Watch Uk Tv In Realtime Anywhere In The World Free Inc. Sky

peterjackson

Hey

I have had one of the USA devices for over a year now and have been able to watch my favourite USA programmes from anywhere in the world that I have been, via my laptop connected to either an ADSL or Cable Modem connection.

There are no ongoing fees or subscription charges.

Now the company has launched a PAL version for purchase in the UK. So now, you can watch your favourite UK programmes in realtime anywhere in the world via a laptop or PC.

The actual device is called a Slingbox and will cost £ 179.99 inc VAT in the UK. You will need to have a broadband connection to connect it to and also a Router with a built in modem or a router connected to a modem. The unit has to be set up whilst there is a Laptop/PC connected to the router, but after set-up, the PC is not needed anymore.

Full details are available at www.slingbox.com

They have an awesome technical/support team and are a very customer focussed company.

Regards

Peter

It sounds too good to be true.

My ISP has just announced a Fair Use Policy and set the monthly cap at 10GB. (outside Thailand)

How much would this little box take in a month???

It sounds too good to be true.

My ISP has just announced a Fair Use Policy and set the monthly cap at 10GB. (outside Thailand)

How much would this little box take in a month???

Its a complete wate of time if you live in Thailand full-time.

Its ony useful for holidaymakers or part-timers who still have a broadband connection at home in the country of programme origin, USA UK etc.

It's for all the sad people who go on holiday for 2 weeks a year and cant go without missing their latest soap opera!!

This service also assumes you have a good streaming connection to the internet - so forget Thailand with its high packet loss, for watching live streaming.

U K N O V A is your friend if you want to keep up to date with UK programmes, (give or take a few days) and it costs ...........

Make up your own mind and keep the cash for a better internet connection here!

Hey

If you set the streaming rate at 256kps on the receiving computer, then you will be using approx. 920 Mb of Bandwidth per hour of stream.

As it's totally free once you have purchased the Slingbox, all you need, is to ask a friend in the UK to install it in their house for you and away you go, no further fees.

If you sign up for Talk Talk, you will get 40GB of bandwidth a month and FREE calls to any UK landline number and a further 20 countries around the world, all for £ 21 a month including line rental, phone service and broadband.

Kind Regards

Peter

This is one of those things that looks like a good idea at first, then becomes impractical when investigated.

Peter. Have you actually tried using this unit in Thailand, and with which ISP. Even with my commercial internet connection a 256k stream is pushing it somewhat. To be honest even the 56k stream from BBC radio clags up more then sometimes.

Of course it also needs a DVR if you're going to time shift (rather than watching Eastenders at 2AM) and the casework was styled by Cadburys :D

I built one of these a couple of years back using a PC and TV card (used remote desktop to drive it), recording to hard disk and then streaming on demand. Installed in my parents place it worked well, except the steaming. It's still running, but now Dad burns the files onto DVD for me, bit of a postal delay :o

As others have noted that site concerning Britain and exploding stars is on of THE best sources of UK telly and it is totally FREE.