The simple pleasures of living - visiting Thailand

David48

Being able to turn the air conditoning on year round - home got almost 50cm of snow this week.

I love zapping the mossies :) they don't bother me much but it's fun especially since the FIL has tried to guilt me by saying they only live 7-14 days so I should leave them alone, now I have a swing like Andy Murray with my zapper racquet.

• Like 1

While there is a sea breeze, there is no ocean breeze in Thailand.

Really? You pick up a Thai woman for getting the difference between ocean and sea wrong. Dude you need to get out more

I'd like to get out to here if in this part of the world:

pesona-keindahan-pulau-nias-2.jpg

No. That's why they call an ocean an ocean and a sea or Gulf something else. Maybe I just act viscerally 'cause of all the times I'm asked why do you live in (boring) Isaan when you could live on Samui or at Phuket? I think this way (lyrics by Stephen Sondheim in 'west Side Story'):

ROSALIA
Puerto Rico,
You lovely island . . .
Island of tropical breezes.
Always the pineapples growing,
Always the coffee blossoms blowing . . .

ANITA
Puerto Rico . . .
You ugly island . . .
Island of tropic diseases.
Always the hurricanes blowing,
Always the population growing . . .
And the money owing,
And the babies crying,
And the bullets flying.
I like the island Manhattan.
Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've always found the sea breeze to be a surprising pleasure here in Phitsanulok...................wink.png

Really? You pick up a Thai woman for getting the difference between ocean and sea wrong. Dude you need to get out more

There is no ocean in Thailand? The sea and the ocean are not the same thing?

He is correct you need to give yourself a shake! Boring.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no ocean in Thailand? The sea and the ocean are not the same thing?
He is correct you need to give yourself a shake! Boring.

I totally thought that ocean and the sea are the same thing, so...please don't give me a hard time on this.

Ms. Som -- I, at least, certainly did not intend to give you a hard time. The biggest non-technical difference between an ocean and a sea, gulf, or strait is the presence of waves that have traveled hundreds or thousands of miles before reaching the shore.

• Like 1

"I totally thought that ocean and the sea are the same thing, so...please don't give me a hard time on this"

Don't get your knickers in a knot. The crab is only nit picking tis all. Although technically in a geographic sense he may be correct. Think of it as a sea being more enclosed such as the Mediterranean sea or the Black sea (but still connected to the ocean) but as I said before when it comes to more open bodies of water such as the Tasman sea it becomes a gray - or blue area, nitpicker's heaven.

• Like 1

Ms. Som -- I, at least, certainly did not intend to give you a hard time. The biggest non-technical difference between an ocean and a sea, gulf, or strait is the presence of waves that have traveled hundreds or thousands of miles before reaching the shore.

I, at least? Man up. You were the only one giving her a hard time.

• Like 2

Too much time on his hands...JL should take up sailing in the sea sorry ocean...sorry sea

Too much time on his hands...JL should take up sailing in the sea sorry ocean...sorry sea

Thanks guys. My point is that I love the sun, the sand, the beach and sea/ocean breeze. I can swim in the sea all day long and won't get tired of it. I know most Thai girls don't like to be out in the sun or sea but I love it.

• Like 2

In post #6 I made a simple 65 character (I checked on Twitter) statement that I believe is fully accurate. So it seems the reaction comes from persons who may also have a lot of time on their hands. Me? -- I'm just waiting for activities to pick up at the UN in Geneva and the European Commission in Brussels.

During the rainy season I just love sitting on the balcony watching the rain out on that blue piece of water, then watch it come in to land. I stay until the rain drives me inside. And, of course watching the lightning. Weather can be awesome and free. It doesn't get much better than that.

Yep ... watching the tropical thunderstorms hit is an amazing event ... if you are home and dry.

I can't see the sea from the Farm, but we can watch it roll in across the various Farm Ponds.

Usually we are tucked in under the big carport and sitting on the drop-down gate of the pick-up ... and just admiring nature.

Cold bevvie doesn't go astray during this either.