IP Cameras in Thailand

Bmouthboyo

I bought a no name (on the box) internal PTZ IP camera in Amorn Electrical which works well and I am very pleased with it. Although it says PTZ on the box, that feature does not seem to exist that does not appear to exist.

It cost about 3,200 Baht (I think)

The IR range at night comes is about 10M or so and it also has a connector for 2 wired external alarm senors as well as the software movement detector which I have not tried.

I was so pleased with it I asked my local Amorn dealer in Ubon to get another one sent up from Bangkok

However when configuring the 2nd camera I messed up entering the administrator password and could find no means of resetting it. (It is entered as a single entry with no verification when done from the Android phone GUI). Thus although my view password was correct I could do no further configuration.

The manual was no help and a search on the web only pointed me to Chinese web sites which I was unable to read. However when I compared the camera to a Foxcon model it looked identical and sure enough the Foscam instructions pointed me to a pin hole reset button I had missed on the underside. The button had to be held for 30 seconds with power on.

Now I am not saying that just because my camera was made in Shenzen like Foscam, and looks identical that it is a Foscam copy, but the reset instructions worked perfectly.

On the front of the camera is the name Finex and it is a model FX-CIP 750.

• 1 month later...

I bought 4 Swann IP WiFi HD cameras the other day

does anyone have suggestions about a program to monitor the cameras on my desktop

also a good Android app ?

I would like to set them up to record when there is motion , maybe upload them to Google+ or Dropbox etc

plus send me an email notice that they have been activated,

yes Swann has an App but it seems to have problems

thanks for your help

does anyone have suggestions about a program to monitor the cameras on my desktop

I would like to set them up to record when there is motion , maybe upload them to Google+ or Dropbox etc

thanks for your help

Blue Iris.

Not free but the leader in this kind of software and has apps for Android and Iphone.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I am disappointed with Foscam supposed to be the best reliable cheap ones, so just as mobiles phones I will now buy cheaper products.

Can I know the brand of your ip cameras ? Are they sold on Lazada ?

It's hard to choose between cheapchineseshiiit and cheapsuperchineseshiiite as they all look the same.

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?sort=ratingdesc&dir=desc&q=%22ip+camera%22

Thank you for your help.

As mentioned Phantip plaza, ground floor on the far left, second or third shop counting from A&W have decent infrared wired/wireless outdoor ip cameras for 2100 Baht.

Have them in use for 3 years now without issues.

Shop is called SU Electronics.

• 1 month later...

Hello, can you tell me the exact model that you own ? I wonder if all the cheap camera can work well but maybe I should buy the same as you ? Do you have any link to buy it online on lazada or other places ? Waiting for your reply thank you.

As mentioned Phantip plaza, ground floor on the far left, second or third shop counting from A&W have decent infrared wired/wireless outdoor ip cameras for 2100 Baht.

Have them in use for 3 years now without issues.

Shop is called SU Electronics.

Can you explain me how it's possible that they don't sell the camera with a way to see it online ? Have you found a solution ? and should i buy the same as you or not ?

Sorry I think I posted many messages but didn't know that I would fine good information, please help me

thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Thread is a bit old but great topic heading so try to bump it up.

Anyone have recent experience with simple IP security camera, indoor, that you can access and view online. Looking at watashi and kobi but hard to find any info in English on them.

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers

1 minute ago, kuma said:

Thread is a bit old but great topic heading so try to bump it up.

Anyone have recent experience with simple IP security camera, indoor, that you can access and view online. Looking at watashi and kobi but hard to find any info in English on them.

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers

Got mine from Lazada use both here in Thailand and back in UK.

http://www.lazada.co.th/vstarcam-hd-onvif-c7837-black-13323397.html?spm=a2o4l.category-040707050000.0.0.0NHlOB&ff=1&sc=ETcT

Can also have them sent c.o.d which is always a plus here.

24 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Got mine from Lazada use both here in Thailand and back in UK.

http://www.lazada.co.th/vstarcam-hd-onvif-c7837-black-13323397.html?spm=a2o4l.category-040707050000.0.0.0NHlOB&ff=1&sc=ETcT

Can also have them sent c.o.d which is always a plus here.

Hey Charlie

Great thanks for quick reply, still walking around Fortune now, will look out for one.

Cheers