is this normal thai rates or too steep ?

With imported bikes iam happy to find a reliable and quaility garage pricing is 2nd priority here as cheap shops tend to deliver cheap jobs. Of course in the end the bill should be right without a feeling of being ripoff. But as others posted you should check prices and what to do BEFORE.

Since the bike weights well over 500lbs it was immovable

Without a truck and a bike ramp

That's like ringing a hospital from your house and asking the doctor how much your treatment will cost...

A shop can't diagnose the issue without taking things apart and seeing how bad is the damage etc... Im not a mechanics and even if u was I don't have any tools so I just tried a few simple things at home and when they didn't work I gave up and called people who do this for a living.....

Of course you cannot know the bill in advance but mech guy needs to inform you first about the price after checking the bike and continue his work after your approval of the amount as common courtesy.

It has to be this way but i am thinking now, at least you found someone to fix your rare in thailand bike properly which is priceless in thailand sometime:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I read here a lot of.... i find... but no real arguments.

Ok again your bill

collection fee in pickup -1000 < I think this is a reasonable amount for a pick of a heavy motorbike and i have the impression you agree with that

new battery -2600 < till now no news about the battery but quality brand batteries for big bikes can cost that easily.Brand and type are needed for a objective verdict.

replaced coolant -640 < also here no brand and type. so it can be reasonable if used a top brand

cleaned fuel tank -640 <

cleaned injection system - 1000 <

labour cost - 1000 << that you didn t bring your bike to the man on the corner implement the have higher workshop rates then somchai on the corner. A well equipped workshop charge easily 500 bath a hour

bill total ; 6,880 thb

So I find your bill not so strange except that i miss the 7% VAT charge

• Like 1

Labour charges in Canada start at 3600 baht per hour - converted.

Parts more expensive too.

I think you did OK

In Burundi the the average motorbike mechanic will charge you, converted to thai baht 100 a day and you will not find any replaced parts on your bill. There are no replacements.

But I think the transport from and back to Thailand will that it's more cost effective to repair in a Thai motorbike shop.