thaksin being thrown out by the army or Suthep protecting Thailand from red shirt hospital invading bomb throwing at public transportation depot's coup attempting red shirts.

Just August 2011 up to today what ever that day would be.wai.gif

Perhaps you both would have a little bit of a different view of him if you stopped and thought about the fact that he had a minority government and some of those desperately needed support were Thaksin trained.

In other words he did not have the free hand people seem to think he had. Very unlike Yingluck who needs no other party. In fact she can even spare some of her own.wai.gif

• Like 2

Abhisit might be smart, but after boycotting the last election and threatening to do the same at the next one, the man has no credibility. He is nothing more than Suthep's lap dog answering to his master's voice. This is nothing more than a publicity stunt by the marginalised leader of a marginalised and increasingly irrelevant party.

If he wanted to make a serious contribution, he could start by confirming that his party will contest the next election and set out policies that benefit the whole country, not just the Democrats tradition supporters.

Your avatar subheading is incorrect.There is actually about 8-10 of you guys. All reading the same notes from Dubai via Chiangmai.

PCAD spy intercepting a Skype caller runs into trouble of his own.

How-Do-You-Get-Them-Out2.jpg

• Like 1

Do you really think Suthep would come to a news studio without his 1,000 guards, he be arrested on the spot. Why not a live Skype debate between Suthep and the man in Dubai. Now that would get high ratings for Channel 3.

Edited by Mango Bob