Friendly bars

JGV

any place where the majority are NOT too old too fat or too British ?

you can delete any one of the three adjectives and ask the same q

i kind of joke here and kind of not joke too

sorry if i seem shallow but i find along with these traits often come certain attitudes as well

pardon me if i said the wrong thing

simply an observation

AND THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS wai2.gif

• Like 2

Rich Man Poor Man restaurant in Jomtien seems to be a hangout of sorts mostly for American golfer types who smoke ... coffee1.gif

They are quite talkative and loud.

I'm not judging.

The owner is very pleasant as well ,

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Rich Man Poor Man restaurant in Jomtien seems to be a hangout of sorts mostly for American golfer types who smoke ... coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

I'm not judging.

Maybe if you are an American golfer. I stayed there for a few weeks once, could barely get a "hello" out of the guy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Rich Man Poor Man restaurant in Jomtien seems to be a hangout of sorts mostly for American golfer types who smoke ... coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

I'm not judging.

Maybe if you are an American golfer. I stayed there for a few weeks once, could barely get a "hello" out of the guy.

Ouch! Having a Northeastern American accent helps too!

I'm not judging.

Ouch! Having a Northeastern American accent helps too!

I am NOT bashing Pattaya nor am i saying that it can not be a friendly place depending on many factors HOWEVER it may just be the least friendly town/city in all of Thailand so far that i have seen.

I would never tell anyone to go to pattya first, in fact avoid it.

Again not bashing, it's just not what I would call the 'real' Thailand.

Though there are pockets of genuine thainess!!!

There are loads of bars all with a smattering of expats. You'll learn to weed out the &lt;deleted&gt; if you have some common sense.

There are plenty of top guys about I have friends from all Nationalities there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Looking to find new friends - male for chat

Any recommended in Pattaya or Jomtien

I am not after bar girl Their conversation very limited

See I already disagree with the premise.. I find male Pattaya (s)expats very limited in their conversation. As opposed to many of the bar staff, who can be both interesting and make you pick up a thing or two about Thailand. (Good things or bad things they may be, but they'd be real things.)

Moving on to answering the question.. If I wanted to chat with guys I would NOT pick one of the expat hangouts.. Very cliquey, very narrow minded folks mostly. I would pick smaller places that have a couple guys in, preferably a mix of tourists / frequent visitors and expats, and if at all possible a mix of ages. That's not a single place that I can recommend because that mix of people changes by the hour.

• Like 1