Who's Going Down to the Championship?

SantiSuk

Hoping Villa go down. They are arguably the worst team in the league at the moment. Would like to see Poyet save Sunderland. I think Cardiff and Norwich are toast, but I guess that's obvious.

Sorry you didn't get your wish. Onwards and upwards for Villa when Randy sells out next week. Such an unambitious owner has never been seen, happy to just survive.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping Villa go down. They are arguably the worst team in the league at the moment. Would like to see Poyet save Sunderland. I think Cardiff and Norwich are toast, but I guess that's obvious.

Sorry you didn't get your wish. Onwards and upwards for Villa when Randy sells out next week. Such an unambitious owner has never been seen, happy to just survive.

One out of two ain't bad.thumbsup.gif

One out of two ain't bad.thumbsup.gif

May 14th is when we are expecting an announcement from Randy, several names have been mentioned, 2 billionaire owners of Texas Rangers were the first and in my book most likely, Villa announced a couple of months ago 2 pre season friendlies in Texas.

Other names are the Canadian owner of Reuters and the guy behind the US Americas cup team (cant be arsed to check the names now). As long as they have a bit of cash and a bit of ambition I'll be happy, this fighting against relegation every season is becoming boring!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sunderland continuing the downward slide into the brown & claggy after another lacklustre performance today....

Well at least you got a draw today and you do have Jermain Defoe who will probably get enough goals to keep you up. Your friends up the road are doing their best to join in the race for the drop.

Villa, Hull, QPR

Leicester and Burnley have weak squads but aren't playing badly. Villa just look like there's something rotten there and have just employed a manager on the strength of his reputation as a youth coach. Hull are unlucky with injuries and seem to be in free fall.. QPR hav a good striker in Austin (and Zarate if he actually plays, but an unknown quantity as manager.

• 2 months later...

After today's results is looking almost certain that

QPR & Burnley are going down.

But, who's going to join them?

I think Leicester & Villa will stay up.

That leaves Newcastle, Hull or Sunderland.

Hull & Sunderland have got some very difficult games remaining.

It's gonna be interesting!

After today's results is looking almost certain that

QPR & Burnley are going down.

But, who's going to join them?

I think Leicester & Villa will stay up.

That leaves Newcastle, Hull or Sunderland.

Hull & Sunderland have got some very difficult games remaining.

It's gonna be interesting!

Yeah there looks to be no way back for QPR and Burnley.

Newcastle fans must be worried as they are just in free fall and have the worst recent record of all of the bottom six. Both Hull and Sunderland have a game in hand over Newcastle but the cruncher could be Sunderland V Leicester. Current form would suggest Leicester can do it but who knows.

The run in for the other 4 are:-

Hull V Arsenal

Hull V Burnley

Spurs V Hull

Hull V Man Utd

Everton V Sunderland

Sunderland V Leicester

Arsenal V Sunderland (ouch)

Chelsea V Sunderland (ouch)

Newcastle V WBA

QPR V Newcastle

Newcastle v West Ham

Leicester V Southampton

Sunderland V Leicester

Leicester V QPR

Well that's QPR down and if I was a QPR fan I would be fuming with the lack of grit they showed today.

Disastrous season for QPR with much of the blame to be assigned to Redknapp. Tons of money down the drain as well.

Might they have been better off if they hadn't been promoted with Zamora's at the death winner last year ?

Well that's QPR down and if I was a QPR fan I would be fuming with the lack of grit they showed today.

Disastrous season for QPR with much of the blame to be assigned to Redknapp. Tons of money down the drain as well.

Might they have been better off if they hadn't been promoted with Zamora's at the death winner last year ?

The TV money and parachute payments will at least offset some of the money they wasted spent.

The TV money and parachute payments will at least offset some of the money they wasted spent.

Not sure...they overspent big time so may well suffer a large financial penalty.