Hiya All

my wife has a connecting flight in amsterdam does she need any documents or does she just go straight on to her next flight and board to the UK? Will they start asking alot of questions at the connection airport.

Sorry I just remember someone on here before asking the same stuff, just cannot remember outcome!

Thanks All :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Scouser is correct - she does not need a transit visa at Schiphol. I was there with my TGF about six weeks ago.

They were, however, checking the passports of everyone as they disembarked the aircraft (this was a China Air flight from BKK) - not at Immigration, this was at the end of the jetway as we entered the terminal building. Caused a bit of a delay but no problem - as soon as they saw her UK VV she was waved through. Don't know if this sort of check is normal - coming back through Schiphol (off a KLM flight) there was no check at all - just transferred straight to the connecting flight.

DM

When we fly back to the UK our connecting flight is in Abu Dhabi. It should be the same for us as well, no visa required just for passing through?? Anyone?

My fianceé will be on a settlement visa.

Thanks

Rj

I got this from abudhabi.com

Transit Visa

If you are flying to or from Europe or the United States, to Asia or Africa and passing through UAE airports, you can obtain a special 96-hour transit visa. You must be sponsored by an airline operating in the UAE and you must have a valid ticket for your onward flight. Your travel documents will be stamped with an entry seal and there is no charge for this visa

I take it that means we will be okay, I think.

Thanks for that link vinny, that might save us being stopped. I got this;

SAUDI ARABIA (SA)

ADMISSION AND TRANSIT RESTRICTIONS: The Government of Saudi

Arabia refuses admission and transit to:

a. nationals of Israel;

b. those arriving in apparent intoxicated state. The

delivering carrier will be held responsible and their

regular operations to Saudi Arabia might be jeopardized

due to violation of the Islamic laws.

c. those who do not comply with the Saudi Arabian

requirements regarding general appearance and behaviour

such as:

- women exposing legs or arms, or wearing too thin or too

tight clothes;

- men wearing shorts exposing legs;

- men and women displaying affection in public in any

manner.

Good to know!! Cheers :o

Rj,

I think the transit visa referred to above is a one which allows entry to the UAE for a limited time; i.e. you can stay up to 4 days in between flights. In your wife's case, she's just getting off one plane and on to another so won't require any visa.

Cheers,

Scouse.