Is It Just Me?

Crossy

As of this morning (Monday) I am being constantly logged out of the forum, just moving around between fora seems to do it, suddenly reverting to being 'guest'.

I've deleted cookies, run virus / malware scan, rebooted PC, all to no avail. Once even got logged out immediately after logging in :o

Any ideas????

You are allowing cookies? Do you have multi browsers you can check with? I have not had it happen and this seems to be the first report so it would appear to be at your end. Any change of spyware/anti-virus/firewall/browser since yesterday (or day before as may have only effected after a reboot)?

I do know what you are going through as did have it happen to me on another forum several times a couple of years ago. Don't believe ever found a reason.

Happens with both IE and Opera, cookies are enabled, AFAIK nothing has changed.

It's possible it only happens in the office, I'll report when I get home tonight.

EDIT: It actually logged me out whilst I was making this post.

Edited by Crossy

I am going to move this to the computer forum as perhaps they will have some bright ideas for you to try. Is there any other forum you could try and see if it also is a problem? Is your browser opening a new window for each page? Chasing my tail now - will move and hope someone can pin it down.

Well, it would appear to be something in the configuration in the office, god knows what as yet.

It's not just ThaiVisa, FredMiranda.com behaves in a similar way.

Same computer works fine at home :o

Thanks for the assistance thus far. Meanwhile, anyone got any idea what's likely adrift in the office, all was fine last week.

Cheers,DC

Have you got Zonealarm on as a firewall? I had awful trouble with the trial version of Zonealarm Pro giving me all sorts of odd effects but when the trial period expired and it dropped back to the ordinary free version the troubles disappeared.

Just a thought.

A good thought!

At first sight it could have something to do with "Private headers", but I don't think that's the cause here. Private headers are part of the HTTP-protocol, their major function is to hold information of which page, you last visited, but a web-programmer can also use them as a quick-and-dirty way of keeping track of whether you have logged in.

I made my first website that quick-and-dirty way. Worked perfectly (on my computer) until I upgraded to a paid version of ZoneAlarm. The reason is that the pro-version has an option to "Remove private header information" (Privacy --> Custom).

However, I've just tested it. Checked that option, logged in, surfed Thaivisa --- no problem. (So one can conclude ThaiVisa isn't implemented that quick-and-dirty way)

Just to close the loop, it's now fixed :o

Unfortunately our Thai IT man is not about to tell me (or anyone else) what he did but it was associated with a new router that was installed over the weekend (configuration error).

It didn't just affect TV, lack of Hotmail (actually all webmail) was the chief reason it got fixed.