Can My Kids Be Prime Minister

Neeranam

I know that there are 'look kreung' or half-castes in the Thai government but want to know if there are any regulations or rules to be Prime Minister. I remember a Thai/Scottish Minister of Health.

Looking at the 12 I have known, I think my kids could do a better job than 11 of them.

See Thai Constitution of 2007 Article 174 which basically says a Thai (Prime) Minister must be Thai nationality by birth, not less than 35 years old, and holding Bachelor degree and other things such as not having a criminal record, etc.

Section 171 details the situation of the Prime Minister as appointed by HMtheK

https://www.constituteproject.org/constitution/Thailand_2007.pdf

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Your kids might have a slight chance if you're extremely wealthy. For example: if your kid would like to start as a "small" police, you will have to pay THB. 250.000.-;

if your kid would like to become a teacher, you will have to pay at least THB. 500.000.- (if absolutely not competent it could raise upto 1.000.000.-); if your kid graduates as a lawyer, it would cost you at least THB. 1.000.000.- to start. Of course all these payments are "under the table".

Now you might figure out an idea about the cost to become a "prime minister"...Good Luck!

P.S. This has been tested and is real!...And it all comes with the "Amazing Smile"...

• Like 1

They must be taught a steady dose of corruption from birth...your children are probably too old now to learn that selfish corruption...lying...deceit...padding the off-shore accounts...is all that matters...sorry...

• Like 1

The answer to the OP`s question is a big, NO.

In many government related positions, both parents have to be full blooded Thais or at least hold Thai citizenship.

My son is a police officer in Chiang Mai and usually both parents have to be Thai citizens, but because his Thai cousin is also in the force he managed to get in, but it was touch and go at the time, a one off actually. And before anyone asks, no there was no backhand payments made to get him in, that`s my story and I`m sticking by it.

As regarding the position of Thailand`s prime ministry, definitely both parents and probably all grandparents must be full blown Thais, no matter even if they were born abroad, or at least of South East Asian decent. For example, a distant Chinese ancestry is acceptable.

Your kids might have a slight chance if you're extremely wealthy. For example: if your kid would like to start as a "small" police, you will have to pay THB. 250.000.-;

if your kid would like to become a teacher, you will have to pay at least THB. 500.000.- (if absolutely not competent it could raise upto 1.000.000.-); if your kid graduates as a lawyer, it would cost you at least THB. 1.000.000.- to start. Of course all these payments are "under the table".

Now you might figure out an idea about the cost to become a "prime minister"...Good Luck!

P.S. This has been tested and is real!...And it all comes with the "Amazing Smile"...

500,000 baht to become a teacher and male 11.000 a month? Is there a lot of tea money in teaching? I guess i will ask my teacher friends who make dick and didnt pay a dime for their job.

• Like 1

The answer to the OP`s question is a big, NO.

In many government related positions, both parents have to be full blooded Thais or at least hold Thai citizenship.

My son is a police officer in Chiang Mai and usually both parents have to be Thai citizens, but because his Thai cousin is also in the force he managed to get in, but it was touch and go at the time, a one off actually. And before anyone asks, no there was no backhand payments made to get him in, that`s my story and I`m sticking by it.

As regarding the position of Thailand`s prime ministry, definitely both parents and probably all grandparents must be full blown Thais, no matter even if they were born abroad, or at least of South East Asian decent. For example, a distant Chinese ancestry is acceptable.

Well, without wanting to hurt anybody on this forum now. But Miss Thailand from a German guy made girl.

Anybody with a brain is not able to become THE Prime Minister of a country now. Please keep it simple and understand Ying's luck.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

What a load of spherical objects,wrapped in a scrotum.

I guess it was about twenty years back when the PM from Suphanburi was embroiled in a bit of baiting from journalists about his background and qualifications being acceptable. Bearing in mind that a PM was meant to have a degree it was announced from the said PM's office that the PM did indeed have a degree and this was a degree in the French language. At a press conference he was asked something to verify this, which if i remember correctly was " comment allez-vous?" . The reply shot back quick as a flash: " alai wa!"

• Like 1

It is possible and you're right to be concerned.

Unfortunately we cannot control every aspect of our progeny's lives, however I firmly believe that by instilling the values of honesty and ethical behaviour into them at an early age it is possible to minimize the chances of something like this happening. Take the time to be involved in your child's life, become familiar with his or her friends and interests and, above all, be ready to take drastic action if they appear to be falling in with the wrong crowd.

Some might call you paranoid, but really you can't be too careful when it comes to kids.

Edited by cocopops

500,000 baht to become a teacher and male 11.000 a month? Is there a lot of tea money in teaching? I guess i will ask my teacher friends who make dick and didnt pay a dime for their job.

Poppycock. My GF comes from a very poor family. The loan she took out to get her 2nd degree was 200,000 and that was for fees, books, uniform etc and some living costs over 3 years. So in effect her degree cost 200,000 legitimately.

As a teacher her last job's salary was 15000 pm, and job hunting now, she says she expects 17,000 but will start off asking for 20,000. 11,000 sounds like you must mean for a kindergarten teacher.

are they corrupt? lol

Everyone is corrupt mate, just to different levels. Chuan Leekpai sadly failed because he wasn't corrupt enough.

SAD COMMENTARY ON YOUR LIFE..!! Many folks are not corrupt and fight corruption of all types; economic, moral, political.

Up till one point, MPs with foreign fathers needed higher educational qualifications to enter parliament than those with Thai national fathers.

The constitutional court ruled that illegal in the late 90s from memory. So the only real requirement is that they are natural born Thai citizens.

Which is in some ways better than the rights I have in Australia where as a dual national I am constitutionally barred from being an MP given I technically bear alleigence to a foreign power.

• Like 1

In USA only a natural born i.e. non-naturalized citizen can become president which is why Henry Kissinger or Arnold Schwarzenegger could not become president although they both think by all rights they should have so become.

good pension for Thai teachers

You should ask

- would they want to be?

- would you want them to be?

- would the Thai people want them to be?

BTW, I think I've read here on TV that these half breeds are now conscripted or allowed into the Thai Army.

If this is the case, this seems to answer your question. But TIT could make it dubious...

The only way to check - let them join the protests in the streets and make a run for the job. biggrin.png

Edited by ABCer