Horseradish roots or seeds available?

Hello All,

Do you know if it is possible to purchase Horseradish roots or seeds in Thailand? I am referring to the the typical plant that would be found in USA or UK.

Does anybody have any experience in growing horseradish over here? I would try to grow the horseradish on land in Nakon Ratchasima.

My Grandfather back in the UK used make his own horseradish sauce to go with the Sunday Roast that would knock your socks off. I fancy trying to emulate that.

Thanks a lot

Horseradish.docx

I have tried onc to grow them up in Chaiyaphum, quite close to you. But i failed miserably. To hot, to dry

to whatever. I really do not know...

Import the seeds and try via the famous "trial and error"..... Good luck Sir!!

Glegolo

I saw fresh horseradish roots for sale in Villa at Paseo Town on Ramkhamhaeng a couple of months ago. Not sure if they still have them. Might be worth trying one of the larger branches of Villa.

I have tried onc to grow them up in Chaiyaphum, quite close to you. But i failed miserably. To hot, to dry

to whatever. I really do not know...

Import the seeds and try via the famous "trial and error"..... Good luck Sir!!

Glegolo

I worked as a seed collector and I never got any viable seeds .

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

If you contact me in mid May I can give you one to try.(Buriram province)

I have some in my garden, I am not in Thailand at the moment.

The roots are small because of the heat, one year later you will get some usable roots.

Young leaves in salads are great!

I keep mine in 100% shade and very well watered.

Best regards

Edited by soidog2

Interesting I use to have a garden in the uk ,one I inherited ,and horseradish was a weed ,I was there for 6 years ,never did get rid of it , chop a root in half it would grow again, thought I dug a root one small piece left, it would grow

Also that land was light in the summer it would just dry out and every thing would stop growing ,same as the crops on the 1200acar farm I worked on ,grass and all ,but not my horseradish that just carried on growing.

So for LOS go for the roots ,or a piece of ,but as ,other ,TV members said an interesting project ,I would say wait for the cool season this year you might have had some luck,being cool ,for a while .if I grow it would grow it, it would be under the bamboo. ?

Good luck,.

Regs

KS