Veteran US actor Mickey Rooney dead at 93 - US media

webfact

Veteran US actor Mickey Rooney dead at 93 - US media

Mickey Rooney, whose long Hollywood career began as a child star in the 1930s, has died at the age of 93, US media reported late Sunday.

Rooney had been ill for some time, US entertainment media reported. The celebrity website TMZ, without mentioning a source, said that Rooney died of natural causes, AFP reports.

Source: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_04_07/Veteran-US-actor-Mickey-Rooney-dead-at-93-US-media-1211/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2014-04-07

There are a couple of geezers still going strong from that era. Comedian Don Rickles, singer Tony Bennett, TV actress Betty White. All 3 keep going strong and performing. Though, they are all a few years younger than Rooney. But, in terms of great film actors from that era, I think you're right, all gone now, or at least gone from public eye for a long time.

Happily, there have been continued yearly sightings of Elvis though....burp.gif

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Goes to prove to me anyway that good living doesn't guarantee a long life.Mickey Rooney did it all wrong but made it to 93, I'll follow his lifestyle

Thanks for both the laughter and the memories you have given all of us over the years Mickey.

Doris Day is still alive and in her nineties.

Did he nail Doris?laugh.png

Doris Day always played the coquettish, yet prudish leading lady love interest. Sexy, but the good girl. If Mickey hit that, she would have said "do you promise you'll respect me in the morning?"

This almost signals the end of an era in Hollywood. Is there anyone left of his generation that were around in the hay day of Hollywood? I think he is the last isn't he. RIP Mickey, I think you made the best of a long and good innings.

Sidney Portier

I agree Mickey made the best of all situations. Even tho he was short and funny looking, he was not at all bashful with the bevvies of beauties around him.

RIP Mr Rooney.

Manchester United will not do as well without you in the soccerball world league.

He certainly played well for a 93 year old.

I liked his dry humour in the clips on youtube with Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield and others.

Doris Day is still alive and in her nineties.

Doris Day just made a surprise appearance at her 90th birthday party. As of 2009, Doris Day was the top-ranking female box office star of all time and ranked sixth among the top ten box office performers (male & female). Isn’t it time the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences pulled out an HONORARY OSCAR AWARD?

After spending the better part of two decades shunning the limelight, Doris Day decided the time was right to make a public appearance. The occasion: her 90th birthday party in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.

Flanked by her closest friends and a small security detail, and dressed in white and sporting her signature bob, the "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" star walked into the room without any fanfare. Stunned attendees began to cry, others jumped up and down and hugged each other. As Day made her way to her seat, fans surrounded her, singing her most famous song, "Que Sera, Sera," followed by "Happy Birthday."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/inside-doris-day-s-90th-birthday-party-191252753.html

Then (with Rock Hudson): %5Bdoris%2Bday%2Brock%2Bhudson%2Bpillow%

Now (last night): See the link. Better to remember her as she was above. smile.png