webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not far from where we live.

Did not hear it go off. There are a lot of those nasty recycling shops in that area, right in residential areas.

But trying to cut what they see is a bomb with gas cutters? blink.png

Rare to see this kind of stupidity, even here.

Did not hear it go off. There are a lot of those nasty recycling shops in that area, right in residential areas.

Perhaps they have never seen what a bomb looks like eh.............smile.png ............This is LOS remember.

• Like 1

He quoted some witnesses as saying the shop owner had told his workers to cut up the explosive using electric tools.

Please tell me there are not people in the world (i.e., the shop owner) really this stupid.

They walk among us..!!

Perhaps they have never seen what a bomb looks like eh.............smile.png ............This is LOS remember.

We do, we still have people dying because of a lot of that shit didn't detonate. But they obviously still do.Sometimes just caused by a tractor...

Edited by sirchai

He quoted some witnesses as saying the shop owner had told his workers to cut up the explosive using electric tools.

Please tell me there are not people in the world (i.e., the shop owner) really this stupid.

Yes they are and such activities are not uncommon.

Safety and common sense do not exist in Thailand outside lip service.

yea, there were some guys up bamboo ladders messing around with the electricity cables near my place the other day. didnt appear to be there in any official capacity, had basic tools and no safety equipment. they lived to tell the tale and the power stayed on. they might not be so lucky next time.

Seven dead as war bomb explodes in Bangkok scrap yard

(BBC) At least seven people were killed and 19 injured when a suspected World War Two bomb exploded in a scrap metal warehouse in the Thai capital, Bangkok.

Construction workers found the bomb and sold it, believing it was inactive.

Warehouse workers used a blow-torch to take the bomb apart and detonated it in the process, reports said.

The massive blast destroyed the shop and created a large crater. It also damaged nearby houses and started a large fire.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26847366

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-04-02

What did the drum look like?

If they knew that it was a bomb then they should have at least obtained advice from a bomb / explosive expert before doing anything to it, preferably someone from military bomb squad staff and not the UDD terrorists.

its called sorry to say thaienese !

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What did the drum look like?

If they knew that it was a bomb then they should have at least obtained advice from a bomb / explosive expert before doing anything to it, preferably someone from military bomb squad staff and not the UDD terrorists.

its called sorry to say thaienese !

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gonna be harder to pretend they were never occupied and conquered for some time to come. Maybe in a few years than can dupe the kiddies again.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

The truly awful thing about this is that I saw the bomb in the news a few days ago; I only caught a glimpse before they moved on to some other story so I didn't hear any details, but there were some people digging out a 500 pound WWII bomb out of the mud.

IT WAS IN THE BLIPPING NEWS and it ended up in a scrapyard? W.T.F??? In the (expletive deleted) news and not a single authority stepped in to secure a bomb large enough to level half a city block. What level of complete and utter lack of sense of duty does it take for that? Nobody though, hmmm, hang on, maybe this needs to be disposed of properly. It's mind boggling.

yea, there were some guys up bamboo ladders messing around with the electricity cables near my place the other day. didnt appear to be there in any official capacity, had basic tools and no safety equipment. they lived to tell the tale and the power stayed on. they might not be so lucky next time.

Dried bamboo does not conduct electricity; therefore, all Thai safety standards complied with.

• Like 1

Around noon i heard a very big ang loud explosion in Ramintra Road,Soi Mayalarp.So that was it

Yes, I heard it as well just before noon from my house in Wacharapol. I thought it was a thunderstorm it was was that loud.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ5.1 Pro using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So it was not a dud,just waiting for some stupid person

to come along,just when you think you could not be

surprised at that happens here,you are,and tomorrow

it will be something else,it really is Amazing Thailand

regards Worgeordie

You actually seem to think that only Thais do stupid things like this, even with all the health and safety rules here in the UK , and probably most "advanced" countries this type of idiocy happens. I often wonder why , when so many posters on this site decry anything Thai, they live in such a "backward" country.

So it was not a dud,just waiting for some stupid person

to come along,just when you think you could not be

surprised at that happens here,you are,and tomorrow

it will be something else,it really is Amazing Thailand

regards Worgeordie

You actually seem to think that only Thais do stupid things like this, even with all the health and safety rules here in the UK , and probably most "advanced" countries this type of idiocy happens. I often wonder why , when so many posters on this site decry anything Thai, they live in such a "backward" country.

In a country like the UK you wouldn't have people digging out a bomb on national TV one day and 7 dead the next day after it was taken to a scrapyard and cut open with a blowtorch.

• Like 1

who in their right mind tries to cut open an armed 500lb ww2 bombblink.png, seems the thought of making money overules common sense.

To be fare, don't think they knew what they had. it was metal scrap..............

Come on now, you know that Thai electricity is different.