Thailand is among world's 10 biggest water users

webfact

Thailand need to make more water havesting systems, it is not something the government should be handling cause we all know what that brings. It should be either the kings project or each local community. There are any inexpensive water havesting systems as for PA Yaoman, Permaculture systems, or through the kings projects.

We need some educated people to help provide. Just look at what we did in Loesse in China for only 500 million we fixed the 35.000 km2 now that is effective systemes, I know there are still small details here and there but china has the most degraded soil erosion in the world.

Also look at the Grening the desert with Permaculture. Its actually easy buttakes hard work for each person in every community. Water is life and should not be taxes or any other thing its a human right.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't agree, OK. instead of not agreeing we have to note that the cubic charge HAS then to differ from district to district.

If you look at my meter readings on this page it will then explain why mine is more expensive than yours.

Was your bill for the month ??? if so take your bill and compare with mine.

It may help me as although I have my own meter whats to say water is maybe used by a.n. other. look at your rate per cube.thumbsup.gif

topics like this do help us guys to compare.

Yes mate, the bill is monthly. The guy comes on a bike and charges everybody same day. I can't read the bill... it's all Thai 555.

The major numbers I see are, going down the bill: 161, 152, 9, 90 baht, 5 baht... then 691 , 8 , 1107. total 95 baht... if u can make head nor tail of that lot facepalm.gif

Just looks like you used 9 cubic meters @ about 9 baht, compared to my 14 cubic meters @ 14 baht approx. I am Udon. meter reading motor bike man red punched in figures and out pops the ticket and placed in my post box. looks like your area is subsidizing your water more than mine.

That's a shame, if it is so, as I live in Phatumthani, which is almost or maybe in the greater area of BKK.

Shame for me.cheesy.gif Wish more posters though topics like this share more info.

Just thinking I'm in a red area and us poor people of Issan have to pay higher price for our water, Interesting PTP, Y.S.

Maybe my electric is also overcharged at 850 baht a month. or maybe you pay a higher rate---could be swings and roundabouts. but I think electric is a national price, and water varies area to area.thumbsup.gif

Thai should be costing out their use of water and start charging a tax for it. Tax revenue from water would help Thailand turn its fiscal shambles around. Thailand should also start taxing property. property tax would be opposed by the elite but it would provide needed tax revenue for infrastructure and public projects to benefit the ordinary Thai people.

I like most are already paying for water. I get a bill based on usage every month. Is it enough to cover expansion etc. ? I don't know, that is the problem of the water company to figure out. No tax needed we already pay. Why should I pay twice for something that hardly ever flows anyway.

Staggering number, 2131 cubic meters per person per year. A cubic meter is 1000L, that is a 1 x 1 x 1m cube of water. 2.1 million litres per year. I would have thought my own consumption to be less than a quarter of this but as the stat includes so much non-personal use, in the agri and industrial sectors, it seems impossible to improve this number by making changes at home.

Looking back at my water bills over the last 3 years it comes out to about 500 cu/mt per year but that is for 5 people and virtually no watering the garden.

I might go for a pee 3 or 4 times before I flush the toilet but if my wife goes in and sees my pee she will flush the toilet, have a pee and flush the toilet again. I can't convince that nothing will jump out of the toilet on to her.

post-5614-0-86417500-1396591768_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-79066400-1396591827_thumb.jp

Edited by billd766

Thais use a lot of water? Well, what would you expect?

My gf insisted I shower twice a day in cold water when I

was already shivering during the recent record cold

winter. Yes, I am a faring but truly I do not smell and my

clothes are clean. What is this almost religious obsession

with constant washing?

And then sweeping their house out onto the public street or throwing plastic bags and drink cans into the street or letting their dogs out to poop wherever it likes. Personal hygiene yes, cleanliness no.

• Like 1

Don't worry, Thailand will have plenty of water again during rainy flood season in August September, October and a little bit of November,... wanna bet????

But this year NOT in form of a flood in our new home.

Thai should be costing out their use of water and start charging a tax for it. Tax revenue from water would help Thailand turn its fiscal shambles around. Thailand should also start taxing property. property tax would be opposed by the elite but it would provide needed tax revenue for infrastructure and public projects to benefit the ordinary Thai people.

You seem very supportive of taxation, but expecting it to filter down is perhaps optimistic.

Coming from an over-taxed country I prefer less taxation and less government, but doubt that will be forthcoming.

Sorry, totally unworkable. Thais already get charged for government delivered water. How would you suggest taxing people who use well water from their own land or people who harvest rain water from the heavens? Is there not already a property tax when selling a property? I know the answer to that already... You haven't really thought your post out fully have you?

It takes a lot of water...to make beer...

Pay through the nose for it, get half pis#ed then P it out again.(beer)

I really wonder what the difference is between Tesco/Nestle litre bottles, and Evian/Perrier etc Tesco about 8 baht and Evian ??? 70 baht ???

Please don't reply 62 bahtcheesy.gif ....I mean Quality.??

Edited by ginjag

Wow you mean that Thailanders use more water per capita than dry arid areas that get very little rain such Afghanistan Iraq Saudi Arabia Morrocco etc etc you get the picture. Water runs downhill, the people down stream are going to use it as historically they've become accustomed to it's presence. In Thailands case most will end up in the sea in a short time. It's not feasible to transport it elsewhere for dry areas to use. So while Thailand must clean it's waste water to be responsible its usage is just a tempest in a tea pot

Anyone who believes that a tax can solve a problem is delusional.

Well, Noodle, looks like you are the delusional one, cos tobacco taxes in Western countries in the last 40 years have considerably lowered the incidence of lung cancer.

And every time a tax is increased on booze, the consumption goes down.

Heavy fines (or taxes) for speeding and use of traffic cameras reduce road accidents and bring in revenue for infrastructure....etc etc etc

Edited by blazes

So Thailand get's a lot of rain, and is struggling to deal with it. If it then tries to utilize this water to grow food, in stead of simply letting it flow to the sea, it get's slapped on the fingers? I really do not see what the problem is. There might be some local problems in and around BKK where too much water is being pumped out from the ground. But I think it's really fair enough that Thailand uses the rainwater that falls here anyway. How will the world become a better place if Thailand produces less rice ? Weird article.

A typical (and currently topical) article by some jobsworth trying to justify his/her salary. Thailand as well as alot of SE Asia - Lao, Cambodia,Vietnam,Burma,Philippines has an abundance of water - look at the crops and flora. Someone is, as always trying to change the rules (there are any?) to suit themselves.

There may be more to this than is apparent. I would note as well that different countries have different amounts of water available (contrast Saudi Arabia to Thailand for instance). The US is facing a water shortage. They are always looking to lock Canada into long agreements to supply the US with water. So, if it becomes more expensive to manufacture in the US because of water costs, then they will be needing protection. What better way than to introduce regulations to penalize companies in other countries that use more water than a company in the US. Purely speculation. At the same time, it's sensible to not waste water, just as it's sensible to not waste electricity and I am sure that there is much improvement possible in Thailand during drought season. Not so sure about water conservation needs during rainy/flood seasons.

The point is that it's not reasonable to have a global water usage standard.

A typical (and currently topical) article by some jobsworth trying to justify his/her salary. Thailand as well as alot of SE Asia - Lao, Cambodia,Vietnam,Burma,Philippines has an abundance of water - look at the crops and flora. Someone is, as always trying to change the rules (there are any?) to suit themselves.

Yes there is a wet season and a dry season - sometimes too wet,sometimes too dry. But that's only been going on for 10,000 plus years. Man doesn't help with too much deforestation, and badly sited hyro schemes; but hopefully we might learn.

And the Thais have the decency to respect the water and celebrate Son Kran.

So Thailand get's a lot of rain, and is struggling to deal with it. If it then tries to utilize this water to grow food, in stead of simply letting it flow to the sea, it get's slapped on the fingers? I really do not see what the problem is. There might be some local problems in and around BKK where too much water is being pumped out from the ground. But I think it's really fair enough that Thailand uses the rainwater that falls here anyway. How will the world become a better place if Thailand produces less rice ? Weird article.

By not emitting so much methane? Do you really believe only rainwater is used in the agricultural sector?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My consumption is about 4 units per months or 50 cbm per annum. If the water footprint per capita is 2100 cbm, then a few people out there, are using water like they don't have to pay for it.

We are not told how the figures were constructed ---- no link to a report mentioned

How green are you, revenue just gets stolen or squandered on populist policies the more. You tax the more to steal, this is reality.

Don't worry, Thailand will have plenty of water again during rainy flood season in August September, October and a little bit of November,... wanna bet????

Thailand is heading for a drought unseen in decades

Add the potential for war to the east, Japan, N Korea, S Korea, China, and you get the picture,

Thailand will again be a war hub, and the focus will be on survival, not more soap opera political theater

The protests have not nearly been as violent as what is coming