Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it was not a dud,just waiting for some stupid person

to come along,just when you think you could not be

surprised at that happens here,you are,and tomorrow

it will be something else,it really is Amazing Thailand

regards Worgeordie

You actually seem to think that only Thais do stupid things like this, even with all the health and safety rules here in the UK , and probably most "advanced" countries this type of idiocy happens. I often wonder why , when so many posters on this site decry anything Thai, they live in such a "backward" country.

Now that you mention it, it's probably wise to stay away from people that think the things Thais do are normal first world occurrences, unless of course one has a death wish.

So all this was for scrap metal, i.e. 200 baht? Life is cheap, work is cheap, results are horrible sometimes.

And of course "the shop was inhabited". Is there any shop in Thailand not inhabited?

He quoted some witnesses as saying the shop owner had told his workers to cut up the explosive using electric tools.

Please tell me there are not people in the world (i.e., the shop owner) really this stupid.

Yep, and they're out in public in every corner of the globe. Quite a lot of them run for office and hold down important jobs too!

and you forgot... Run parties like the UDD.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Well this well teach the Thai's for siding with the Japs in WWII.

WWII bomb blast in Thailand kills six, injures 18: officials

BANGKOK, April 2, 2014 (AFP) - At least six people died and 18 others were injured Wednesday when a suspected World War II bomb exploded at a scrap metal warehouse in Bangkok as workers tried to cut it open, officials said.

The shell was found at a construction site by builders who then sold it to a suburban scrap metal merchant believing the bomb had been defused.

"The workers at the warehouse thought the bomb was no longer active so they used a metal cutter to cut into it causing the explosion," said local police commander Virasak Foythong, adding the ordnance was probably left over from the war era.

"Six are confirmed dead and 18 injured," the city's Erawan emergency centre said, adding five were killed at the scene.

Television footage showed debris and twisted metal at the destroyed workshop as thick smoke choked the sky, while local reports said dozens of nearby homes were also damaged by the blast.

The allies conducted bombing raids on the Thai capital in retaliation for the kingdom joining the Japanese war effort in Southeast Asia.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-04-02

He quoted some witnesses as saying the shop owner had told his workers to cut up the explosive using electric tools.

Please tell me there are not people in the world (i.e., the shop owner) really this stupid.

YES THERE ARE IN THAILAND

I am honestly speechless

Any country in the world were people actually have a brain that works would have handed this over to the military to deal with

What's the possibility of this being a cover up by the police, possibly another bomb making operation that went wrong - I just wouldn't rule anything out here in the land of lies

who in their right mind tries to cut open an armed 500lb ww2 bombblink.png, seems the thought of making money overules common sense.

Even trained explosive experts would not have even attempted to move this bomb from where it was first discovered, it would have been detonated in situ if at all possible

So it was not a dud,just waiting for some stupid person

to come along,just when you think you could not be

surprised at that happens here,you are,and tomorrow

it will be something else,it really is Amazing Thailand

regards Worgeordie

You actually seem to think that only Thais do stupid things like this, even with all the health and safety rules here in the UK , and probably most "advanced" countries this type of idiocy happens. I often wonder why , when so many posters on this site decry anything Thai, they live in such a "backward" country.

You are correct, it is not only Thais that do stupid things. It is the Thai apologists that try to defend all things Thai that are stupid. If you MUST be a Thai apologist, look for another thread, but NOT the one on Thai drivers.

Some folks may recall, there was a pretty major nuclear radiation incident in Bangkok some years back when the encased radioactive element of (I believe) an old hospital MRI machine ended up in a scrap/recycling yard and the workers there cut into it and attempted to dismantle it by hand -- causing severe radiation burns and killing some of those involved due to radiation exposure.

In fairness to the blokes in the scrapyard, according to this news report

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/03/31/70-years-after-b-29s-attacked-bkk-rail-yard-bts-crew-digs-vintage-bomb

both the police and the bomb squad were called when the bomb was discovered. So how did it end up at a scrapyard? If it wasn't stolen from somewhere, then the bomb squad must have given it a clean bill of health is the only answer.

What is illustrated here ( and daily on the roads ) is Darwinism and natural selection at work.

Funny you should mention that Tatsujin,but one of the Darwin awards a few years ago was to a group of lads trying to extract the explosives from RPG warheads to sell...so they cable tied them together,and ran them over in their jeep to crack the casing...similar result,though I presume not as widespread as an old WWII 500 pounder.

In fairness to the blokes in the scrapyard, according to this news report

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/03/31/70-years-after-b-29s-attacked-bkk-rail-yard-bts-crew-digs-vintage-bomb

both the police and the bomb squad were called when the bomb was discovered. So how did it end up at a scrapyard? If it wasn't stolen from somewhere, then the bomb squad must have given it a clean bill of health is the only answer.

That's the thing, how does a 500 pound bomb go from the police hands to being sold for scrap? That the police here are beyond incompetent is a given, but that takes the cake.

A firefighter said some witnesses were quoted as saying the shop owner had told his workers to cut up the explosive using electric tools. If that was true, it suggests there is simply no limit to the stupidity of some, never mind safety considerations.