Ramayana Water Park

gkroo

I can confirm this report. A neighbor sent a grop of 5 of her kids and kid's friends to Rama today and she reported the power outage to me. Don't know how long it lasted. Did your party actually ask for some type of compensation? Maybe call or Facebook them about free or discounted entry next time.

On another point, this middle-class family (almost by American standards) had no compunction about the 1000 baht entry price for these 5 adult price children. It seems it's mostly farangs who are pissing and moaning about the pricing.

As I stated in my original report , had I been there there surely would have been a ranting farang, but the group were all Thais so mai pen rai kicked in

Further investigation revealed that 2 little ones got in for free, one child got in at the child price, and 5 paid full price. When I asked about receipt so I could complain to the Consumer Protection Board was told the receipts were the plastic wrist bands that of course were discarded upon leaving

This in not a matter of mostly farangs who are pissing and moaning about the pricing but a complaint and a warning to the community about paying and then not getting the service paid for

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm this report. A neighbor sent a grop of 5 of her kids and kid's friends to Rama today and she reported the power outage to me. Don't know how long it lasted. Did your party actually ask for some type of compensation? Maybe call or Facebook them about free or discounted entry next time.

On another point, this middle-class family (almost by American standards) had no compunction about the 1000 baht entry price for these 5 adult price children. It seems it's mostly farangs who are pissing and moaning about the pricing.

As I stated in my original report , had I been there there surely would have been a ranting farang, but the group were all Thais so mai pen rai kicked in

Further investigation revealed that 2 little ones got in for free, one child got in at the child price, and 5 paid full price. When I asked about receipt so I could complain to the Consumer Protection Board was told the receipts were the plastic wrist bands that of course were discarded upon leaving

This in not a matter of mostly farangs who are pissing and moaning about the pricing but a complaint and a warning to the community about paying and then not getting the service paid for

Incorrect. Paper register receipts are give at the entrance when the entry fee is paid. Wrist bands are also given but are not receipts but so people can put money on deposit for buying food, drinks, towel and locker rentals, etc. without having to carry around their wallet all day (can just out valuables in a locker if you rent one). The remaining balance is refunded when you leave.

As I said, post the issue on FB and see what the response (staying within Thailands libel and defamation laws). If the outage was for more than an hour or two, I would agree youre entitled to half-price or free admission next time (if it was their electrical system that went down and not a general power outage in the area).

My second comment about the cost was not directed to your post but to previous ones complaining about park pricing.

As your party was from Korat, unless they were also coming to Patts to do other things as well, if they just wanted the waterpark, why didnt they go to the closer one in Khao Yai?. My understanding is that there is a new waterpark just outside Mu Si, Pak Chong, near the northern entry to the park.

http://bk.asia-city.com/travel/news/khao-yai-unveils-massive-theme-and-water-park

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Incorrect. Paper register receipts are give at the entrance when the entry fee is paid. Wrist bands are also given but are not receipts but so people can put money on deposit for buying food, drinks, towel and locker rentals, etc. without having to carry around their wallet all day (can just out valuables in a locker if you rent one). The remaining balance is refunded when you leave.

As I said, post the issue on FB and see what the response (staying within Thailands libel and defamation laws). If the outage was for more than an hour or two, I would agree youre entitled to half-price or free admission next time (if it was their electrical system that went down and not a general power outage in the area).

My second comment about the cost was not directed to your post but to previous ones complaining about park pricing.

As your party was from Korat, unless they were also coming to Patts to do other things as well, if they just wanted the waterpark, why didnt they go to the closer one in Khao Yai?. My understanding is that there is a new waterpark just outside Mu Si, Pak Chong, near the northern entry to the park.

http://bk.asia-city.com/travel/news/khao-yai-unveils-massive-theme-and-water-park

Why are you even questioning why the party came here, instead of going to one closer to home ?

Not that it is any of your business, but they went to Cartoon Network last year and wanted to try Ramayana this time. And since school starts up there they only had three days, one for travel, one here, and one to go back

As fat as the paper receipt, why would anyone even think that they would need to keep it once they got their wrist bands ? Three hour electrical outages are not one of the things you anticipate

Why are you even questioning why the party came here, instead of going to one closer to home ?

Not that it is any of your business, but they went to Cartoon Network last year and wanted to try Ramayana this time. And since school starts up there they only had three days, one for travel, one here, and one to go back

As fat as the paper receipt, why would anyone even think that they would need to keep it once they got their wrist bands ? Three hour electrical outages are not one of the things you anticipate

I dont care why they chose Rama Park, just saying that if all they're looking for is a nice new waterpark, there is that option closer to home (or maybe they have already been). I'm sorry for them having their day at the park ruined by that power outage, especially as they traveled so far.

As for the receipt, when I make purchases, especially a rather large one like this park entrance fee, I dont immediately throw them away but keep them for a day or so until I clean out my wallet. I guess I'm just strange that way. ?

So I took a group of 3 kids (adults) and myself to the Ramayana Waterpark the other day and here is my report. Its located directly behind the Silver Lake Winery complex, about 25 minutes drive from Pattaya. There was ample free parking. The prices are on their website...pricing is by height...under 90cm ("kids") is free...90-122 ("child") is 790, and anything over is "adults" at 990. There are some rides where kids and children aren't allowed.

attachicon.gif20160510_165841.jpg

There are also some family pricing plans with two "adults" and 1-3 children (again by height...not age).

attachicon.gif20160510_165810.jpg

I went to the Cartoon Amazone park a year ago so will make a few comparisons between them. The Ramayana park is maybe twice the size of Cartoon and therefore a bit more spread out. It is much more of a park-like setting (especially with the areas surrounding hillsides). There are allot of trees and greenery about, which is pleasant and not something I recall much of at Cartoon. There is also allot more free comfortable shaded chairs and sun-beds spread throughout the park...something that was a bit lacking when I was at Cartoon. Also, food and beverage operations receives more emphasis at Ramayana compared to Cartoon. The main lounging area at the wave-pool has each lounge station equipped with a call button to summon a food service worker...how convient.

attachicon.gif20160510_135949.jpg

There is also a large Central restaurant with both Thai and Western food at not outrageous prices (Thai over-rice dishes about 150 and Western 250 or so); as well as a kids cafe and adult swim-up bar. There is also a Western grill and pizzas. (There is even Bangers and Mash to draw in the Bua Khow crowd but the B295 price may scare them away ?) The Thai food we ordered was very good and the portions generous.

attachicon.gif20160510_160846.jpg

thanks for report, what I liked in Cartoon, was the free flaw surfing

http://www.cartoonnetworkamazone.com/surf-arena/

So I took a group of 3 kids (adults) and myself to the Ramayana Waterpark the other day and here is my report. Its located directly behind the Silver Lake Winery complex, about 25 minutes drive from Pattaya. There was ample free parking. The prices are on their website...pricing is by height...under 90cm ("kids") is free...90-122 ("child") is 790, and anything over is "adults" at 990. There are some rides where kids and children aren't allowed.

attachicon.gif20160510_165841.jpg

There are also some family pricing plans with two "adults" and 1-3 children (again by height...not age).

attachicon.gif20160510_165810.jpg

I went to the Cartoon Amazone park a year ago so will make a few comparisons between them. The Ramayana park is maybe twice the size of Cartoon and therefore a bit more spread out. It is much more of a park-like setting (especially with the areas surrounding hillsides). There are allot of trees and greenery about, which is pleasant and not something I recall much of at Cartoon. There is also allot more free comfortable shaded chairs and sun-beds spread throughout the park...something that was a bit lacking when I was at Cartoon. Also, food and beverage operations receives more emphasis at Ramayana compared to Cartoon. The main lounging area at the wave-pool has each lounge station equipped with a call button to summon a food service worker...how convient.

attachicon.gif20160510_135949.jpg

There is also a large Central restaurant with both Thai and Western food at not outrageous prices (Thai over-rice dishes about 150 and Western 250 or so); as well as a kids cafe and adult swim-up bar. There is also a Western grill and pizzas. (There is even Bangers and Mash to draw in the Bua Khow crowd but the B295 price may scare them away ?) The Thai food we ordered was very good and the portions generous.

attachicon.gif20160510_160846.jpg

thanks for report, what I liked in Cartoon, was the free flaw surfing

http://www.cartoonnetworkamazone.com/surf-arena/

Yes, that's one feature I didn't see at Ramayana. However, Ramayana has a couple dedicated children's pools and an adults pool/pool bar, which Cartoon doesn't have.

Go to Dino waterpark in Khon Kaen better than all of them CN included.

Go to Dino waterpark in Khon Kaen better than all of them CN included.

http://www.dinowaterpark.com/home?lang=en

Dino waterpark is 500 Baht for adults and 300 for children....

I think this is a great price point where almost every one can afford to

go in Thailand...And the park can also do well....

Edited by fforest1

So there you have it. Please have a look at the slides page before comparing... it is absolutely the same features if not better than Ramayana or CN... but still only half/one third of the price and they operate in a low income area. Pricewise, sure we are being taken for a ride down here.

So there you have it. Please have a look at the slides page before comparing... it is absolutely the same features if not better than Ramayana or CN... but still only half/one third of the price and they operate in a low income area. Pricewise, sure we are being taken for a ride down here.

my impression from the slodes was that they are not comparable but there are only a few slides. i would expect they put their best rodes on their webside and even comparing to my posted pics, it's pretty clear Rama's slides are much more impressive. dino even says they have no "waterhouse" feature. on the other hand, the price is half the cost...so you get what you pay for. chonburi province has one of the highest thai incomes per capita (locals) and is both a foreign and domestic tourism destination so rama built a more impressive park and charge a higher admission price.

• 1 month later...

Received this in my inbox today...50% discount for students and "pupils" until the end of August. It say "all students" but keep in mind I believe their definition of "student" is by height and not actual student status. (You could confirm this by calling them.) Note the promo is for Thai/farang resident students only.

post-167660-0-98684000-1468050845_thumb.

Received this in my inbox today...50% discount for students and "pupils" until the end of August. It say "all students" but keep in mind I believe their definition of "student" is by height and not actual student status. (You could confirm this by calling them.) Note the promo is for Thai/farang resident students only.

Screenshot_2016-07-09-14-39-41-1.png

It does say on the promotion that student ID cards have to be shown.

Screenshot_2016-07-09-14-39-41-1.png

It does say on the promotion that student ID cards have to be shown.

Im just sayin if I was taking a group of HS or Uni. students, I would check ahead before heading down there.

• 1 month later...

So we were down in the area a few weeks ago and I'd promised my boy visits to both parks.

First up was CN. It was absolutely brilliant for my boy because of the world class slides and the general full-on-ness of the place. Wife enjoyed the day, but wouldn't repeat. We thought the food and drink was mediocre and, frankly, a rip-off. The site was well-maintained, and the safety procedures were first class.

We went to Ramayana a few days later. The area of the park is starting to develop into quite a nice resort area all of it's own. We went for the full VIP package, which cost about the same as the basic package at CN. If you're not on a tight budget, it's worth the extra imo. The cabana clusters can have very different vibes, depending on location. We chose a quiet one overlooking the superb lazy river. The grounds here are extensive, as described by other reporters, and quite beautiful. The slides and other facilities were spread out nicely over the grounds. Slides were not quite as exciting as at CN, but not far short. Safety procedures were again world class. A big bonus of this place is the food and drink: a big choice at remarkably reasonable prices for this type of place. Excellent quality too. Me and the FIL had a pad krapow that we agreed was the best one we'd had in ages. Me and the missus enjoyed a Belgian Kwak beer (served in the correct 'medicine' glass) in the swim-up bar that was about the same price as when you can occasionally find it in normal bars in this part of the world. All of our party said they'd happily return to Ramayana.

I'd go to CN again with my boy, but Ramayana is a better (and better value) family day out. Both are world class facilities.

46 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

So we were down in the area a few weeks ago and I'd promised my boy visits to both parks.

First up was CN. It was absolutely brilliant for my boy because of the world class slides and the general full-on-ness of the place. Wife enjoyed the day, but wouldn't repeat. We thought the food and drink was mediocre and, frankly, a rip-off. The site was well-maintained, and the safety procedures were first class.

We went to Ramayana a few days later. The area of the park is starting to develop into quite a nice resort area all of it's own. We went for the full VIP package, which cost about the same as the basic package at CN. If you're not on a tight budget, it's worth the extra imo. The cabana clusters can have very different vibes, depending on location. We chose a quiet one overlooking the superb lazy river. The grounds here are extensive, as described by other reporters, and quite beautiful. The slides and other facilities were spread out nicely over the grounds. Slides were not quite as exciting as at CN, but not far short. Safety procedures were again world class. A big bonus of this place is the food and drink: a big choice at remarkably reasonable prices for this type of place. Excellent quality too. Me and the FIL had a pad krapow that we agreed was the best one we'd had in ages. Me and the missus enjoyed a Belgian Kwak beer (served in the correct 'medicine' glass) in the swim-up bar that was about the same price as when you can occasionally find it in normal bars in this part of the world. All of our party said they'd happily return to Ramayana.

I'd go to CN again with my boy, but Ramayana is a better (and better value) family day out. Both are world class facilities.

Nice report...and I'm in complete agreement...however, you forgot to add that Pattaya is going "downhill" and that it's overpriced and the same experience can be had at Pattaya Park for 100 baht a person.  :D

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

• 4 weeks later...

Ramayana Water Park is free next Friday if any one is interested...

Alls you have to do is register and you can take 5 people free...

Come and enjoy our September Splash Specials for all members of Ramayana Water Park!!!

65b60640-c2d3-4a9e-93c1-67d394446c46.jpg 1. FREE ENTRY for all children and seniors EVERY DAY!!! click here for more info
2. FREE FRIDAYS for ALL! (16, 23, 30 September) click here for more info
All you need to do is sign up for our free membership at our website. Just show your membership confirmation email by printout or on your mobile device when you get to our park. If you're not already a memberclick here to sign up for FREE!

• 10 months later...

I just wrote a review of three different water parks in that area (including a local alternative in the Rayong Adventure Park, not the same thing since it's based on those bouncy-castle type slides).  It's all pretty much the same as covered here though.

Both parks are running about 1200 per person for admission now, close to the same as each other, with an occasional special dropping that for either.  They're relatively equivalent.  The main difference might be that the Ramayana park had a much better slide selection for younger kids, for those 5 or under.  For kids 7 to 8 or up the range would probably be more similar, since they could do the medium sized versions at Cartoon Network.  Ramayana is a lot bigger in terms of space, and food options were broader, and slightly lower in cost, but Cartoon Network is selling local foods for the typical 60 to 70 baht per dish range if that's a concern.  Both places do search you to make sure you don't bring food in.

They closed the Ramayana park down at 5:30, an hour before CN shut down, a half hour before the listed closure time, so if you ran late you might need to rush to get enough play in.  From there lots of little details varied.  CN had a better wave pool, and a free simulated wave riding area, and water volleyball, and those characters dancing around every hour.  Ramayana had more recliners under umbrellas, more space to hang out, and a sand play area.  

That local area, Rayong Adventure Park, is worth a visit but sort of a different kind of thing, with admission there a bit over 200 baht, as I recall.  For people in Bangkok the Pororo water park is a nice option, located on the top of the Central Bangna mall in Bangna-Trad road down at Bangkok.  Their pricing seems to vary a lot with specials but it's well below 1000 baht, more on the order of 600, I think, with a lot less slides (four larger ones), but enough that it strikes a good balance.  There aren't lots more details in this post but more about my own experience and a few pictures (in a blog that's really usually about tea):

http://teaintheancientworld.blogspot.com/2017/08/three-water-parks-in-rayong-thailand.html

• 3 weeks later...

Just had email with promotion for September and it is 690 baht each for adults/kids over 122 cms for September (normal price 1190 baht) for Thai residents and expats.

You need to book online on their website to get the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect