EC gets complaints against Jaruvan, others

webfact

Clearly Anti-Thaksin and she can be anti whomever she pleases... just like the rest of us... but what looms on the horizon is that she may also be considered to be fronted as the Senate Speaker should any of the many ongoing processes prohibit or impede the normal channels... in the news paper we cannot quote yesterday there was an article about her and how making her Senate Speaker would be a watershed event... for various reasons not the least of which because getting that gig could put her in the catbird seat for picking an interim PM... and the drama continues to unfold...

I was thinking along similar lines. She is iconic, more than most any previous speaker has been,

and she is an outspoken, take no prisoners straight talker. I am sure every POSSIBLE rule will

be looked at to prevent her from getting in as long as possible if not absolutely.

And several utterly inappropriate rules will be applied just to waste more time.

Free ticket for the daughter? Stingy old crone, on the take just as bad as the rest of them...

Stingy old crone

Before you call some an ugly name, consider that accusation is not guilt. If it were, your beloved Yingluck could be called much worse names. Two-way street, don't you know?

Her Wiki bio is not encouraging:

She has been criticized for nepotism, hiring her own son as a personal secretary using the state budget, bringing her children on a state-funded official trip, and her lack of transparency. She is going to fit very well with the Suthep mob

Hypocrite much?

She has been criticized for nepotism

Your beloved Shin clan are as nepotist as they come. do you have ANY post where you condemn Thaksin for nepotism? I thought not. Pot meet Kettle; Kettle meet Pot.

Edited by rametindallas

She has been criticized for nepotism, hiring her own son as a personal secretary using the state budget, bringing her children on a state-funded official trip, and her lack of transparency. She is going to fit very well with the Suthep mob

Is that like Thaksin being the PM, his brother in law Somchai being a PM, his sister being a PM, another sister being an MP and all that nice nepotism stuff. Not to mention OAK being touted as a politician and possible PM in the future.

If you are talking transparency the Shinawatra clan are the world leaders in ignoring transparency, accountability, honesty, morality, responsibility and another few ilities as well.

• Like 1

originated in Chiang Mai, that wouldnt be the reds doing the complaining that non reds were elected would it. Does this mean that the red candidates that were elected can also be tossed out for using violence/theats to scare people into voting for them. How pathetic can these people get, if anyone opposing thaksin/ptp/reds is elected they want them removed, real democracy in action again.......

OK so you want suthep and his thugs to run the country. Which would mean you want the country to go back 22+ years in time. No to smart.

I assume from that statement you are happy that the PTP and its corrupt ministers and the Red Shirt army of murderous thugs should run the country even further into the 19th century than it is now.

Is that like Thaksin being the PM, his brother in law Somchai being a PM, his sister being a PM, another sister being an MP and all that nice nepotism stuff. Not to mention OAK being touted as a politician and possible PM in the future.

If you are talking transparency the Shinawatra clan are the world leaders in ignoring transparency, accountability, honesty, morality, responsibility and another few ilities as well.

Billd

I agree with you for sure but that does not mean she does not have to be investigated and if found guilty also punished. That is like saying don't go after YL because there are also other crooks. Get all those corrupt individuals .. and hopefully things will change.. it will take time for sure.

• Like 1

In fact, the whole process of her appointment was corrupt. She was not the preferred candidate of the selection committee. In spite of that , the then AG, offered her the job. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison for that piece of corruption. The Contitutional Court ruled her appointment invalid. She refused to leave and tried to involve the monarchy in the process.

Evidently, she believed it was ok to appoint her son as her secretary ( on the govt payroll and without due process) and to take her 2 adult kids on a taxpayer funded trip to Russia.

When the rural doctors group lodgers a complaint about her lack of transparency on some issues, she countered by instructing the Ministry to investigate the doctors.

She is a piece of work and is sure to be one of the "good people" in line for seniority. What a joke.

She is one of the few (ok the only) that was elected that will cause issues for the caretaker government. Even my wife, who is junior to her at Chula, says she is a piece of work. How did the PTP miss her?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As I remember it (I could be wrong) 4 years ago she turned 65 and was asked to retire (as is normal for any public servant) - she refused and said nobody could remove her except the monarchy and that she had to stay to "save" Thailand.

When PTP was elected they saw there was nothing they could do, as the Democrats had failed - so they just let her carry on "saving" us all.

In fact, the whole process of her appointment was corrupt. She was not the preferred candidate of the selection committee. In spite of that , the then AG, offered her the job. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison for that piece of corruption. The Contitutional Court ruled her appointment invalid. She refused to leave and tried to involve the monarchy in the process.

Evidently, she believed it was ok to appoint her son as her secretary ( on the govt payroll and without due process) and to take her 2 adult kids on a taxpayer funded trip to Russia.

When the rural doctors group lodgers a complaint about her lack of transparency on some issues, she countered by instructing the Ministry to investigate the doctors.

She is a piece of work and is sure to be one of the "good people" in line for seniority. What a joke.

She is one of the few (ok the only) that was elected that will cause issues for the caretaker government. Even my wife, who is junior to her at Chula, says she is a piece of work. How did the PTP miss her?

As I remember it (I could be wrong) 4 years ago she turned 65 and was asked to retire (as is normal for any public servant) - she refused and said nobody could remove her except the monarchy and that she had to stay to "save" Thailand.

When PTP was elected they saw there was nothing they could do, as the Democrats had failed - so they just let her carry on "saving" us all.

Yes, you are quite wrong. Her appointment to the job was found to be unconstitutional. The person who appointed her was sent to prison. It was corruption. She refused to leave. She wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes as a junior auditor at a minor accounting firm.

Clearly Anti-Thaksin and she can be anti whomever she pleases... just like the rest of us... but what looms on the horizon is that she may also be considered to be fronted as the Senate Speaker should any of the many ongoing processes prohibit or impede the normal channels... in the news paper we cannot quote yesterday there was an article about her and how making her Senate Speaker would be a watershed event... for various reasons not the least of which because getting that gig could put her in the catbird seat for picking an interim PM... and the drama continues to unfold...

I was thinking along similar lines. She is iconic, more than most any previous speaker has been,

and she is an outspoken, take no prisoners straight talker. I am sure every POSSIBLE rule will

be looked at to prevent her from getting in as long as possible if not absolutely.

And several utterly inappropriate rules will be applied just to waste more time.

Don't know about the straight shooter part of her... but well aware that she is being groomed as one of some others to front should it go that way... she certainly would be unable to nominate a neutral PM given her considerable efforts on behalf of the Dems...and her clear and vocal opposition to Thaksin...so there will be alot of static from that ,/// but who knows... there are no clean fish in this kettle..it is still the Wild West..and if you are in you are in and neither one of us are in so we can speculate till we are blue in the face... I do not however think she would necessarily be a good choice... mostly because I believe that the old dogs need to go and younger leaders need to start to take over the landscape... Cheers!

Yes, you are quite wrong. Her appointment to the job was found to be unconstitutional. The person who appointed her was sent to prison. It was corruption. She refused to leave. She wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes as a junior auditor at a minor accounting firm.

That was back in 2001 her appointment originally - can't find the article now - and obviously it wasn't added to wiki - but I'm sure she was in the paper 4 years ago about her retirement at 65.

EDIT - I remember the nation had an article on it - actually it was 2010 - but can't find it now. This particular link is not as reputable (haha) but does jibe with what I recall. http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/jaruvan-to-thailands-rescue/

Second edit (sigh) - here's the nation link - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/09/09/politics/Jaruvan-denies-clinging-on-to-position-30137590.html

Edited by airconsult
  • Like 1

I think she benefits from the same protections Suthep does.... ..given the circles she travels in... ( my guess)

Free ticket for the daughter? Stingy old crone, on the take just as bad as the rest of them...

Could be, but did you notice the 'allegedly'? As in

"Following her senate election victory, old controversies surrounding her went viral on social media networks. References included the National Anti-Corruption Commission investigation against her for allegedly seeking a free Thai Airways ticket for a seminar in Europe for her daughter; and for her alleged reimbursement of allowances for seminars, even though the activity was a merit making in Nan."

originated in Chiang Mai, that wouldnt be the reds doing the complaining that non reds were elected would it. Does this mean that the red candidates that were elected can also be tossed out for using violence/theats to scare people into voting for them. How pathetic can these people get, if anyone opposing thaksin/ptp/reds is elected they want them removed, real democracy in action again.......

OK so you want suthep and his thugs to run the country. Which would mean you want the country to go back 22+ years in time. No to smart.

Just the old push on 'Suthep and his thugs'.

an we go back to K. Jaruvan who allegedly seems a much more likely figure to attack when discussing the Senate Election results?

Do you have any first, or even second hand knowledge regarding her professional skills?

Do you have any first, or even second hand knowledge regarding her professional skills?

Yesterday he was quoting wiki as if he had never heard of her before.

Today he's pontificating as if he is an expert on her history and performance.

:rolleyes: