Buy 2 pay 1 at Rimping

tropico

I'm shocked!

I am shocked that you are shocked!

No seriously. How did this trivial little matter, that should have been settled directly with the vendor, ever get to two pages?

The OP thinks he is getting a bargain, which he did not get and the vendor got rid of goods, I believe in good faith, to clear his stock. By posting directly here on a forum the vendor has not been informed of the alleged defect in his merchandise and given a chance to correct the defect and stop others from buying the same ‘defective’ product.

Caveat Emptor especially with bargains!

An imported box of cereal usually 225 baht, buy one get one free.

Too much loss, so somethings not right with it.

As I said, I've bought loads of them and never had a problem. Are you saying I'm wrong?

If you bear in mind the number of products that they sell at the regular price compared to the occasional few they sell at a loss because they are near their sell by date, I think they're well up. I also perceive Rimping as a store that would refund without much fuss. Either way, I'm a happy customer.

Of course not, why are you making it personal? I'm just questioning how a store can take such a hit on an imported product (and presumably still make a nice profit). When they have 2 for 1 there are certainly have a lot of them, so the supplier obviously wants to get rid of them cheaply. I have looked at the sell by date on some of the deals and they often have a year to go, so it's not just that factor.

If what you eat suits you then that's entirely your business.smile.png

Most people dont't realise that the English language is just as tonal as Thai . My words were spoken with a tone of disbelief that someone could think I could possibly be mistaken as opposed to a tone of indignation. They were written with no intonation, unfortunately.

In case anyone else should misinterpret any of my future comments please bear in mind that nothing here surprises me, I couldn't possibly be offended by comments from people I've never met, and I am almost certainly more likely to be amused by any replies to my posts than annoyed, irrespective of their tone or intent. All good fun, as far as I'm concerned.

The 'tone' of this conversation is going downhill rapidly. Lets not make a 'cereal' out of it!

Of course not, why are you making it personal? I'm just questioning how a store can take such a hit on an imported product (and presumably still make a nice profit). When they have 2 for 1 there are certainly have a lot of them, so the supplier obviously wants to get rid of them cheaply. I have looked at the sell by date on some of the deals and they often have a year to go, so it's not just that factor.

Most people dont't realise that the English language is just as tonal as Thai . My words were spoken with a tone of disbelief that someone could think I could possibly be mistaken as opposed to a tone of indignation. They were written with no intonation, unfortunately.

In case anyone else should misinterpret any of my future comments please bear in mind that nothing here surprises me, I couldn't possibly be offended by comments from people I've never met, and I am almost certainly more likely to be amused by any replies to my posts than annoyed, irrespective of their tone or intent. All good fun, as far as I'm concerned.

The 'tone' of this conversation is going downhill rapidly. Lets not make a 'cereal' out of it!

If you ever find yourself being banned and not knowing why, let me enlighten you....... It's probably because your puns are getting worse, if that's possible. Your last one really took the biscuit.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

If you ever find yourself being banned and not knowing why, let me enlighten you....... It's probably because your puns are getting worse, if that's possible. Your last one really took the biscuit.

Touche! But in my defence I was only 'half baked' at the time!

...or the product may not have been stored or transported properly before arriving at the store.

Suspect that accounts for a big chunk of it. Very common for pasta to have weevils in it due to excess humidity.

Had this problem years ago and apparently its the eggs in the pasta [very very small] and as pasta is not cooked in manufacturing process but is dried, the eggs survive..

I've never heard of a link between weevils and excess humidity before...interesting..

Is this a fact or just your deduction?

PS i know that in some places people freeze all their susceptible products to kill the eggs/lavae..

Just what I read on the internet. The suggestion was that it was while being stored/transported somewhere in the supply chain. Yes I freeze pasta now as a matter of course.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In marketing it is called a "loss leader" the thought being, "i'll stop by limping to to check out the bogof deals" then while you are there you throw a bunch of profitable items in your cart..... they know their business.

Also, the intent of two for one offer and similar can simple be to build market awareness, sometimes with new products, sometimes because market share is falling, sometimes because there are suddenly several new competitors, etc.

Contact the tourist police ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the Tourist Police, summon the United Nations War Crimes Commission.

OMG, some people will grizzle about anything.

Oh, and by the way, the ENTIRE World knows that the "Use By Dates are purely a GUIDE" You are not going to drop dead or have your weenie fall off if you eat the stuff a week or so after the suggested date.

To all those good folks who ticked the "Like Box" on my earlier post, many thanks! My wife and I have been shopping there for years and most of the time the service has been excellent.

We do however hope, that with Rimping opening so many new stores, the quality of Service and Staff Product Knowledge can be maintained. It has fallen-off just a tad at the store near the Airport in recent times, perhaps this has been because of the introduction of New Un-trained staff. Fingers Crossed because we enjoy shopping there. (Hint to RIMPING Management!)

Contact the tourist police ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the Tourist Police, summon the United Nations War Crimes Commission.

OMG, some people will grizzle about anything.

Oh, and by the way, the ENTIRE World knows that the "Use By Dates are purely a GUIDE" You are not going to drop dead or have your weenie fall off if you eat the stuff a week or so after the suggested date.

To all those good folks who ticked the "Like Box" on my earlier post, many thanks! My wife and I have been shopping there for years and most of the time the service has been excellent.

We do however hope, that with Rimping opening so many new stores, the quality of Service and Staff Product Knowledge can be maintained. It has fallen-off just a tad at the store near the Airport in recent times, perhaps this has been because of the introduction of New Un-trained staff. Fingers Crossed because we enjoy shopping there. (Hint to RIMPING Management!)

What is the point of the OP making his 'original' complaint here and you 'hoping, crossing fingers and hinting' on a forum. Have you or the OP made your point(s) direct to Rimping?

Do you think Rimping and others are going to waste their time reading this drivel and take action on it?

Get a life, please, and join the real world, even in CM!

Edited by scottishjohn

Rim Ping will not be loosing any money on the buy 1 and get 1 free,

it will be a promotion from the importer,who has stock to move either

because he over bought or the product did not sell as well as hoped,

and the sell by date is approaching ,so it has to be moved.

I suspect the importer will not be making a loss either as the products

usually sell at double the price here than in country of origin.

I especially like the 1+1 free on the Shredded Wheat,and usually stock

up with 3 pks,somethings you have to buy when they are there as you may

not see them for a while,in the past the same product was not available for

several years, at present the supply of most imported products is not too bad.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Is Rimping itself immune from overbuying etc.?

Is Rimping itself immune from overbuying etc.?

Well I would think so,as they don't have a central warehouse and only order what they

need from the Wholesaler,Distributor or Importer,delivered direct to each store.so the

manager of each store would not have room to store large amounts of goods.

regards worgeordie

Amazing that a title like 2 for 1 at Rimping gets 1100 viewings-maybe we all need to get out more?? Maybe to Rimping to snap up some bargains.

Not sure why I read it - I think I was hoping for a heads-up on a new bargain. So I could spend 200 baht on something I didnt really want, just to get 2 of those things I didnt really want. And I surely would have spent a lot more while there. maybe there marketinmg is not so crazy..

• Like 1

I haven't seen Australian capricorn

Licorice at RIMPINGS in ages

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Nice to see the original topic has been taken off course again as usual!

That licorice is worth going off topic for, if it is that gourmet stuff. I just wish that they would have a two for one sale on that.

• Like 2

If you buy two, that means you pay for two.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

and you get 4

As for the supplier over ordering. It seems to me that it is almost always the same ones over ordering when will they learn. I have on occasion bought some of the products and had no problem with them.

Don't recall seeing it in Rimping but the one that really get's me is the one at Tops when they have Oreo cookies buy 2 get one free. I can't resist that bargain. For sure I don't need them either but you do what you got to do.sad.png

Edited by northernjohn

I bought a piece of Swiss cheese at Rimping yesterday.

Kiwi "Mainland" brand, very good stuff. I usually would not hassle with returning such an item but this one piece of cheese had obviously been frozen solid at some point, which destroys the texture making it dry and crumbly. The benefit of returning it other than the refund or exchange I would get it is management of Rimping is made aware of the problem. Then they can take actions to address the issue, and avoid any other disappointment or unnecessary customer returns. A professional management organization in retail sales welcomes customer feedback as they constantly endeavor to improve and enhance the complete shopping experience.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1