Body of Naked Foreign Vagrant found at abandoned construction site in Jomtien

webfact

Why is it that in most cases where a "Farang" is found ?? dead that most times they are naked????sad.png

It's very hot in Pattaya now so you do not want to wear long pants and shoes on do you ?

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own suggestion we do a bit to help those people by setting up a foundation to give shelter , food and support , As some of our members have capacity in assistance. In many years we read news and time pass by noting happen. It's not about money contribution but the love and care even street dogs are well feet. This farang maybe losing money and hope. I hope we can change the coming future more victims ended this way.

Please count me in if ever you get something up and running. I did get involved about 8 years ago in visiting that big prison in BKK (I was living in Pattaya at the time and forget the name Knom Prem or something like that) Myself and a Nun friend used to set off at 4 AM in the morning once a week to visit a man who was doing a life sentence. He later got a "Kings Pardon" and went home. He died about six months later.

I am now involved with a group of people who are trying to get permission from the relevant authorities to visit Hospitals, Prisons and Institutions to try and maybe be of help to those who are suffering from the disease of Alcoholism and have come to a point in their lives where they realize they need help. That man that died could very well have been me, I have been in his position but luckily recovered....with the help of people who said they would love me until I was able to love myself. It would have been impossible for me to recover if I had to rely my own resources....because I didn't have any.

• Like 2

At least he ended his days amongst palm trees and the ocean and maybe he deliberately chose that.

Seriously? Look at the picture in the OP. Do you think he was even aware of palm trees and the ocean, given the squalor in which he spent his last moments?

Beyond a certain point, nothing but the next meal and a place to hunker down matters. Maslow's Hierarchy at work.

And I'm keenly aware it could easily happen to me- given a little bit of bad luck.

" Do you think he was even aware of palm trees and the ocean, given the squalor in which he spent his last moments? "

Yes i do ........ and it must be than living in a CAVE in Manchestersad.png

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/scandal-greater-manchesters-hidden-homeless-4303590

A Small Request to Thai Visa and All Members plz do some thing for such a persons i say a prayer for him may his Soul rest in peace ,

let us make a trust or some thing like to help the Genuine poeple only my View plz

My Wish no one Face such Situation in life to Die Alone O Men

In my limited experiece, destitute old farangs do get help in Thailiand, from kind individuals & unofficially, from institutions. This is not broadcast, since obviously Thai does not want to encourage 'handout' tourists. With limited funds, gov organizations & charities put their own first, but they are still very compassionate. I am always impressed when passing thru poor villages; despite being fat & sassy, Thais at neals often invite me over for a free feed. But maybe tourist centers are different. I've always avoided them e/where in the world. They are there for spenders & the crowds of fly-by-nights who live off them.

That's true. I know first hand how a relative of my wife was helping an Australian who was completely broke and living in absolute poverty, but refused to go home or seek help at the embassy.

Yup, a group of women (my wife included - I was in China at the time) were helping an old chap in Chiang Mai who had fallen on hard times. Unfortunately it would appear no help was forthcoming for this poor soul

Yeah, tough way to go. Of course, dying alone is tough anywhere, at least it seems so for those of us looking in.

My theory is that it's an extremely lonely experience no matter where you are.... of course who's to know.

There but for the grace of God.......................RIP

It's always been in a religious context when I have heard it.

Ahhhh it does not matter, it just means by the Will of God. And obviously therefore i'd tend to agree it has religious context too it. But no need to argue over this particular point, take from it what you will kinds sirs.

Manchester, Mannheim, or Brussels have help for such people, usually suffering from a disease of the mind that any of us could get.

Sadly these sick people are looked down upon by their fellow countrymen here. Thais have plenty compassion but seldom help.

The police aren't interested as there is no money in it for them.

The very nature of Pattaya means there will be many people susceptible to diseases like alcoholism etc coming.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who said anything about him suffering from a disease of the mind? blink.png

As harkish rightly said, ending up in the sterile and depressing environments of Mannheim, Manchester or Brussels would definitely give you a disease of the mind.

At least he ended his days amongst palm trees and the ocean and maybe he deliberately chose that.

Looks like he ended his days surrounded by trash and in 33 DegC.

Yeah right, Pattaya is the last place a sane person would want to live for the beach and palm trees.

You never mentioned the pimps, drug addicts alkies, con men, mafia, etc.

There are beautiful beaches in Thailand with no tourists and vultures - any sane vagrant would go there.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wasn't he found in Jomtiem?

There are pimps, drug addicts alkies, con men, mafia, etc. in Manchester etc etc.

Likely he was not sane.

He would not have lasted long elsewhere..... these types seem to be where there are many people.

But that wasn't your point was it.........?

Despite civilization being around for thousands of years and all our technological advances people still die so undignified and needlessly. Instead we prefer to invest billions in WMD's and military prowess because hating is easier then compassion.

Rehearsing for your Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech I see.

There is a falang sleeping on the curb next to JP Bar, not sure how he sleeps with all the noise.. have seen him sleep there a few times now. Seems like Pattaya is the new 'en vogue' destination for wannabe homeless sad.png

Sleeping on the curb because your too drink to find your pad in a foreign country is not so bad,...happened to me while deployed on Okinawa. Spent alittle too me on buy- me- drinky girls and got seperated from my group,...but if you don't learn anything the first time,...then your pretty much going to end up like this guy.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of homelessness-ing why do back packers come all the way to Thailand, where everything here is dirt cheap to post up at Lumpini Park a vacation like a bum?

They are young and adventurous and people like you probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for the hippies and backpackers of the 60s and 70s.