Bomb blast in Rajdamnoen 'meant to spread fear'

Lite Beer

Bomb blast in Rajdamnoen 'meant to spread fear'
The Sunday Nation

30230957-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- A home-made C4 bomb was likely to have been used in the attack on a police hoist parked at Rajdamnoen Nok Avenue on Friday night, according to Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) officials.

The attack took place near the Police Museum and the Parus Gawan Palace.

EOD officials did not find a safety pin so they suspect the assailants used a home-made bomb, a C4-type weighing around 0.5 kg, which had an explosion radius of 20 metres and a destruction radius of five metres.

Six glass windows on the second floor of Chitralada Palace, located within the same fence with the Police Museum, shattered.

Pol Lt-Colonel Sitthisak Nakamat, deputy superintendent of Dusit Police Station, said initial investigations found that two men wearing crash helmets while riding motorcycles were responsible for the attack.

The suspects did not intend to kill or injure anyone but intended to cause public terror, police said.

The scene of the bomb attack was about 140 metres from the bunker put up to protect the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge rally stage of the Students and People's Network for Thailand's Reform.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-06

As usual the ' no intent to kill ' comment from the BIB but how can they be so sure without interviewing the suspects and even then it's an iffy statement as most suspects will deny any intent ?

Planting bombs, firing grenades etc. are reckless acts and even if the original intent was not to kill or injure things can, and do, go horribly wrong.

Suthep won't come to the station to face chargers so how can they ask him?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As usual the ' no intent to kill ' comment from the BIB but how can they be so sure without interviewing the suspects and even then it's an iffy statement as most suspects will deny any intent ?

Planting bombs, firing grenades etc. are reckless acts and even if the original intent was not to kill or injure things can, and do, go horribly wrong.

Well dare I say it , in a Democracy you don't do this to get someone to do something ,in a Democracy normal citizens don't have access to explosives or military ordinance , the police have the powers to arrest ,go and do it , they must ensure the law is up held, this to an outsider is just pure lawlessness, out of control brain dead pricks, that when caught they should be locked in a cell and the key should be throw - in away.

• Like 2

Well.... just meant to threaten eh?

How about...

The explosive was left within 120 M of an army bunker. Now that is well within viewing distance of the soldiers. These soldiers would have taken less than a minute to cover than ground to see what those two were up to.... just in time for the bomb to hopefully explode in their faces.

No matter what... The planting of bombs anywhere, with whatever intent is no less than an act of terrorism.

All acts of terrorism should be punished with life in prison without pardon. As you would expect from most country's legal system and in quite a few cases, the death penalty.

• Like 2

So who has C4 at home?

Military grade explosives are not out on the street typically, unless stolen.

Of course we know the military is fractured also like society,

Watermelon soldiers; Green outside, red inside.

• Like 2

I am amazed at the theories put out on TV, for the reasoning or lack thereof for, bombings, shootings, court charges, ,protest targets, etc.The RTP spout their canned ideas for illegal acts and many discount this as biased.

Eod are normally tasked with disarming/investigating components of explosive devices, I doubt they are trained nor schooled in the rational of the placement or the reasoning behind the construction of same.

It appears many of the news reports are officials or news hounds wanting their name in print for public publicity, This does seem a part of the thinking of political indivual/groups, the military, RTP, etc. and the common result seems to be the majority are completly clueless about the subject which they are addressing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well dare I say it , in a Democracy you don't do this to get someone to do something ,in a Democracy normal citizens don't have access to explosives or military ordinance , the police have the powers to arrest ,go and do it , they must ensure the law is up held, this to an outsider is just pure lawlessness, out of control brain dead pricks, that when caught they should be locked in a cell and the key should be throw - in away.

I realize that calling the USA a Democracy is a stretch, however it nominally is, and access to explosives or military grade ordinance is not that difficult. Of course it's not like anyone can just go to the corner store and buy the stuff in either country.

From which rice paddy do the dig up the senior police officers who have the inane ability to make such ridiculous statements based on pure conjecture based on Thai intellect. Not sure which one presents the biggest threat the thugs or the RTP.

Furthermore on what basis can they claim that it was C4 which is not that easy to obtain and is traceable without chemical residue testing. Just playing policeman and looking like fools.

So as far as YOU are concerned, Suthep personally planted the explosive device, NOBODY else, just Suthep.

Nobody is admitting it, the police don't have a clue, but you do.

• Like 1

From which rice paddy do the dig up the senior police officers who have the inane ability to make such ridiculous statements based on pure conjecture based on Thai intellect. Not sure which one presents the biggest threat the thugs or the RTP.

Furthermore on what basis can they claim that it was C4 which is not that easy to obtain and is traceable without chemical residue testing. Just playing policeman and looking like fools.

Are you in Thailand? I have to ask, because you can buy C3, C4 and samtex in Pi, along with opium in kilo bars, 12 year old love slaves, and animal friends for filming. Amazing Thailand.

Are you in Thailand? I have to ask, because you can buy C3, C4 and samtex in Pi, along with opium in kilo bars, 12 year old love slaves, and animal friends for filming. Amazing Thailand.

Where is Pi? I want to do some shopping.

I'm totally hacked off with a guy who tests his 5KW sound (noise?) system for hours on end most evenings.

C4 would make a wonderful "OFF" switch!

How about they just blame it on good old fashioned incompetence. That seems to be the case here, every time. I've never seen so many people miss their targets when shooting guns or throwing grenades. Or hammer screws.

Where is Pi? I want to do some shopping.

I'm totally hacked off with a guy who tests his 5KW sound (noise?) system for hours on end most evenings.

C4 would make a wonderful "OFF" switch!

rolleyes.gif

I'd assumed that he meant Pai, and that "12 year old love slaves" was also meant in humour, rather than as a real claim ? whistling.gif