3.3 mill baht transfer to UK / GBP...how much would i get in return .

Not possible to say without knowing the various charges/fees applied by the banks .

Where will the conversion take place ? That will also be a factor !

thanks,

its not just a case of using a calculator, i imagine someone in the business world will know the hidden costs etc and could advise me approriateley. the money is going from kasikorn bank to uk bank.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

3.3M should get you just over £60,000 in your UK bank.

The selling rate today was 54.28

A very simplistic calculation which fails to account for bank fees/charges

where is your money held? why I ask some banks give more for cash transactions like bkk.bank so if they give you more baht for a pound your goner have to pay more for a gbp.eg.have a look at bkk.bank cash rates and compare with scb.I always have my gbp.sent to scb.as their t.t.rate is always a little bit more.so as you are exchanging 3.3mill.the extra you gain will cover trans.fee's.

where is your money held? why I ask some banks give more for cash transactions like bkk.bank so if they give you more baht for a pound your goner have to pay more for a gbp.eg.have a look at bkk.bank cash rates and compare with scb.I always have my gbp.sent to scb.as their t.t.rate is always a little bit more.so as you are exchanging 3.3mill.the extra you gain will cover trans.fee's.

just had a quick look at ex.rates using bkk.banks calculator for 3.4million bht ex.to gbp =62,191gbp.

scb.calculator for the same amount 3.4million bht.ex.to gbp =64,132gbp.

sorry I put in the wrong amount but you can see there is a fair amount more if sending from scb.

cm.will tell us if I'm right.

• Like 1

As nobdoy on here would know the charges of either sending or receiving bank, your first stop shold be them...each bank has its own charges so SCB to Halifax could be totally different from Kasikorn to Lloyds. On such a small amount as 3.3 Million Baht I would imagine the charges to be minimal

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

3.3M should get you just over £60,000 in your UK bank.

The selling rate today was 54.28

A very simplistic calculation which fails to account for bank fees/charges

The banks in Thailand charge anything from 500bt to 1500bt.

The Uk banks shouldn't charge anything to receive the money.

So the bank charges are a minimal amount.

Also the calculation should be made by using the selling rate from Baht to Sterling at the time of transaction.

Thai banks will only allow the conversion to be made this way.

• Like 1