Another one pregnant !

And the conveyor belt of 200b a day cleaners and builders for the rich elite continues.

I should add that it's perfect really.

Except for the past 10 years or so the little blighters have been voting for the wrong people.

So best just to take away their vote.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having babies at this age is normal and natural.

Only our twisted western society sees it as wrong.

Sarcasm or troll?

In case you are in earnest... Our western society deemed it "wrong" when we started to see the value - or better, necessity - of education in modern society, which requires being in school well past the age of 15. Thailand has modernised quickly and the "breeding like cats" mentality in the countryside hasn't entirely caught up with modern society. Fine if you want to be stuck being a rice farmer and a "frog under a coconut" for generation after generation.

Having spent a lot of time in the western education system (UK branch) I would like to point out continued education for many over the age of 13 is completely pointless, and more to do with keeping them off the streets than anything else.

Modern western society IMHO is largely a failure.

In Thailand kids can leave school at age 13, many more are thrown out at age 15.

I believe less than 20% of Thais finish high school.

95% of Thais are "dirt poor", that is how the Thai rulers like it.

Should we really be trying to force the failures in our society onto other societies?

Your second paragraph, second sentence, no, not even close, a lot more than 20% finish high school, and none fail their exams.

What grade to you count as finish? Only 60 per cent of school-age children go on to Matthayom 4.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Back-to-school-but-where-and-when-for-the-children-47033.html

Matthayom goes to 6 you know.

• Like 1

They don't just "go off and have a good time"...they go to work in bars...massage parlors...and restaurants...hoping to nab a walking ATM machine to pay for their mistake...

You got one young lady bent over and picking rice 12 hours a day in a paddy and another having a beer in a bar listening to music till midnight.

And the conveyor belt of 200b a day cleaners and builders for the rich elite continues.

I should add that it's perfect really.

Except for the past 10 years or so the little blighters have been voting for the wrong people.

So best just to take away their vote.

The little blighters can't vote. Adults vote.

Three random thoughts in reading this thread after 1/2 bottle of wine on Songrkan eve:

Actually, this "Thai tradition" of Mom or Auntie raising the child of a 15-yr old isn't too far off of what used to be done in the west before the welfare state kicked in and 15 year olds were given money to raise kids by themselves, often with disastrous results.

I'd love to know the age of the (presumably male posters) who say that it is "nature's plan" for 15 year olds to have kids. Yeah, maybe when humans lived in caves and didn't live much beyond age 30.

Unfortunately, this problem isn't unique to Thailand. It holds back economic and social development all over the planet. Young people, women included, should be educated beyond age 15.

Thailand is rather unique as it's nr. 2 in the world only after South Africa for teenage pregnancies!

In Thai culture promiscuity is the norm but sex is taboo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_teenage_pregnancy UN Statistics Division, live births 2000-2009

Per 1,000 women 15–19 years old, source

Thailand 1995 - 2000, 2000 - 2005, 2005 - 2010

45.8 43.6 43.3

USA

50.5 43.1 41.2

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Thailand, legal age to marry 15.

Guess our regular 2 week millionaire blow ins are unable to read Thai, see plenty of adverts aimed at ending teenage pregnancies, written in Thai, something along the lines of stop the teenage mothers.

One of the drawbacks of a P2 education is, some Thais cant read whats written in their own language, or what may well be their second language.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all your posts really appreciated

Can I just point out in both cases they were both the same age and so called boyfriend and girlfriend

Surely with the social media in 2014 the kids must know about condoms .

Not only about pregnancy but about aids etcc etc etc.

1. Cabbages and Condoms. http://www.pda.or.th/restaurant/

2. They need to start handing out condoms in school when puberty is reached. The kids are afraid to buy the condoms at a store or don't have the cash.

I walked in on a couple of my students going for gold in the classroom one morning break she was only 13. I thought at the time I was going to find some students hiding up in the class eating. Got to admit they where very sorry and embarrassed, and I did not report it as they would have been sent out of school.

I can shed a little light on purchasing condoms as a previous Pharmacy owner back home, I'd suggest kids are they same the world over.

Boys are ashamed/afraid to buy them and would often steal them, if the cashier was female they'd simply walk away.

Girls would rather purchase condoms from a female and for some unknown reason 9/10 would always buy sanitary napkins at the same time.

The placement of the condoms front and centre at most 711's/Tesco is wrong, they are placing them there to decrease their pilfer rates and they really should be stocked in the health aisle. There weren't many things I would scold staff over but joking about customers buying condoms was a one day holiday. Durex and other brands have a bakers dozen policy to convince retailers to move them into a discreet area.

I don't agree that schools are the correct place to hand them out, vending machines in toilets are a much better solution.

From my experience there is a lot of sex education going on at the schools but it is being taught by peer instruction techniques and is mostly trial and error. Toilets work for me. Toilets in the schools.

sex education at school?

information, advice and support available for teenagers - especially those in rural areas?

I brought up the same subject with my girlfriend. (we live in a rural area and her daughter fell preggers at 16) The conversation (prior to the pregnancy) went as follows...

Me: Don't they teach kids about contraception at school?

Her: NO...cannot. This is for family to talk about.

Me: So have you spoken to her about contraception?

Her: Cannot, is embarrassing for her.

Me: So how will she learn about it?

Her: Is Thai, different to Farang. Don't have to speak.

Me: What does that mean?

Her: Tut tut tut. (sucks teeth, throws arms in air, walks away)

• Like 2

Growing up without their parents for most of the time? Those who suffer, because an abortion went wrong and their kids die.

How many 15 year old girls do you consider old enough to be a mother, with all the responsibilities?

Only because they menstruate, but still play with Barbies doesn't make them to a mother...

My wife's friend is a nurse at the local hospital and a lot of 12-14 year old give birth. Is that natural?

Twisted.Western society, give me a break. wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

I can shed a little light on purchasing condoms as a previous Pharmacy owner back home, I'd suggest kids are they same the world over.

Boys are ashamed/afraid to buy them and would often steal them, if the cashier was female they'd simply walk away.

Girls would rather purchase condoms from a female and for some unknown reason 9/10 would always buy sanitary napkins at the same time.

The placement of the condoms front and centre at most 711's/Tesco is wrong, they are placing them there to decrease their pilfer rates and they really should be stocked in the health aisle. There weren't many things I would scold staff over but joking about customers buying condoms was a one day holiday. Durex and other brands have a bakers dozen policy to convince retailers to move them into a discreet area.

I don't agree that schools are the correct place to hand them out, vending machines in toilets are a much better solution.

From my experience there is a lot of sex education going on at the schools but it is being taught by peer instruction techniques and is mostly trial and error. Toilets work for me. Toilets in the schools.

There's no sex education and you know why? It's not that the teachers would lose face. They'd lose the plot.-facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

..as an aside, i do think 15 is too young.
And, regardless, i think that the father should be similarly aged.
Any much older fathers..and it seems preditory and wrong.

Now why am I not surprised you didn't get any likes for that post?

I walked in on a couple of my students going for gold in the classroom one morning break she was only 13. I thought at the time I was going to find some students hiding up in the class eating. Got to admit they where very sorry and embarrassed, and I did not report it as they would have been sent out of school.

Looks like we also need more sex education and training for teachers in Thailand.

Depressing...

Really? You think children having children is normal? Most Thai people don't think that these days, 15 is way too youg. So, you are ok with your 15 years old kid having kid?

what ever happened to wearing condoms, as they say in Austarlia, if its not on, its not on.

I agree with that sentiment but I also remember that when I was a teenager, the condom thing just seemed to get in the way.

Easy to say now when we're grown up but at 17, most of us weren't as adept at tempering our passion long enough to "get dressed" as it were

• Like 1

Really? You think children having children is normal? Most Thai people don't think that these days, 15 is way too youg. So, you are ok with your 15 years old kid having kid?

Probably just another one of those creepy farang who is so proud to tell you about his attraction to middle schoolers and

how "normal" it is..

Can I just point out in both cases they were both the same age and so called boyfriend and girlfriend

Social media is not there to raise children. The parents must do that....or grandparents.....uncles...aunties...

"Just found out another one of my nieces is pregnant at 15."

How old is the father? I bet the age difference between Mum and Dad is nowhere near the age difference between some of the posters on this thread and their 'girlfriends' cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Same age sustento .So I don't know how long he will hang around.

On a positive note the other couple are still together just haven't seen the son in 8 months.

Last year a bloke I know 72 married a 21 year old who he had dated for two years.She looks about 15.

The kicker is he's already married so I don't know how he done it but he reckons you can under thai law.

Anyway sustento that's the biggest age difference I know.

Sorry a bit off topic,

Just found out another one of my nieces is pregnant at 15.

This is the second one of the family to have a baby so young.

What are the girls thinking ?Just have baby get a bit of face then hand it over to mum and dad to raise after the novelty wears off while they go off and have a good time.

Crazy!

Don't worry about it. If she is 15 and she already feels that she is big enough to have unprotected sex, then obviously she is mature enough to deal with being a mother as well. So tell her to do it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Social media is not there to raise children. The parents must do that....or grandparents.....uncles...aunties...

The Population and Community Development Association (PDA) was founded in 1974 as a non-governmental organization with the initial aim to complement the efforts of the Royal Thai Government in promoting family planning in Thailand, especially in areas where knowledge and access to services were scarce. Utilizing a participatory, community-based approach, PDA recruited and trained residents of villages and urban neighborhoods to provide information on family planning, including the supervised, non-medical distribution of oral contraceptives. This distribution network covered more than one-third of the country, thus contributing significantly to the decrease in the annual population growth rate from 3.3% in the mid-1970s to 0.6% in 2005. During the same period, the number of children per family fell from 7 to under two.

"Just found out another one of my nieces is pregnant at 15."

How old is the father? I bet the age difference between Mum and Dad is nowhere near the age difference between some of the posters on this thread and their 'girlfriends' cheesy.gif

How old is the father? I bet the age difference between Mum and Dad is nowhere near the IQ difference between some of the posters on this thread and your own one. And yours is damn low..cheesy.gif

Edited by sirchai