The 1000 Baht Pizza Is Here...Are You Lov'in It

OMGImInPattaya

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to chic beach resort for Bangkok high society and the international jet-set

Haven't laughed that hard in a long time....

This includes the "Quirinale," at at wallet emptying B950, with tomatoes, mozzarella, foie gras, porcini shrooms, white truffle, and parm-cheese.

We obviously have different opinions pf "wallet emptying". Depending on the amount of foie gras (which I don't eat) and white truffle (which I do eat), that could be a right bargain.

to chic beach resort for Bangkok high society and the international jet-set

Haven't laughed that hard in a long time....

This includes the "Quirinale," at at wallet emptying B950, with tomatoes, mozzarella, foie gras, porcini shrooms, white truffle, and parm-cheese.

We obviously have different opinions pf "wallet emptying". Depending on the amount of foie gras (which I don't eat) and white truffle (which I do eat), that could be a right bargain.

I would expect thin shavings...but who knows. I noticed them building the pizza oven over the past couple weeks and today when walking by noticed they were now open and picked up a menu. I realize this is a semi-commercial post but really just wanted to inform people of this new place and what they're offering.

..i'm saying nowt 'till Jingy arrives.................

I'm flattered but I must disappoint as I have long retired from commenting on:

FISH AND CHIPS

PIZZAS

BURGERS (never big on those in the first place)

post-37101-0-19775600-1396957139_thumb.j

However, bring on any New taco and burrito offerings, POR FAVOR!licklips.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Somchai still sells his noodles for 30 baht a dish with free water, 2nd road, 3rd Road and just about everywhere....so can still be an inexpensive place if one looks...baffles me why people fly half way round the world just to eat what they normally would at home.

• Like 1

I hate when Western restaurants in Thailand try to get fancy with "gourmet" offerings. Very few of them can even get the basics right. I have never found a really good pizza anywhere in Thailand, although, IMO, the Duke's in Chiang Mai comes closest.

• Like 1

If it's a Chicago deep dish that tastes like the real thing (or even close) I'm in.

But having said that, I'm not risking it. I learned my lesson from the last *single malt scotch" I got a a bar. Almost needed a trip to the ICE. I wouldn't even call it a whiskey. :blink:

I'll just wait for some one to TOFTT and report back.

But for a real pizza, I'd give my left nut for a slice!

Ok, maybe an eyebrow hair lol

Just my 2 cents

If it's a Chicago deep dish that tastes like the real thing (or even close) I'm in.

But having said that, I'm not risking it. I learned my lesson from the last *single malt scotch" I got a a bar. Almost needed a trip to the ICE. I wouldn't even call it a whiskey. :blink:

Just my 2 cents

Just my 2 cents

The pizza chef is some guy imported from Italy so I doubt it's Chicago style deep dish pizza, but more likely Euro style thin crust pies. The prices are a bit dear but they do have some unique pies, another being the "carbonara," with tomato, mozzarella, bacon,cream, egg, and Parmesan [no pasta] (B390).

The only pizzas I eat here are the ones I make myself, including the dough . These work out more expensive than the rubbish you get in most restaurants. You want a good pizza, you pay for it.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

I hate when Western restaurants in Thailand try to get fancy with "gourmet" offerings. Very few of them can even get the basics right. I have never found a really good pizza anywhere in Thailand, although, IMO, the Duke's in Chiang Mai comes closest.

You are right, the pizza is top notch there, and the ribs are great too. Sure wish Duke's would

open a branch here in Pattaya.....

paying a thousand baht for unhealthy, crappy western food? no thanks

sticking with the healthier vegetables and fruits thailand has to offer. eat locally. cheaper and healthier

If you wash and cook the vegetables yourself - maybe. Otherwise eating Thai food fried in copious amounts a old palm oil, dosed liberally with massive amounts of salt and sugar, containing unwashed vegetables and questionable meat, I doubt it.

Edited by bazmlb
  • Like 1

In perspective….most people in the village where I live spend less than 100 Baht A DAY on food,

so 1000 Baht would be 10 days worth of food…

A pizza would last 10 minutes or so…very extravagant if you ask me, but each to their own.

Well, anyone who is happy to pay 80B for water in Dicey Reilly's would probably be happy to be similarly ripped-off by a 1000B pizza too.

Personally I wouldn't pay either price anywhere in the world and especially not here. There are too many better cheaper places to go to.

Me too......$31 bl@@dy USD for a pizza? Now I know why I don't go into places like that, they are getting ridiculous with prices like that.

That's just one example at the extreme end of the menu of a pie with very exotic and expensive ingredients. The average pie is about B350-450 so while still pricey for Pattaya, not completely unreasonable. Also, for those here who eat at ++ restaurants, it's already included here so you can whack off 15-20% off for just the pie cost. Allot will depend on the pie size as well.

They are definitely claiming use of quality ingredients, like the Diavola pie uses 4 kinds of salami: Calabrian, Naples, Treviso, and chorizo.

sticking with the healthier vegetables and fruits thailand has to offer. eat locally. cheaper and healthier

If you wash and cook the vegetables yourself - maybe. Otherwise eating Thai food fried in copious amounts a old palm oil, dosed liberally with massive amounts of salt and sugar, containing unwashed vegetables and questionable meat, I doubt it.

He should Google "gutter oil," it might put him off those "healthy" food carts.

• Like 1

In perspective.most people in the village where I live spend less than 100 Baht A DAY on food,

so 1000 Baht would be 10 days worth of food

A pizza would last 10 minutes or sovery extravagant if you ask me, but each to their own.

I don't think Thai villagers is their target market.

• Like 1

Guess as the target for Thailand is High Class Tourist, there will be a place for them to have a Pizza... ?

Normal Class Tourist well would appear some get hit by the sun and do funny things so maybe some will try a 1.000 baht pizza..

Maybe if the Pizza is large they could cut it into 10 slices @ 100 baht a slice

You mean the chemically enhanced and formalin preserved products ?

Corned beefs the winner for me

Corn beef cooked the right way....with a nice mustard sauce....but not that Spam crap....opened a can the other day I bought to share a novel experience with my son....we both spat it out and gave it to the dogs.

Me too......$31 bl@@dy USD for a pizza?

Now I know why I don't go into places like that, they are getting ridiculous with prices like that.

Thinking exactly the same thing as you. Could the OP (try to) explain what could justify such a ridiculous price when very good pizza can be found all over Pattaya at 200-300 baht ?

Well, anyone who is happy to pay 80B for water in Dicey Reilly's would probably be happy to be similarly ripped-off by a 1000B pizza too.

Personally I wouldn't pay either price anywhere in the world and especially not here. There are too many better cheaper places to go to.

Fly in from Paris or London, stay at the Marriott, eat at Dicy Oreilly.

It's not expensive for some people.

I doubt their target demographic is the cheap charlie that brings in his own drinking water.