Thai Red Shirts mobilise to defend besieged PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread has rapidly descended into a racist rant against the intelligence and integrity of the ordinary voters of Thailand.

There is nothing racist on here silly head. Take a hike with the lying and trolling, please. You sound like some NAACP advocate from CNN or some rubbish.

We can digress the mentality and thinking of voting and voting results. That is not racist whatsoever. You're pitiful.

A few quotes from just one page of this thread so far......"They certainly do understand fight, battle, burn, lie, steal, intimidate.....vote buying and intimidating......poor brainwashed people......they know very little actually.....like monkeys with fire.......".

Just a non stop stream of contempt for the Thai people. Pathetic.

actually what is pathetic are the red appologists in here, somehow trying to defend your red accomplices when they kill kids and people indiscriminently just doesnt stand up and now they are threatening the people of Thailand with more violence you are again trying to defend the indefencible. This isnt democracy in action, far from it, it is one man trying to take over a country using brainwashed buffoons that dont know any better.

• Like 2

Spalpeen, have the farmers been paid yet?

Well if they haven't then they could have expressed their dissatisfaction by voting for the Democrats. Oh no, hang on a second, the 'Democrats' didn't give them that option. And then, whoever they did vote for, their votes were chucked back in their faces by a tiny cabal of judges.

Little wonder that 'fight' and 'battle are now on the agenda. If only the rice farmers votes had been respected this wouldn't be necessary.

Rice farmers?! Oh, now you're calling them low class? You 'racist!' 555

• Like 1

Do they know no other words except "fight" and "battle"????

If Thaksin and Yingluck and PT has done nothing wrong or illegal, they wouldn't be facing the raft of charges they are currently. And don't give me that "politically motivated" crap, that's just deflection and a smokescreen to hide their wrongdoings.

Yeah, they know words like "voting" and "democracy", but when that avenue is denied to them then "fight" and "battle" is what inevitably follows.

I am sure they know the words "voting" and "democracy", but doubt that they actually have any idea as to what they mean. They certainly do understand fight, battle, burn, lie, steal, intimidate and violence though.

Take it you never lived in Isaan, they know full well they get to vote in an election, they have enough of them to know, local and National. They know twice the government they voted for won and has 2 times been forced out one way or another also are well aware the are considered to stupid to vote.

So what western country do you know where Democratically elected government's are regularly over thrown.

in any western democracy all the members would be in jail for corruption, thaksin would be in there with them and the party dissolved and no members ever allowed to start another one plus banned for life. Theere would also behave charges and jail for many people for taking bribes to vote for them but TIT and the same laws do not apply.

The other thing is the boundaries for representation would be evened up so that the whole country got a fair say in who was elected, not just have one region deciding for everyone, the voting boundaries(electorates) are simply fixed to feather the ptp nest.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

Well if they haven't then they could have expressed their dissatisfaction by voting for the Democrats. Oh no, hang on a second, the 'Democrats' didn't give them that option. And then, whoever they did vote for, their votes were chucked back in their faces by a tiny cabal of judges.

Little wonder that 'fight' and 'battle are now on the agenda. If only the rice farmers votes had been respected this wouldn't be necessary.

The farmers, or any other social group of ordinary Thai people that I know of do not go around aimlessly shooting and blowing up people.

You must be referring to Thaksin's goons, the democracy by explosion people.

And now you are suggesting that fight and battle are "necessary"?

Please do not insult Thai people especially the hard working, honest, rural farmers.

• Like 2

Or don't vote at all. PT got 8 million votes in Feb 2014 against 15 million or so in 2011. Got the message?

If Thaksin and Yingluck and PT has done nothing wrong or illegal, they wouldn't be facing the raft of charges they are currently. And don't give me that "politically motivated" crap, that's just deflection and a smokescreen to hide their wrongdoings.

Yeah, they know words like "voting" and "democracy", but when that avenue is denied to them then "fight" and "battle" is what inevitably follows.

I am sure they know the words "voting" and "democracy", but doubt that they actually have any idea as to what they mean. They certainly do understand fight, battle, burn, lie, steal, intimidate and violence though.

Take it you never lived in Isaan, they know full well they get to vote in an election, they have enough of them to know, local and National. They know twice the government they voted for won and has 2 times been forced out one way or another also are well aware the are considered to stupid to vote.

So what western country do you know where Democratically elected government's are regularly over thrown.

I dont know any countries that are run by a convicted criminal fugitive with a puppet proxy. As for living in issan , there arent that many job opportunities in my line of work. Mrs T though is from KK though, but no fan of PTP.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

Perhaps the best solution is another coop! Perhaps it would be a good idea to close all our borders, stop all air traffic, and outside communications, sort out our problems, (come what may) and when the dust settles, we may find peace in our country.

It doesn't sounds good. Violence is likely.

It might already be here.

The following seems related to the thread so I will put it here.

I live very near the Constitutional Court and therefore the Chaengwatthana protest site. We often hear and have had many attacks from the beginning of the current political turmoil, mostly grenades, occasional gunfire, and even a car bomb last Monday just outside our place. (The only damage was to our sleep as it went off before 6am). Some of these incidents get reported and some do not.

The night before last, we were kept awake by what sounded like an extended gun battle, mostly coming from the immediate area around the Constitutional Court. It went on for about one hour up to almost 1am. At least 100 shots were fired. The firing seemed purposeful, action and then a lull, and each pattern of firing was different. I could distinguish 3 or 4 types arms, some were clearly automatic rifles firing a series of shots, and others seemed to be handguns.

We have a clear view of the court and I could see 3 men huddled behind a big one story utility structure next to the court building. A couple of times I saw them drop to the ground when shots were fired. I believe they were frightened security guards trying to stay safe. From time to time we could hear people shouting, and the protest site's main spotlight was being used to sweep the area north of Chaengwatthana (the other side) where they have cleared a large defensive zone.

The next day, yesterday, I went around and talked to some private security guards to see what they knew. When I asked one if anyone was injured he said yes, a head security guard (boss) at the government complex had been shot dead, he did not mention any wounded. He also said he had seen armed soldiers carrying pointed M16 type rifles going down in into one of the sois near the constitutional court, the soi where he was stationed. Perhaps there were other soldiers in the other Sois.

OK, we have had a lot of violence here, (along with a wonderful selection of music and entertainment from the protest site), and anything significant eventually gets reported.

How is it that such an extensive gun battle where people died (allegedly) did not make the news anywhere? Obviously the Army knows, (there are 3 bases within shooting distance of the Constitutional court), the protesters knew, and the Government obviously knew, it is their territory.

My concern is that maybe there is more preparation going on that we are not being told about. Perhaps on both sides.

Has anyone seen anything reported about this?

And all please stay safe, even the other color.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

Or don't vote at all. PT got 8 million votes in Feb 2014 against 15 million or so in 2011. Got the message?

Perhaps the message would be clearer if you could tell us how many votes the 'Democrats' got.

8 million people turning out to do this......

post-70418-0-87118700-1396602092_thumb.j

.....in defiance of this.......

post-70418-0-08330400-1396602136_thumb.j

......is a pretty clear statement.

• Like 2

I'd say they have a better understanding of their meaning than most members of the Thai elite.

So they will understand then that this government can no longer govern after their destruction of both principles from end to end.

So the reds won't really have any problem with the courts at the moment if they understand these words as you say.

Pathetic.

in any western democracy all the members would be in jail for corruption, thaksin would be in there with them and the party dissolved and no members ever allowed to start another one plus banned for life. Theere would also behave charges and jail for many people for taking bribes to vote for them but TIT and the same laws do not apply.

The other thing is the boundaries for representation would be evened up so that the whole country got a fair say in who was elected, not just have one region deciding for everyone, the voting boundaries(electorates) are simply fixed to feather the ptp nest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey seajae,

Any details on what specifically is wrong with the current voting boundaries? Any examples? I haven't seen this mentioned on Thai Visa before now.

I don't see any obvious bias. I do wonder a bit about the 2011 change to only 375 directly elected MP's and 125 party list MP's (changed from the previous 400 direct, 80 party list), and I don't understand the bias there? Please note that I have no expertise in this and would like to understand better.

• Like 1

This thread has rapidly descended into a racist rant against the intelligence and integrity of the ordinary voters of Thailand.

No it hasn't, you just can't defend the indefensible.

Farmers been paid yet?

Suggest you look up the word "Racism" that you are happily banding around to suit your Red Agenda.

There are plenty of Thai people, who do not agree with Red Shirt propaganda who are "ordinary Thai voters".

WELL LET EM VOTE THEN and let the THAI PEOPLE decide yet again bit of course they dont want that they want to fix it using the excuse reform to put the elite back in full control.

• Like 2

They can´t get enough of red shirts so they have to sign in Burmese. Notise the contract is in two languages.

that is Burmese script

I wonder what they were promised beyond a few days work. It would not have been hard to recruit in Karen populations because of what they have suffered from a very different military and the poverty of a displaced population..

What I find amazing is the people want to support the poor unpaid farmers yet they are doing this red rubbish.

What I also find amazing is the other side of politics is not coming out to state they will defend these farmers either.

Yes, we are far off from a solution in this mess.

If I ran my business like this for one week I would be broke and these fools run a country

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey seajae,

Any details on what specifically is wrong with the current voting boundaries? Any examples? I haven't seen this mentioned on Thai Visa before now.

I don't see any obvious bias. I do wonder a bit about the 2011 change to only 375 directly elected MP's and 125 party list MP's (changed from the previous 400 direct, 80 party list), and I don't understand the bias there? Please note that I have no expertise in this and would like to understand better.

I think he means in relation to the senate vote, like how each province gets to vote in one senator, so a small province with say 200,000 people gets the same number of senators as Bangkok with all it's millions of people, meaning that the less densely populated north and north east gets a disproportionately high influence. I agree with that, it is a bit off. They used to do the same in Ireland where they would change the voting boundaries to favour the Catholic / Protestant populations to try and make sure they would get a majority in their favour. I believe there is a word for this practice, I forget it right now...

Perhaps the message would be clearer if you could tell us how many votes the 'Democrats' got.

8 million people turning out to do this......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

.....in defiance of this.......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

......is a pretty clear statement.

Cheap shot. Instead of showing an image that cannot tell much why don't you provide us with percentages. How many people couldn't vote. What is the percentage of polling stations that had to close. Where were those stations located?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1