How to get the best rate Baht to US dollars in Thailand?

After living here for 14 months its time for me and my family to see different parts of the world. But first we need to close our bank account and convert Baht to US dollars. How do we do that in order to get the best rate? Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for that.

According to that chart you can get better rates buying USD bills in Thailand when compared to say the TT rates.Or, am I reading something wrong?

Super Rich and Vasu seem to be the best, although Vasu is not on that list.

Keep in mind you have a TT Buying Rate when converting from foreign currency to baht and TT Selling Rate when converting from baht to a foreign currency. To get the TT Selling Rate using above web site you need to convert from THB to USD. If you convert from USD to THB you are seeing the TT Buying Rate like used for incoming wire transfers.

Convert your baht to USD "within Thailand" as you'll get a better rate than what a non-Thai/foreign bank will give you. Baht is basically not used outside of Thailand and therefore foreign banks offer less for it....or in your case, you would have to give more baht to get each USD.

If you want USD cash, take your Baht to Super Rich et al and exchange to USD notes.

Here is their web site to get their various rates if a SuperRich happens to be in your area: Link. And remember when buying "foreign" currency like USD the "lower" the "selling" rate the better...means you have to fork out fewer baht to buy one each unit of foreign currency.