IP Cameras in Thailand

Bmouthboyo

Could anyone recommend any Thai based outlets that sell IP Cameras for a home surveillance setup? Nothing too fancy just something I can network POE to my home server and keep an eye on things when away. I am based in BKK if that helps.

cheers

As mentioned Phantip plaza, ground floor on the far left, second or third shop counting from A&W have decent infrared wired/wireless outdoor ip cameras for 2100 Baht.

Have them in use for 3 years now without issues.

Shop is called SU Electronics.

If you are looking for an online shop this one sells Foscam

http://www.warf.com/

I was going to recommend warf, I just bought my second Foscam from them and they gave me a replacement power supply for my old one for free. Also bough my 2nd raspberry pi from them. Very helpful and excellent customer service, tell Sandy that Kevin sent you, she'll hook you up!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus SlimKat using Tapatalk

If you have an old android mobile, you can set one up for free. There is an app to turn it into an IP cam. They would have battery backup built in.

Try it out it might work for you, having said that for a stable long term solution a dedicated device would be the way to go.

• 2 months later...

Why not buy it directly from china? Cheaper and lots of options.

720p (1Megapixel) cameras can be found as low as 70-80 usd nowadays, why bother with VGA ones starting at 2000-3000 baht sold in Thailand?

Please provide a link where a 1mp pixel wireless day/night outdoor IP camera can be bought include shipping to Thailand at 70 - 80 US$ .

I will buy a truck load of them.

720p (1Megapixel) cameras can be found as low as 70-80 usd nowadays, why bother with VGA ones starting at 2000-3000 baht sold in Thailand?

Please provide a link where a 1mp pixel wireless day/night outdoor IP camera can be bought include shipping to Thailand at 70 - 80 US$ .

http://www.focalprice.com/HA0181W/iProbot_3_14_Inch_CMOS_Sensor_Wireless_HD_Network_Camera_with.html

I have one unopened box tenvis iprobot 3 (bought extra) if you would like to buy locally.

This model is day/night (auto) with enough IR leds to lighten a normal size room. It does have android / ios apps to stream video and rotate camera aswell.

http://www.focalprice.com/HA0181W/iProbot_3_14_Inch_CMOS_Sensor_Wireless_HD_Network_Camera_with.html

I have one unopened box tenvis iprobot 3 (bought extra) if you would like to buy locally.

This model is day/night (auto) with enough IR leds to lighten a normal size room. It does have android / ios apps to stream video and rotate camera aswell.

The cheapest wireless outdoor camera I can find on that site is 126$, or almost double of the price the ones at Panthip groundfloor. Still interested in the 70$ ones.

Edited by JesseFrank

The cheapest wireless outdoor camera I can find on that site is 126$, or almost double of the price the ones at Panthip groundfloor. Still interested in the 70$ ones.

I haven't noticed that you were looking for outdoor camera. Outdoor ones can't rotate and yes they are more expensive but I doubt you can find it cheaper and 720P H.264 resolution at pantip around 70 usd. For 70 usd you can buy VGA ones.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-6mm-Lens-Plug-Play-Wireless-WiFi-1-0-Megapixel-HD-Outdoor-Weatherproof-H-264-IR/1477213976.html

A good price indeed!

Aliexpress has more choice but you should be careful when you buy from non-reputable sellers as there are scammers in aliexpress.

Edited by muratremix

I sure never said that Foscam are the best cameras, just in my opinion one of the better ones at that price point. As with most things, you get what you pay for. I have a total of 7 Foscam cameras, they do the job for me, but I'm sure that there are many that are just as good or better.

One of the big things to check before buying any camera is the apps that are available to view them on your mobile devices.

I would need one that triggers with motion detector,

is H.264 resolution important ,

are there Chinese clones that use the same componants as Foscam ?

please compare the WiFi and Ethernet ,

And how do you cut the number of false positives ? I have a cheap "clock spy cam " and if the sun goes behind a cloud it triggers

Do you get a notice by SMS or email ?

I would get a SMS for every cloud that moves or a cat runs across the yard !

I should mention that out of the 7 Foscam cameras I have, 6 are Mjpeg 8910W and one is an H264 9821W V2. Even though these are all "indoor" cameras, all but 2 are mounted outside under the eaves so not exposed to rain and have been working fine for almost 2 years now. For me the more expensive 9821W is not worth the extra money, however my son has a 9831W and he is pretty impressed with that, but it is double the price of the old tech 8910W.

I find it odd that even though the 9821W is H264 compression it is consistently the last camera to show an image when I use either Foscam Pro or LiveCams Pro to view on my iPhone.

If you are looking for an online shop this one sells Foscam

http://www.warf.com/

They ran out of the best Foscam and it seems that no other shops sell them in Thailand ?

Pantip and other places in BKK sell only shit Chinese things...

Are you all sure that Foscam are better ?

I have 9 of those shit Chinese things for 4 years now and they are doing pretty well.

I hooked up my cheap "spy clock" today , just put it on the window sill by the front porch

I see the problem is it is too good , a branch on the tree moves and it takes a picture,

I had almost 1000 pictures in 6 hours almost filling a 2gb SD card ,

BUT,,,,,,the mail man showed up and it took very good pictures of him , good enough for a police line up !

So if you had it set up in a place with a still back ground it would work pretty good in sun light ,