Two troops shot, injured allegedly by STR guards

Lite Beer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully whoever shot the soldiers will be held fully accountable for their actions.

I in no way want to excuse this despicable shooting but a question that has to be asked is why were soldiers on patrol in civilian clothes?

Because if the soldiers were armed, then when people fire at them and try and kill them and they shoot back in defence of their lives. the soldiers and the current PM will be held responsible for the massacre of innocent protestors. So, soldiers put on duty without guns it is sad.png

All of these ad hoc guards regardless of 'flavour' should be subject to swift inspection and any who are caught with any weapon which they are not legally entitled to carry should be jailed for a long time. After the first hundred guards are banged up for 5 years each you would find the frequency of illegal possession of fire arms amongst the guards would drop considerably.

But won't that make them vulnerable to attack by the red shirts who are terrorists and not going to go along with gun control laws are they?

So that would just make them sitting ducks and they attacks and murders would be actually increased.

The STR have been subject to many armed attacks and have lost guards to terrorists as recent as last week.

The fact that the soldiers were lurking around their camp in the dark hours, and knowing that the reds are in town, and the STR is a big target for them, and also the STR are on high alert at the moment, one can only be held in total wonderment as to what the hell these soldiers thought they were doing.

I am sorry if this goes down the wrong way... normally i won't advocate violence, but at the moment the STR get quite shitty protection from unarmed police and unarmed soldiers agaiunst an armed and ruthless enemy. In my opinion the guards should be entitled to defend their camp.

Obviously they went on the attack when they saw several suspicious figures lurking around behind their camp.

This incident albeit an accident was always going to happen when these circumstances are put in place.

One should really be asking what the hell the soldiers were up to?

ThaiPBS is reporting that 2 soldiers are in critical condition after being attacked with guns and a grenade.

People are attacking the army...

This is all confusing and I am going to wait until the details are actually confirmed because things just don't add up and I think this is going to be one of those ever changing stories as more details emerge.

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 1

In plain clothes, riding around near a paranoid bunch of guards who have been getting shot at,

or bombs thrown towards them, and you wonder why they don't trust young guys on motorcycles

coming close to their camp????

Army in plain clothes or not, with a large red ralley happening the same day,

they likely would have better luck IN UNIFORM to not get shot at.

The stupidity on all sides is mounting daily.

• Like 2

Staggering hypocrisy from the Suthep mob and the acolyte supporters on this forum: they beg for support / security from the army and when it is offered, apparently shoot them as they please. These scumbag guards need to be sent to prison for a very long time. No one is safe from their indiscriminate, trigger-happy lunacy

I didn't realise it was the "acolyte supporters on this forum" that were the ones doing the shooting.

moved to directly reply to Prbkk

Edited by rametindallas

Staggering hypocrisy from the Suthep mob and the acolyte supporters on this forum: they beg for support / security from the army and when it is offered, apparently shoot them as they please. These scumbag guards need to be sent to prison for a very long time. No one is safe from their indiscriminate, trigger-happy lunacy

I see you are easily staggered; time to cut back on happy-hour. Isn't 'acolyte supporters' redundant?

they beg for support / security from the army and when it is offered, apparently shoot them as they please.

Are you suggesting the 'guards' (I use that term loosly) knew the men they shot were army and shot them when they offered to help? Really, please, for your own mental health, lay off the ear medicine; it has skewed your logic functions.

No one is safe from their indiscriminate, trigger-happy lunacy

Hyperbole much? I, for one, am perfectly safe as I have no reason to go anywhere near Lumpini Park; especially at night. I suggest you stay away, also. Lock your doors. Put the sofa and some chairs in front of the door, too. It might help allay your unreasonable fear of all things STR (not PDRC but an allied organization). I read your posts because they are not too long and because they are good for a chuckle. Thanks.

What is the motive of this group of civilian army personnels doing there?

Protect the people or target the people?

Somehow some secret plan has definitely gone wrong down the road.

The STR guards are reacting vigilant to any suspect due to past shootings incidents.

Hope the injured guys have a speedy recovery.

And the STR guards will gonna be charged accordingly with their actions.

• Like 2

Dumb....should be arrested.

Arrested? Why?

Any wrongdoings by the Suthepistas is always "alleged".

The so called "students" and all the PDRC have the full faith and backing of the Bangkok Ammart and the Army.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. But it's not factual.

In any democracy people are innocent until proven guilty. They have to be arrested, charged, the evidence reviewed, if sufficient tried.

Now, how many of those carrying out attacks and murders on those protesting against the PTP / UDD gang have been arrested, let alone charged?

My opinion?

Fact: a country that has a true democratic system of governance that adheres to the Rule of Law never allows a Military coup to be part of that system.

Thailand has had dozens of coups since the 20th. century to the last one in 2006. Hardly a stellar record to qualify as a truly democratic country.

Anyway, it is not my opinion but a fact.

I am not consumed by righteous fervour nor blinded by tribal loyalty or party ideology as some TV Farangs and plants seem to be..

Question that needs to be asked is why run this thread, and NOT run this thread??

Two soldiers injured in gun and bomb attack

BANGKOK: -- Two soldiers standing guard at a security bunker near Benchamabophit Temple were seriously injured when unknown number of armed men opened fire and threw a hand grenade at their bunker Saturday night.

The Erawan emergency centre said the two soldiers were rushed to Ramathibodi hospital for emergency operation.

Both were wounded on the chest and doctors have to insert tubes to drain blood from their chests.

The scene of attack is near the Royal Plaza where a police tow truck was damaged when two men riding on a motorcycle planted a TNT explosive beneath the vehicle and escaped Friday night. Shortly after they fled the bomb exploded.

Nobody was injured but the explosion caused a crater on the concrete road and punctured the tyre of the truck.

The Center said since the political violence broke out at end of November last year until Saturday, 21 people have been killed and 736 injured

Source: http://englishnews.t...gun-bomb-attack

• Like 1

Really you should keep quiet as you have no idea what is going on at these protest sites... This is something for Thai people to sort out for themselves. If Farang don't like what is happening here, there is a Malaysian 777 waiting to take you to another destination. We can Never understand Thai mentality, so better shut up and stay dumb... If you were not so stupid, you would be a politician in your home country, and here you are , a walking ATM machine for some Thai lady... Reap what you sow..! w00t.gif

Whoever made the decision to send these soldiers out to patrol the rally site in plain clothes is the one who is ultimately to blame for this incident.

Considering the army are acting under direct orders of CAPO, one can say with some confidence that this decision was made to incite this incident knowing that there would be some sort of response.

• Like 2

Hopefully whoever shot the soldiers will be held fully accountable for their actions.

I in no way want to excuse this despicable shooting but a question that has to be asked is why were soldiers on patrol in civilian clothes?

Maybe to blend in better? Maybe they were off duty and were going somewhere. I don't know. Are civilians safe from getting shot? or should all civilians dressed like soldiers now?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There is no mention as far as I can see that these "soldiers"were armed however a soldier out of uniform in a conflict zone can be considered as a spy.

The burning question is what the f#*k were they doing patrolling out of uniform which is certainly no way to confirm a military presence. Justify why these soldiers "on patrol" were not in uniform. Time after time they simply shot themselves in the foot.

Really you should keep quiet as you have no idea what is going on at these protest sites... This is something for Thai people to sort out for themselves. If Farang don't like what is happening here, there is a Malaysian 777 waiting to take you to another destination. We can Never understand Thai mentality, so better shut up and stay dumb... If you were not so stupid, you would be a politician in your home country, and here you are , a walking ATM machine for some Thai lady... Reap what you sow..! w00t.gif

Wow....

There is no mention as far as I can see that these "soldiers"were armed however a soldier out of uniform in a conflict zone can be considered as a spy.

The burning question is what the f#*k were they doing patrolling out of uniform which is certainly no way to confirm a military presence. Justify why these soldiers "on patrol" were not in uniform. Time after time they simply shot themselves in the foot.

Maybe they were off duty?

"Pairote said the fire was made from the bunker of the STR and the motorcycle of the two injured troops fell down. Then, two STR guards ran toward them and point their .38 revolvers at the two troops' head. Pairote said he had to stop to help his friends and told the guards that they were Army troops"

Ran up to them and put a gun to their heads? Really?

Seems more like a scene from a channel 3 soap opera than reality. Wondering if someone is over dramatising an already criminally violent incident.

• Like 1

There is a lot missing from this story, were these soldiers in plain clothes armed and had they informed the str that they were going to be patrolling the area so that they were aware of them. You have to take in to account the str coming under fire and one being killed earlier this week so they would be very touchy if there were people constatntly checking them out especially if the were carry weapons. While not condoning any shooting the above facts have to be seen in context but it does not give them the right to start shooting at anyone.

Are these the same protesters that the court said were peaceful?

Yes, MB, the very same protesters who shot no one. Read the article as many times as you need to understand that two STR 'guards' (I use the term loosely) fired the shots. The protesters are as peaceful as they have always been.

Maybe to blend in better? Maybe they were off duty and were going somewhere. I don't know. Are civilians safe from getting shot? or should all civilians dressed like soldiers now?

" Maybe they were off duty"

They were "patrolling", and therefore NOT off duty.

The TV yellow coup-mongers trying to play this down. Can you imagine the condemnation if a red was implicated? Yellow double standards alive and well on TV

The Yellow Whistler Mob is sooo very peaceful you know?

They just want read and hear what they like.

The 'yellow' and 'mob' already shows that from you a unbiased reply will not be forthcoming.

Most posters seem to condemn the attack and wonder about the actual circumstances as details seem confusing.

• Like 1

" Maybe they were off duty"

They were "patrolling", and therefore NOT off duty.

How can you tell if someone is doing a patrol or just out for a walk?

Whoever made the decision to send these soldiers out to patrol the rally site in plain clothes is the one who is ultimately to blame for this incident.

Considering the army are acting under direct orders of CAPO, one can say with some confidence that this decision was made to incite this incident knowing that there would be some sort of response.

Possibly 'watermelon' soldiers planning to do mischief who only identified themselves as soldiers when their plan went pear-shaped. I'm waiting to hear what their commanding officer says their duty/mission was on the night.

How can you tell if someone is doing a patrol or just out for a walk?

How can you tell? Try reading the OP.

Sgt Maj 1st Class Pairote Kuntha told police that he and four other troops in civilian clothes were patrolling the area when they were fired at by assault rifles.

The Army should take heed that where ever it deploys its soldiers, it should check-in with the local private armed militias to get clearance and assure its presence is monitored so as not to create accidentals shootings. wai.gif If fact why is the Army even showing itself in public. The STR and PDRC militias seem more than capable of keeping THEIR peace and practice their brand of justice as they see fit. Frankly, the idea of allowing private militias in public political protests is another step into a lawless society and follow a path away from democracy. Thailand may become the next "liberated" Libya. The Army should not be operating as a law enforcement agency within Thailand and the private militias need to be banned. How's that for Reform?

• Like 1