Thavorn thanks Chaikasem for appointment of new PM under Article 7

Lite Beer

Anti democrats? What the 15/15 democrats or the 1/15th democrats? Elections only, thank you democrats.

The democrats that are banned and dissolved because the broke the law ever time they are elected or the demoratcs that have celebrated over 70 years of upholding democracy.

An LA street gang has a longer life span than the Shin parties regimes. I know of Australian bikey gangs that adhere to their principles more than the PTP do to the democratic principles.

You tell me what the other 14 principles of democracy that the PTP adhere too that I suggest they don't and then I will respect the minority political noise you purport to speak of.

"70 years of upholding democracy" - Heh. If the last 70 years of Thai history are anything to go by, then the "Democrats" are either ridiculously incompetent or devilishly devious when it comes to "upholding democracy".

Perhaps that is why they have been unable to actually win an election for what? 20 years? And their supporters have to pretend that the latest coup, ridiculous court ruling or election boycott is actually a triumph of "democracy".

After all, holding elections is just "1/15:th of democracy" or whatever less-than-gifted slogan they have been fed this week. Without elections, no democracy. It´s not that hard. Google "Necessary but not sufficient" if you want a longer explanation of the underlying concepts.

• Like 2

I thought Suthep was going to choose and endorse the new Prime Minister... this Thavorn guy can't go round making statements after Suthep has already said he will take care of everything in his capacity as the sole representative of the Thai people.

Both of 'em are mad and one of 'em is stark raging mad. After reading this thread it see Suthep and Thavorn aren't the only ones either.

• Like 1

The ruling Pheu Thai and its redshirt supporters are always against the appointment of a new prime minister under Article 7 reasoning it was undemocratic and also vowed to oppose to the end.

Well I would say that you are less than a week from the end, so do what you can in the little amount of time you have left.

New PM,

Open special senate session,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

Oh! that's great mate,what time do you recommend 4-00 am? as the ideal time ?

Edited by MAJIC

Huh????? What just happened,.... can anybody explain to me????

Suthep and his happy band have been arguing for some time that article 7 allows for the Senate to appoint a new PM if the caretaker is inducted and forced to stand down.

Yingluck and her not quite so happy band have been arguing the opposite vehemently.

One of YS deputies made a gaffe by agreeing with PDRC

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ruling Pheu Thai and its redshirt supporters are always against the appointment of a new prime minister under Article 7 reasoning it was undemocratic and also vowed to oppose to the end.

Well I would say that you are less than a week from the end, so do what you can in the little amount of time you have left.

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

International sanctions

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

etc. etc.etc.

Guerrilla warefare Collapsed economy, Counter-coup, Red rule

Spoken like a true Red thug.

So, Thaksin has already decided who will replace his sister.

I wonder who?

His other sister, his ex wife, his cousin, his gardener or his cleaner?

All eager to knoww00t.gif

Chalerm or Tarit. Both have been faithful lapdogs so they deserve a reward.

He can't give it to Chalerm. Chalerm won't give it back.biggrin.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So, Thaksin has already decided who will replace his sister.
I wonder who?
His other sister, his ex wife, his cousin, his gardener or his cleaner?
All eager to knoww00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

Chalerm or Tarit. Both have been faithful lapdogs so they deserve a reward.

Like a Series 79 grenade launcher , plus three grenades, laser beam guidance system, GPS reference holder and slab of Leo .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anti democrats? What the 15/15 democrats or the 1/15th democrats? Elections only, thank you democrats.

The democrats that are banned and dissolved because the broke the law ever time they are elected or the demoratcs that have celebrated over 70 years of upholding democracy.

An LA street gang has a longer life span than the Shin parties regimes. I know of Australian bikey gangs that adhere to their principles more than the PTP do to the democratic principles.

You tell me what the other 14 principles of democracy that the PTP adhere too that I suggest they don't and then I will respect the minority political noise you purport to speak of.

"70 years of upholding democracy" - Heh. If the last 70 years of Thai history are anything to go by, then the "Democrats" are either ridiculously incompetent or devilishly devious when it comes to "upholding democracy".

Perhaps that is why they have been unable to actually win an election for what? 20 years? And their supporters have to pretend that the latest coup, ridiculous court ruling or election boycott is actually a triumph of "democracy".

After all, holding elections is just "1/15:th of democracy" or whatever less-than-gifted slogan they have been fed this week. Without elections, no democracy. It´s not that hard. Google "Necessary but not sufficient" if you want a longer explanation of the underlying concepts.

Up until 1992 up rising , Thailand history was army Junta controlled , where is the democracy in that , democracy is still a fledgling in Thailand and has not been allowed to gather pace and mature , it is abused by both sides of politic;s

• Like 1

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

International sanctions

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

etc. etc.etc.

and in your own words

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

this is democracy ?

Heaven help us with people like you in Thailand

You have no idea what the word means

• Like 2

reminder to myself: I am a stupid falang and I know nothing - this is not my country so I stay relaxed

What I totally missing in this political mess in Thailand is the following topic.

Reforms in Thailand should be about the concentration of wealth because it almost inevitably leads to a concentration of power that undermines real democracy. (when this problem is not solved there will be one coup after the other)

All this people here in this forum who talks about the majority should be more careful. Without a new election you just don´t know.

but maybe i know smile.png , The largest party in Thailand, by the way, is neither PTP nor the so called "Democrats". It's the party of non-voters.cheesy.gif

Little reminder for Thailand:

Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a King, General,President, MP and Senators and government officials, but the voters of this country.

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

International sanctions

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

etc. etc.etc.

and in your own words

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

this is democracy ?

Heaven help us with people like you in Thailand

You have no idea what the word means

My friend just got a UDD to English translation dictionary and not I see the problem.

In UDD speak, Democracy means Dictatorship by Thaksin. So, every time a Red uses Democracy, he means Dictatorship by Thaksin. It all makes sense now.

Edited by rametindallas

It really is time for the PTP to accept the voice of the majority and stand down.

They refused to listen to the majority when the amnesty passed through parliament. They refused to listen to the majority when the 2007 referendum was overwhelmingly accepted by the population. They refused to listen when the results of the 2014 election were glaringly against them (by the majority). They refused to listen when the majority wanted a public water management hearing. They refused to listen when the majority want reform before elections.

They cling to an election result 3 years ago. Pre 13 farmers suicides, pre terrorist attacks against innocent protestors. Pre rice scheme failure, pre majority not being respected by the PTP.

It really is time for the PTP to accept the voice of the majority and stand down.

To do otherwise is showing more contempt to the majority voice.

If Suthep is the 'want' of the majority then why doesn't he take part in the elections? Why doesn't he and the PDRC set up a political party? Which type of numpty would be stupid enough to vote for a man as corrupt as Suthep anyway? And the list here doesn't even mention his palm oil scam or Police Station reconstruction scheme failure / corruption... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

• Like 2

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

International sanctions

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

etc. etc.etc.

The first thing PTP and the red shirts need to learn is the meaning of democratic

the rules they uses re so far from democratic, and closer to dictatorship

The facts have been made clear on TVF so many times . but to many of our members they just can not get inside their brains

1) In Jan 2014 the Election Commission (EC) had repeatedly stated it could not guarantee a fair election, but the Caretaker Government insisted on going ahead with it in a bid to whitewash its wrongdoings.

Was this a Democratic Election .............. No

Unless an election is fair, it can not be democratic.

Government supporters continued to threaten independent organisations, the people and political parties which opposed it. and the police fail to perform their duties.

2) Ms Yingluck had never called for the pro-government and red-shirt demonstrators to behave, suggesting that she supported the actions of these same redshirt demonstrators.

3) Thai People have witnessed red-shirt demonstrators threaten other party members without facing arrest.

The Democrat Party has also been threatened, many times if they want to campaign in Issan

4) During the 2005 general election, a political canvasser belonging to his party in Phichit province had been told to stop his campaigning.

When the threat was ignored, the canvasser was shot dead in front of his house three days before the election. Police have still not arrested any suspects

5) In 2014 things are even worse. Anti-government demonstrators were being ambushed on a main Hyway and no suspects had been arrested.

Under these circumstances, No other party but the PTP is safe to campaign for votes in the North East of Thailand

“The [Democrat] party conducted a survey of potential candidates nationwide and found that 80% had no safe place to campaign for votes, except those in the South, Bangkok and parts of the Central Plains.

So, is this a democratic Election, is it fair if only one political party can campaign for votes but others cannot,

I could go on and on but bye now I have already lost most of the red shirt supporters

who believe in the 11th commandment

Thous Shalt Not Listen To The Truth

And what? Suthep (a man with a long list of corruption) is democratic?! The anti-government supporters and PDRC are cutting off the nose to spite the face of Thaialnd. Everything they have done has been detrimental to Thailand, detracting investment and tourism, ruining normal Bangkok residents livelyhoods, weaking the strength of the baht, let alone the fundamental running of the country undertaken by government officials - Suthep's first reaction to the Government going to the banks for loans to pay the desperate farmers was to 'urge' the banks NOT to, and then arranged demonstrations outside bank HQ's and Executives houses to 'threaten them into a adecision. Only when he realised that he may actually be able to conjure up more support from the North did he reverse this action and the 'urged' them TO give the government money! Where is all the money that anti-government supporters donated for the farmers? Has any of it found its way to the most in need? NO! He is 'saving' the money to kindly sue the government on behalf of the farmers! I'm sure that there are many lawyers amongst the PDRC that would be willing to do this for free but ohg no, he has to PAY someone, hmmm... make syou think where that money's going to end up doesn't it? Oh and what about that 52 rai land purchase in Nakhon that took place when the Land Registry office was closed due to anti-govenrment protests, and his and his family's (co-signed by his son) assets were frozen (huh? how is that possible?!! where did that money come from?!! when the office was closed?!!)

Suthep is no stranger to using his supporters for his own means and unfortunately a lot of Thais are ignorant and naive and have a culture of just 'copying'

without actually looking at the evidence for themselves - most just want to say that they 'played a part' in what they see as a 'revolution' for Thailand but they are follwoing the wrong person (a man that hijacked teh 'anti-corruption' protests and quickly renamed them 'anti-government' protests so to avoid fingers being pointed at him for his own misdeeds).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

http://assassinationthaksin.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/thaksin-corruption-what-transparency-international-says-vs-what-elite-thai-establishment-says/

Edited by TallPalm
  • Like 2

They refused to listen to the majority when the amnesty passed through parliament. They refused to listen to the majority when the 2007 referendum was overwhelmingly accepted by the population. They refused to listen when the results of the 2014 election were glaringly against them (by the majority). They refused to listen when the majority wanted a public water management hearing. They refused to listen when the majority want reform before elections.

They cling to an election result 3 years ago. Pre 13 farmers suicides, pre terrorist attacks against innocent protestors. Pre rice scheme failure, pre majority not being respected by the PTP.

The voice of the MAJORITY???? Do you even know the meaning of that word?? certainly the MAJORITY are not the few hundreds of suthep backers - sorry wrong few thousand. They are not the MAJORITY. It IS TIME that suthep face the courts for the charges against him.

The voice of the MAJORITY???? Do you even know the meaning of that word?? certainly the MAJORITY are not the few hundreds of suthep backers - sorry wrong few thousand. They are not the MAJORITY. It IS TIME that suthep face the courts for the charges against him.

And what about your dear leader, the fugitive in Dubai ? Do you think that HE should have faced his charges instead of running away ? Anti PT are more than pro PT now - maybe pro PDRC are less, but the general feeling is that PT are finished, and about bloody time too, impoeach the useless stupid puppet and sack the lot of cronies as soon as possible !

• Like 2

And what about your dear leader, the fugitive in Dubai ? Do you think that HE should have faced his charges instead of running away ? Anti PT are more than pro PT now - maybe pro PDRC are less, but the general feeling is that PT are finished, and about bloody time too, impoeach the useless stupid puppet and sack the lot of cronies as soon as possible !

I don't blame diehard for his frustration. As a DEM supporter I have felt this minority frustration of years. I accepted they were a minority, but it was still frustrating.

Now the tables have turned after the last failed election that showed overwhelming support for the DEM's the only majority cry they have left is from an elections 3 years ago.

Can't blame em. Reality will set in soon enough and unfortunately unlike the DEM supporters that accept it, the PTP won't/ Thus why the UDD narrative is war, death and bombs.

<edit> Oh I forgot……and looting fuel and robbing banks as per Ko Tee's stance.

BTW - Give it 10 years and the PTP loose they will still refer to the 2011 election results. Though the PTP will be reincarnated 10 times no doubt due to their inability to follow the law. LOL

Edited by djjamie

Article 7 exists. It's in the constitution. It's hardly news, though Pheu Thai's public dodging of it certainly makes it seem like it is. At least one cabinet minister in Pheu Thai now publicly acknowledges it. At some point, even that was inevitable. After all, there will be a Constitutional Court verdict shortly, and Article 7 is a distinct possibility. But before Thaksin gets his hopes up regarding pushing forward another member of his family for consideration, it should be emphasized that Article 7 allows for the nomination of a prime minister through a vote in the Senate, and it is by no means certain that any Thaksin relative would be met with anything other than pure derision. It will hardly be taken seriously, especially in the current climate. The candidate that clears the Senate will need to be acceptable to both sides, although it must be conceded that it is more than likely that Thaksin would not be satisfied with anything less than someone who has his own interests in mind. Therefore, it's likely to be rocky. But whoever clears the nomination will have an auspicious task. Healing the rifts and divisions in this country will be immensely challenging. But it will be the constitutional way forward.

The constitutional way forward is an election.

If a Prime Minister and Government is appointed by any other process then the rifts and divisions in this country will deepen. You are right in one respect, it will be rocky, very!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't blame diehard for his frustration. As a DEM supporter I have felt this minority frustration of years. I accepted they were a minority, but it was still frustrating.

Now the tables have turned after the last failed election that showed overwhelming support for the DEM's the only majority cry they have left is from an elections 3 years ago.

Can't blame em. Reality will set in soon enough and unfortunately unlike the DEM supporters that accept it, the PTP won't/ Thus why the UDD narrative is war, death and bombs.

<edit> Oh I forgot……and looting fuel and robbing banks as per Ko Tee's stance.

BTW - Give it 10 years and the PTP loose they will still refer to the 2011 election results. Though the PTP will be reincarnated 10 times no doubt due to their inability to follow the law. LOL

The annulled elections of February 2014 do not necessarily show overwhelming support for the Democrat party.

As there are no results, all we got to go by is voter turn out, and voters did not show up for a whole lot of reasons, not just as a way of expressing a dissatisfaction with the PTP government.

Furthermore, not supporting the PTP does not necessarily mean transfer of support to the Democrat party. Quite possible for the PTP to receive less support than in the 2011 elections, and still come on top. Another scenario is for other parties (Banharn, Newin) will benefit from the political windfall. That's without allowing for the Democrat party losing support for their association with the PDRC (yes, not everyone likes them).

Seems more reasonable to refer to actual, if dated, election results and not to base assumptions on no results from an annulled elections.

... But the former Songkhla MP questioned if a government with repeated wrongdoings still has legitimate power to propose a new prime minister for royal endorsement.

Does this former lawyer need a more qualified lawyer to tell him that yes indeed, the caretaker government is constitutionally bound to propose as many of their own kind to replace YL as they can muster, in perpetuity, regardless of the fact that they are a clown circus, puppet show, bunch of thieves, etc., etc..

Quick, quick, we must get her deposed and her party banned before the EC gives up waiting for the bung they want from us and realise that they are also constitutionally bound to arrange a new election that only YL's party has a hope of winning.... again.