Thai Immigration closed for Songkhran 12-16 April

Question: I'm currently on a work permit. I plan to leave Thailand for a few weeks. I will leave Thailand on 17th before the Immigration office opens.

I don't have a re-entry on my Visa. So I need to add a re-entry to my Visa.

Soooo....did I read it correctly that I can get a re-entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport to my Visa/work permit at the airport 24/7 even during the holidays?

Question: I'm currently on a work permit. I plan to leave Thailand for a few weeks. I will leave Thailand on 17th before the Immigration office opens.

I don't have a re-entry on my Visa. So I need to add a re-entry to my Visa.

Soooo....did I read it correctly that I can get a re-entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport to my Visa/work permit at the airport 24/7 even during the holidays?

You can get a re-entry permit 24 hours a day at the airport. The re-entry permit desk is located just before the departure immigration area.

A single entry will cost 1200 baht because they do a photo, form and copies needed for you.

• Like 1

"Well, at least they didn't wait until the evening of the final working day before to tell us."

A courtesy, perhaps.

Or maybe aimed at those customers who can't figure out on their own that the office will be closed on government holidays.

And including those whose Thai calendars do not show the 16th as any holiday whatsoever.

The Thaivisa Calendar 2014 has shown it since the end of December as has the pinned topic. smile.png So don't blame TV entirely.

TV not being blamed, in fact good of them to remind us.

Just stating some may not be aware, due to what their freebie calendars say.

Some of us live in a bit of a bubble.

This mean All the boarder gates also closed?

Is there any closing our of surin Cambodia boarder?

Border crossings are open as usual.

It are the immigration offices, where you go for an extension of stay, re-entry permit etc, that are closed.

This mean All the boarder gates also closed?

Is there any closing our of surin Cambodia boarder?

Border crossing are not immigration offices. Border crossing do not close for holidays. The Chong Chom Broder crossing 72 km south of Surin on the 214 highway is open 7 days a week from 6AM morning to 10PM at night.

If you want to stay dry catch this van from the Surin Bus Station to the Chong Chom Crossing. About 1 hour and 60 baht..Departs every 30 minutes.

post-157194-0-19157600-1397369190_thumb.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1