Thai Visa's Private Messaging (PM) system

David48

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Again, I am ready to defend myself privately if this is elevated as I strongly feel I am the one being repeatedly provoked by the OP.

I read that as 'poked'...sorry about that

• Like 1

Note to mods: If the OP wishes to pursue this as a formal complaint, please allow me the opportunity to rebut his biased accusations (privately of course), as he has already grossly misrepresented the facts and left out ... oh so much. I really really would rather you not have to waste your time on this, but if he pushes it, I think I deserve the chance to defend myself against such aggression.

Why don't you just block him?

• Like 1

Again, I am ready to defend myself privately if this is elevated as I strongly feel I am the one being repeatedly provoked by the OP.

Are you calling him outside, to settle this like gentlemen?

I'll hold your jacket...

From his tone it's more like a playground tiff, he is constantly running round like a little girl who has lost her dolly. JT, grow some balls and take it like a man (no pun intended)

totster :)

• Like 1

I'll hold your jacket...

Not at all.

I am just saying I have a strong defense which I am willing to share privately. Just be sure if you're buying his edited and twisted story, you are not getting anything remotely close to the actual story. This should not be a public matter. It shouldn't be a matter at all but the OP seemed intent on pushing it by posting this support issue which was obviously just a game to get attention about this private conflict.

Edited by Jingthing

I'll hold your jacket...

Not at all.

I am just saying I have a strong defense which I am willing to share privately. Just be sure if you're buying his edited and twisted story, you are not getting the story. This should not be a public matter. It shouldn't be a matter at all but the OP seemed intent on pushing it.

Come on JT, if you defence is so strong then you clearly have nothing to hide.. why not tell us all how you have been so terribly wronged ?

totster :)

• Like 1

I'll hold your jacket...

From his tone it's more like a playground tiff, he is constantly running round like a little girl who has lost her dolly. JT, grow some balls and take it like a man (no pun intended)

totster smile.png

That's not a pun, it's a double entendre.

You need to read more, viz comic books

• Like 2

Come on JT, if you defence is so strong then you clearly have nothing to hide.. why not tell us all how you have been so terribly wronged ?

totster smile.png

I realize that would be entertaining for y'all, but no thank you. I only ask the chance to tell the actual story privately if the OP decides to pursue his specious complaint.

Edited by Jingthing

On average JT....how long did you have to sit with finger on button to get the job done.....quite well thought out technique actually, would never have thought of it me good self.....very creative.....twisted little bit, but creative.

• Like 1

To lighten up the conversation, I'll momentarily digress into a little side anecdote from my extensive career, in which I have reached new peaks of mediocrity.

Our quality assurance chap was auditing one of the boffins down south, and found the rigor of his planning and record keeping left something to be desired. Big Eric was not one to let it lie, and kept on at the chap, who was substantially his senior, at least organisationally.

"I'm beginning to lose my temper here", the boffin exclaimed, verging on exasperation.

"I'm 19 stone and I play rugby league. You carry on and lose your temper, mate"

On average JT....how long did you have to sit with finger on button to get the job done.....quite well thought out technique actually, would never have thought of it me good self.....very creative.....twisted little bit, but creative.

The OP has grossly distorted the truth but again this should be a private matter (or better yet dropped).

Please keep the thread open, while I get a fresh bag of pop corn.

Don't get your hopes up on that mate. This thread should have never been opened in the first place. It was obviously just an attention seeking passive aggressive game.

The OP had a valid question/comment regarding the PM system. YOU are the one that bought yourself into this thread, your ego just couldn't leave it alone eh ?

LOL

totster :D

• Like 1

I'll hold your jacket...

Not at all.

I am just saying I have a strong defense which I am willing to share privately. Just be sure if you're buying his edited and twisted story, you are not getting anything remotely close to the actual story. This should not be a public matter. It shouldn't be a matter at all but the OP seemed intent on pushing it by posting this support issue which was obviously just a game to get attention about this private conflict.

JT ... it's your paranoia that has lead you to this situation where you are replying to comments are not even made.

The people who read this have been posters here a long time and well understand that your throwing of mud in your comments garnishes no favour with anyone.

There is no private conflict ... there is a simple request by me to have the PM system improved so that abusive and narky PM's sent can be open to scrutiny by both parties and thus the reporting system is required.

If you wish to self-incriminate, that is a decision only you can make.

But the louder you do protest, the more the eyes turn to you ... rightly or wrongly.

As Shakespeare once famously said ... 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks' ... apologies as I can't change the gender of the original quote.

• Like 2

Again, it was already explained how to BLOCK messages from anyone.

There is no technical problem.

Just use block.

The OP said he didn't want to block anyone, he just wanted the facility to be able to reply to someone who is obviously abusing (as you put it in a previous post, then edited) the PM system.

totster smile.png

OK, if you actually believe that was the real reason that the OP created this "issue" fine, would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me?

Again, it was already explained how to BLOCK messages from anyone.

There is no technical problem.

Just use block.

The OP said he didn't want to block anyone, he just wanted the facility to be able to reply to someone who is obviously abusing (as you put it in a previous post, then edited) the PM system.

totster smile.png

OK, if you actually believe that was the real reason that the OP created this "issue" fine, would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me?

Well, we all had no reason not to believe the OP's intention, then BOOM you made a drama out of it. In fact, the OP still has a valid point.. and unless you can provide a different version of events..... tough shit.

totster :D

You also would like a nice bridge?

I think he's yearning for a PM. coffee1.gif

OP, I just received a like for above post, which was quickly removed when I checked the post, which looks like similar behavior to your issue.

Could it be that we're talking about the same member ?

I would leave discussion of members to the Frankie Howerd forum, for the sake of the children

• Like 2

If you're actually going to take the OP's technical issue seriously (no I don't and I have good reasons) -- being able to block PM's is a good and useful feature and does NOT need fixing.

If a user believes he has received a PM with content that breaks any forum rules, and he can no longer view it, he may contact a mod and I am sure there is no problem at all to RECOVER the deleted text.

The OP is certainly able to do that with the recent PM string in question if he actually believes there is any rule violation in the content (and also not afraid to see the light of any long pattern of PROVOCATION come to light).

Again, I assert this isn't really about a technical problem. Because there is no problem. User PM block works as designed and it's a useful feature. On any questionable accusations of violating text in PMs, mods can recover ANYTHING deleted easily on request.

Edited by Jingthing

If a user believes he has received a PM with content that breaks any forum rules, and he can no longer view it, he may contact a mod and I am sure there is no problem at all to RECOVER the deleted text.

Are you saying JT that you actually send PM's out to members here, then block the member you have just sent the PM to and then delete the text of that PM ... rolleyes.gif

That sort of action sounds like covering tracks then that of an honest poster here.

• Like 2